One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Phew! Yet again. Quality tracks everyone :clap: :clap: :clap:

Had to use the range 2-5, but lots of 4's! I reserved my 5 slot for the tracks outstanding to my old ears in terms of objective and subjective considerations! But rest assured, 2 only means not as good (to me) as a 5 track! Check my first line!!! :tu:

I have commented on all the tracks - some more than others - always things to say which pop into my mind as I listen. :phones:

Anyways ...

********* DoctorBob has VOTED*********

dB

I have voted. Lot of potential on this synth. Well done Wave Warden!

Voted.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Voted! Great round this time. Odin 2 definitively boosted the creativity in the participants. A really versatile virtual synth to work with. So many outstanding tracks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm done voting. Lots of really cool tracks, I'm impressed by a lot of them!

Voted, many good sounds came up. This KVR delivers the basic sounds for the release I bet. And don’t forget to share your sounds...

I voted.
I appreciated listening to everyone's songs. As others have said, even my lower scores I still liked, just liked others more.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:45 pm And don’t forget to share your sounds...
Ha, yeah. Even now I still haven't completed the track I started, but at least I can share my patches.
FrogsInPantsOdin2Patches.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

The presets I created for my chiptune track. Nothing special, but maybe of some use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voting done! There is a track that is not present in the official playlist, but I scored it aswell: Hellfog - Radio Interference.

I do lake to say that again, we need more bins for bigger rounds! There were many tracks that I felt like 3.5 or 4.5 and it is always a dilemma how to score them.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

The dilemma won’t vanish with more bins. I find it easier with what we have. A single vote will not change too much. Just cut the .5 and all is good...
More important would be to comment on Soundcloud. Its more important than the final position in the challenge...
Especially if you don’t deliver the usual EDM stuff...

I agree that comments are most welcome. :tu: :tu: As someone who has not done an EDM track since doing OSC every month since my first one at OSC #61, they are what helps me make my music "better", whatever that means! I know that for most people my "styles" don't resonate, but it's always nice to have opinions, good bad or downright ugly!

dB

I am finally done voting! :D

Guys, listening to all those tracks was a blast, I am genuinely impressed with the results! Having Odin as part of this OSC is a major honor to me. Now having several hours of Odin-music I can show off? Thats insanity :o :hihi:

Thanks so much to everyone participating and the organizers as well!

That being said I want to get something off my heart:

The granularity of the rating system isn't that fine, and more often than not I thought: "Ok, that's a solid 4.5!". But there is no 4.5 of course. So for the sake of having all the steps available, I did sort from 1 to 5. Now if you receive a 1 or 2 star rating from me, please keep in mind that this is not a rating like I would rate a purchase in an online store, but rather in the context of tracks created.

I enjoyed listening to all your entries!

I wanna lose a few words on some tracks which really stood out to me:

Wireframe Wolves - Seidr

What a Dub-Steppy madness - I don't know how the Wolves got those sounds out of Odin, I wouldn't have any idea where to start. The buzzing sawmill-esque sounddesign is also mixed exquisitely - the spread achieved over the stereo field here really shines.

Photonic - Coming Home To Asgard

I feel like Photonic has a really different approach to synthesis. He doesn't use a synth like another sound generator. He plays it like a violinist plays his violin, every track with great care for the detail - really refreshing. I also like how he ran with the theme and created this kind of symphonic work with multiple parts. The horns in the last section really let you know not to mess with the gods! :hihi:

mmGhost - Autonomous Dream Sequence

Man, the sound design here is just superb. If I had to pick one part which had the biggest emotional impact on me in this OSC, it's probably the opening sequence of this track.

If anyone is interested in using Odin 2 beyond this OSC, I just released version 2.2. Check the beta thread for details!

VOTED

Also I made a song for this month, but did not submit on time, so just here to share it. Link below.

https://soundcloud.com/user-87727874/loris-cyberpunk

Created in Reaper 6 using Odin 2 vst - watch your ears, this song has been maximized to its limit.

36 instances of Odin 2

Plugins Used:
MAnalyzer
MLoudnessAnalyzer
Moscilloscope
Limiter No6
Mstereoscope
MSaturator
ReaComp
ReaEQ
Hard Limiter
SmExoscope
DDUtility
Reaverbate
StereoEnhancer
MAutoPan
OrilRiver
MStereoExpander
REaXComp
TalrReverb4
DDelay

Here are all of the presets used on my track - hope that somebody else finds use out of them!
Odin 2 Presets_SleipnirsStride.zip

Return to “Instruments”