Touch The Universe Group Buy 2020 | Last Chance to Grab all the Soundsets at 90% Off!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just sent you $12 -- $10 plus the $2 youʻll need to give to PayPal -- for 3 sound sets. Iʻd buy more, but actually except for the new Dune 3 sound set, I already got all of your stuff that go with my synths.

courtjestr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 pm I am not sure what the issue is either. There are a number of posts with soundsets for sale in the Soundware section of the forum, one as recently as yesterday. I count at least 12 on the first page alone, not including the free patch sets.
I agree...apologies
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Here is a rough draft of the email I'm about to send out.

The target goal for the group buy is $4500 for a new car engine, as I am 1600 miles away from home without the financial capacity to alleviate this hiccup, so it will commence until the objective is met. We are 25% at this amount so far in a few days, with 36 people bidding. This is fantastic and impressive. Thanks guys!

You will receive all 32 TTU soundsets for a bid of $50 (if anyone wishes to bid more, by all means :)). Any bid below this amount you are taking a chance that I will return your money once the objective is complete, alas, you missed the opportunity, so hence, the extra incentive to go all in, assuring you can take advantage of this group buy opportunity.

Any amount spent is applied towards this $50, so if you already bid 30, another 20 will assure your victory, so to speak, haha.

Simply decide which tier you would like to place your group buy bid and send the amount to tj.ivory@touch-the-universe.com. You are welcome to send it for goods and services or as the friends and family option, both are acceptable but I do prefer the friends option as that is a free transfer.

Once the group buy objective is accomplished, I will then send out the sound sets to everyone who participated with a link that will not expire, so it is advised to save the email for future reference. So, I will ask, which soundsets you want, and I will send them!

So, you send payment, and then wait within 3-7 days from 7/7/2020, and I will contact you asking about which soundsets you want if your bid is within tier 1-5.

The $40 and $50 dollar tier will of course receive all that entails and anyone bidding the full $50 dollar bid will receive all that is mentioned even if the objective is not met.

Any bidders in tier 1-5, may have their bids returned to them in an effort to minimize the fallout of previous customers who paid $15 per soundset on average.

Essentially, there are 32 soundsets on offer here for anyone bidding for the $50 amount, so, I hope you can understand any possible refunds here in an attempt to please and retain the value past customers spent. I feel distraught, but it is what it is, and I’ll try to accommodate my previous customers with free sound sets and or discounts, please stay tuned for the emails. If you unsubscribe, you will not receive your free gifts!

That is basically it, to take full advantage of this offer, and get all 32 soundsets, pledge $50 and you will receive them, or, take a slight chance the objective will not be met, or some other idea or incentive takes hold that allows me to preserve good faith with my previous customers, believe me, I will try. Like if I can fix the engine with this amount, so therefore, that amount I dont NEED, then I can return a lot of funds, ya know, haha. If that is the case, anyone who participates will receive a free soundset at no cost, I hope that satisfies everyone's expectations.

Anywho, here is the tiers

Tier 1 = $5 Any One soundset
Tier 2 = $10 Any Three soundsets
Tier 3 = $15 Any Five Soundsets
Tier 4 = $20 Any Seven Soundsets
Tier 5 = $30 Any Ten Soundsets
Tier 6= $40 All TTU Soundsets, besides the most recent “ Fifth State of Matter”

Sanctuary - $50 Will receive all soundsets, regardless if the 4500 objective is met or not.

The soundsets can be viewed here

https://www.touch-the-universe.com/sound-design.html
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I will create a facebook ad campaign with a budget of 100 dollars, and a youtube video with a budget of 100 dollars and see where this leads. I will likely edit this for another day or two, before I send anything else out.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:46 amYou will receive all 32 TTU soundsets for a bid of $50 (if anyone wishes to bid more, by all means :)). Any bid below this amount you are taking a chance that I will return your money once the objective is complete, alas, you missed the opportunity, so hence, the extra incentive to go all in, assuring you can take advantage of this group buy opportunity.
As someone who only owns one of the synths you've designed for, this ain't really going to work out for me. But I wish you every success in reaching your goal :tu:

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 pm Surely, group buy for soundsets should be in soundsets, no?

I don't know why it is an issue. My concern is for the most views possible so everything else might be the best in any case. It seems good here.
i guess as you are selling soundware, it's in the right forum.... sell and buy has a 48 hr bump rule, not soundware.... seems a bit unfair that ppl can bump sales posts in soundware and not sell/buy, even tho basically they are doing the same thing

so no rules have been broken, but bumping every few hours? Well.... maybe something Ben should look at

i get you're desperate for money.... so good luck..... could you not get a loan? :wink:

I was a bit concerned someone had taken control of your email, but as you’ve posted here I’m guessing you’re not the victim of a scammer. I’ll send the $50 plus fee as soon as I’ve had enough coffee this morning!

