Is there a vst effect that can save audio to wav to have feature "save live output to disk" from reaper ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there such VST 2/3 plugin ?. i use studio 1 and the reaper feauture "save live output to disk(bounce)" i miss much. because in reaper it is easy to do a live record for test

So my idea is, maybe there is a plugin i can put in master track, that can save as wav. i can put it before speaker correct so i can avoid to switch speaker correct off.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

There used to be one from Voxengo...

magicmusic wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:38 pm Is there such VST 2/3 plugin ?. i use studio 1 and the reaper feauture "save live output to disk(bounce)" i miss much. because in reaper it is easy to do a live record for test

So my idea is, maybe there is a plugin i can put in master track, that can save as wav. i can put it before speaker correct so i can avoid to switch speaker correct off.
do you mean something like this?

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MRecorder

it is "free", 37 plugins, only some features are not available, but for this plugin not needed.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm
magicmusic wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:38 pm Is there such VST 2/3 plugin ?. i use studio 1 and the reaper feauture "save live output to disk(bounce)" i miss much. because in reaper it is easy to do a live record for test

it is "free", 37 plugins, only some features are not available, but for this plugin not needed.
Sounded handy, and I have the "free" Melda bundle installed (on a Win 10 machine) along with my paid Melda plugins, but MRecorder wasn't listed in the DAW. I reinstalled 14.07, verified it was checked for install, but it never shows up in my VST2 or VST3 folders (so it's not a DAW problem).

Let me know if you have any luck actually getting it installed.

rj0 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:31 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Sounded handy, and I have the "free" Melda bundle installed (on a Win 10 machine) along with my paid Melda plugins, but MRecorder wasn't listed in the DAW. I reinstalled 14.07, verified it was checked for install, but it never shows up in my VST2 or VST3 folders (so it's not a DAW problem).

i have it installed, and listed. tried two daw's; reaper and cubase. and they loaded.
i bought the bundle, and have also a long list of other melda plugins.
MFreeBundle is just a knob in the installer. strange. also win 10. perhaps you must install them all? never tried to install one of the free ones only.. of from that bundle..

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:45 am

i have it installed, and listed. tried two daw's; reaper and cubase. and they loaded.
MFreeBundle is just a knob in the installer. strange. also win 10. perhaps you must install them all? never tried to install one of the free ones only.. of from that bundle..
Many thanks for the reply!

I didn't upgrade the free bundle to a paid edition, but I'm not seeing anything in Melda's docs to indicate that matters.

Using the 14.07 Melda installer, I did a full install of the free bundle and my paid Melda plugins, all checked (MRecorder too) for install at once. It looks like all my paid plugins, and all the free plugins, except MRecorder, installed (both in my VST2/3 folders as well as Reaper). It's just MRecorder that apparently seems to be missing.

on voxengo i look on the page. i find nothing .

But mrecorder is what i wish, thanks.

I have currently melda 14.05 and some paid melda effects.(i need update later) and after enable mrecorder in installer it is install and work good for me. I have install not all free effects, only what i need for test. this contain mosocilator and now mrecorder
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 am on voxengo i look on the page. i find nothing .

But mrecorder is what i wish, thanks.

I have currently melda 14.05 and some paid melda effects.(i need update later) and after enable mrecorder in installer it is install and work good for me. I have install not all free effects, only what i need for test. this contain mosocilator and now mrecorder
ok! nice. strange that this doesn't work for rj0.

rj0 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:03 am
WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:45 am

Many thanks for the reply!

I didn't upgrade the free bundle to a paid edition, but I'm not seeing anything in Melda's docs to indicate that matters.

Using the 14.07 Melda installer, I did a full install of the free bundle and my paid Melda plugins, all checked (MRecorder too) for install at once. It looks like all my paid plugins, and all the free plugins, except MRecorder, installed (both in my VST2/3 folders as well as Reaper). It's just MRecorder that apparently seems to be missing.
strange behavior. perhaps if you need it, post a post.. on the melda forum here.
virus scanner??? but why only MRecorder?

EDIT: i have melda installed on 2 systems, all install..

I used the melda recorder in Bitwig today no problems and it shows in S1 as well. Have you tried searching for it in the S1 browser? I have the paid free version

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:27 am I used the melda recorder in Bitwig today no problems and it shows in S1 as well. Have you tried searching for it in the S1 browser? I have the paid free version
rj0 mentions that is not installed, in the directories.

i also have the paid version. is that the difference?

but if am right the OP says, that does not have the paid version, and it works.

so the problem? off topic, but... MRecorder is the way to go for these things.. (and i work with a workaround for my LION synth, and lightpad M, that doesn't do automation in some mode, because of this thread, now i use MRecorder).

Ask on the melda forum here seems the way to go

Do you have guitar rig from NI, because it has a tape recorder. just use an empty instance on the master track, it works wonderfully.

edit: i did try melda myself but it has an installer and a load of crap, and the plug has a red notice on it, fk dat.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

magicmusic wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 am on voxengo i look on the page. i find nothing .
https://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

It's ancient and 32 bit only tho...

For anyone who ever did analog recording it's astounding that "record whatever I hear realtime as audio in a click or 2" isn't a standard feature in all DAWs...that's what a tape machine did. Offline rendering and bouncing are not the same. In REAPER it's even simpler than "save live output to disk" - just make a track set to receive audio from all other tracks (or any combination you want), arm, record, and you're good to go.This is also trivially simple in Ableton Live (make an audio track, set Input to Resampling, arm and record) and Bitwig (create track with Master input, arm and record). This makes for a really simple and creative resampling workflow...just drag or copy the resulting audio to another track or sampler, or mess around with pitch/timestretch/timing in the Clip editor. The problem with plugins (I tried the Melda Recorder and Guitar Rig Looper) is that typically you're going to have to go hunting for the recorded files rather than having the DAW be aware of them, which is not fun for resampling-heavy workflows with multiple samples.

There's no clean way to do it in Logic if you add tracks/busses after you start recording (not an issue in REAPER, Live, Bitwig). There are workarounds in Reason involving the Sampling input. I don't think it's simple in Studio One and not at all possible when I used Tracktion.

Return to “Effects”