Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Honestly amazed people didn't bother testing it for month before purchasing it, V4 had literally hundreds of bugs from the outset... guess some people are happy to be beta testers regardless the state it's it..and pay the premium for the privilege.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

...still waiting for that DAW without a ton of bugs? Let me know when you find it. :lol:

If you are a student, faculty, or staff member for an educational institution, the upgrade to 5 Pro from any Pro can be purchased for $75 at B&H Photo/Video/ProAudio (EDU Advantage):

Last edited by tonedef71 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Well to answer my own question from earlier: I had misunderstood glissando which I thought was a smooth transition from one note to another but it's not, it's like running your hand down the piano hitting each note so yeah it works with third party synths. There's also a portamento in the notation mode but it seems to just work the same way and I'm pretty sure that one should have been a smooth slide. Oh well. I wouldn't have got the upgrade just now if I'd known- all I wanted from it was a note slide like FL Studio's piano roll.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 am ...still waiting for that DAW without a ton of bugs? Let me know when you find it. :lol:
Sequencers I used on my Mega Atari ST - 1993
Octamed Sound Studio - Amiga
Dr T's Tigercub - Amiga
Bars & Pipes - Amiga
Music & Music 2000 - Playstation
Propellerhead Reason 1 to 7 - PC Platform - Counted the number of crashes on one hand in 13 years of daily / weekly use. Very few bugs or issues between V1 and V5.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:12 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 am ...still waiting for that DAW without a ton of bugs? Let me know when you find it. :lol:
Dr T's Tigercub - Amiga
Bars & Pipes - Amiga
Propellerhead Reason 1 to 7 - PC Platform - Counted the number of crashes on one hand in 13 years of daily weekly use.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NM
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

V5... I really don't understand that in 2020 we've to wait to do something in the project while it's saving... :(
Last edited by Sonik31 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nbyte wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm It has MPE!
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... atsNew.pdf
Thanks for the link!
It covers what's new in Studio One 5 in some detail.

And the Studio One 5 reference manual
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... 072020.pdf
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

graspee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 amOh well. I wouldn't have got the upgrade just now if I'd known- all I wanted from it was a note slide like FL Studio's piano roll.
What you're on about?? If a synth supports portamento, it's enabled & patch is mono then simply overlaping preceeding note's with following note's beginning will result in a smooth slide between the pitches. This is how all DAWs work, btw.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Sonik31 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 am V5... I really don't understand that in 2020 we've to wait to do something in the project while it's saving... :(
What if you broke something while it was saving? And the part you broke was yet to be saved?

It's like asking "why in 2020 I need to stop the car to get out of it?" :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

Just activated S1.4 upgrade and got Studio One 4 Professional in my account.
:(
SOLVED by clicking "reedem" button
Last edited by krandr on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

grid warrior wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:09 pmImage
3 out of 6 completed. Well done, Presonus! :clap:

And one could argue MIDI Actions & Transform Tool are equivalent to 'MIDI Smart Tool', so that would make it 4 out of 6 completed.
Music tech enthusiast

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 am If you are a student, faculty, or staff member for an educational institution, the upgrade to 5 Pro from any Pro can be purchased for $75 at B&H Photo/Video/ProAudio (EDU Advantage):

What happened to the EDU upgrade from Artist to Professional? Is that still available like it was for version 4? It also was around 75 bucks

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:13 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:12 am
Dr T's Tigercub - Amiga
Bars & Pipes - Amiga
Propellerhead Reason 1 to 7 - PC Platform - Counted the number of crashes on one hand in 13 years of daily weekly use.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh right, you mean before these programs could host 3rd party plugins and when they basically ran on one fixed hardware setup. Got it, yup, modern software is crap, all right! :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”