The bad news is this will feed my GAS to pickup a number of synths I’ve resisted so far like Dune 3 ;-)

Hope this helps you get back on track.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:46 am Any bidders in tier 1-5, may have their bids returned to them in an effort to minimize the fallout of previous customers who paid $15 per soundset on average.
Hope I'm not the only one but I'm really confused by this email. I'm one of those previous customers and have many of your soundsets already. This, and the fact that I can't really afford to go 'all in', means I've gone for the $15 tier. Speaking for myself, I understand the predicament you're in and am willing to help out in some small way, but honoring what people have paid (regardless of amount) is the only way to go in my opinion.

You’re $52 nearer your goal!

Are you safe?

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:46 am .......

You will receive all 32 TTU soundsets for a bid of $50 (if anyone wishes to bid more, by all means :)). Any bid below this amount you are taking a chance that I will return your money once the objective is complete, alas, you missed the opportunity, so hence, the extra incentive to go all in, assuring you can take advantage of this group buy opportunity.

https://www.touch-the-universe.com/sound-design.html
I don't quite follow that part. Did you mean if the objective is NOT met?
Surely if the objective is met those who bid under $50 should still get their soundsets? If not, what situation would have to be satisfied for them to do so?

Slightly confused.
rsp
sound sculptist

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 pm Surely, group buy for soundsets should be in soundsets, no?

I don't know why it is an issue. My concern is for the most views possible so everything else might be the best in any case. It seems good here.
i guess as you are selling soundware, it's in the right forum.... sell and buy has a 48 hr bump rule, not soundware.... seems a bit unfair that ppl can bump sales posts in soundware and not sell/buy, even tho basically they are doing the same thing

so no rules have been broken, but bumping every few hours? Well.... maybe something Ben should look at

i get you're desperate for money.... so good luck..... could you not get a loan? :wink:
we are discussing it, there is surely ambiguity here so I'm inclined to leave it here for now but this is subject to change :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Guys, no worries, I will give a day or two notice in ANY event where I feel I have raised an enormous amount of money, that I don't need 12 or so $15 dollar bids, ya feel me.

That likely won't happen, as it seems to be slowing down slightly, even though we appear to be nearly half way there.

I will be like, ok guys, you have 48 hours to increase your bid to $50 for everything, or I will refund ya.

I hope this is a bit more clear. This info will be in my next newsletter.

GUYS, the fallout for this is real. I have already lost one of my best customers. I am happy this is going well, but I am also here wondering if I will have a capable sound design business after this. We will see.

Thanks again.

TTU Youtube

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:30 am I was a bit concerned someone had taken control of your email, but as you’ve posted here I’m guessing you’re not the victim of a scammer. I’ll send the $50 plus fee as soon as I’ve had enough coffee this morning!

The bad news is this will feed my GAS to pickup a number of synths I’ve resisted so far like Dune 3 ;-)

This is awesome!! I just informed richard by quoting you in his forum, the creator of dune 3, of the benefit sound designers have to there sales, in case he is unawares.

This is selfish, as I want him to see the power of sound designers so he will take our WISHLIST for dune 3 more seriuosly!!! :hihi:

Dune 3 is amazing!! :hug:

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:03 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:30 am I was a bit concerned someone had taken control of your email, but as you’ve posted here I’m guessing you’re not the victim of a scammer. I’ll send the $50 plus fee as soon as I’ve had enough coffee this morning!

This is awesome!! I just informed richard by quoting you in his forum, the creator of dune 3, of the benefit sound designers have to there sales, in case he is unawares.

This is selfish, as I want him to see the power of sound designers so he will take our WISHLIST for dune 3 more seriuosly!!! :hihi:

Dune 3 is amazing!! :hug:
Oh I've trialled Dune 3 and it sounds epic, I'm waiting on the next sale, just missed the last one - think it ran out a day or two before I got paid for the month.

btw is it possible for you to sort out getting the presets ASAP to those of us who have gone straight in at the $50 'all presets' tier?

Are you safe?

Yes!!

Let me add all the entries to a spreadsheet so I can keep track of who I'm sending it to, give me twenty-four hours and we'll see.

Actually, give me 48 hours, because I need to set up an entirely new product in script that will include all of my soundsets, so I do not have to manually attach 32 encrypted links, aka products to every email, believe me that would be very tedious, so I require another day for that, very soon

TTU Youtube

Return to “Soundware”