Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Buckster wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:47 amIs there any minimum term on Sphere please ? Is can you just pay for two months then quit ?
It looks like you can either buy monthly or annual subscription, so I'd say answer to your question would be 'yes':)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ? Trying to decide whether to wait for BF or just get the deal from JRR (when Eric manages to get the site back up online) now

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ?
50% off.

firepile wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ?
50% off.
Cheers, guess I'm waiting :tu:

MeToo

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ? Trying to decide whether to wait for BF or just get the deal from JRR (when Eric manages to get the site back up online) now
The group and forum codes stopped working a while before the site crashed so you may want to ask him if the codes will be available when the site’s back.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I purchased after April 1, so I'm debating between v5 and Sphere for a year. Anyone else in the same boat, what are you doing?

THere have been reports of increased cpu usage (graphics related ) and since my graphics card is over 10 years old I am gonna wait a few more months before upgrading
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

firepile wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm
50% off.
I am not sure it was 50% off just a few months after release, it was the year after release from memory...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

k00k wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:09 pm I purchased after April 1, so I'm debating between v5 and Sphere for a year. Anyone else in the same boat, what are you doing?
Depends on whether you need everything from PreSonus, or just Studio One, IMO.

The Studio One updates will probably continue to be $130 every 24 - 36 months, while the subscription is $165 a year (If you're patient, you can also wait until the updates are 50% off, which usually happens every Black Friday). So if you're only interested in Studio One and maybe the occasional add-on or sound set, the perpetual license is still the best choice.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:17 am No change, still the same dreadful fonts from what I've seen... and nothing in added to the preferences to do anything about it since V4.0. It's the worst thing about Studio One and it's not been properly addressed in 5 years. The V4.0 colour pallet is worse than what it was in V3.0, no change there either. Oh and apart from the incredible amount of bugs there has been in the past 2 years.

Those who have bought it, had better do some deep investigations into just how buggy this version is... before they get serious with it. V4 was horrendous.
Yikes, Scotty! I think it's time for you to dump Studio One and come back to Reason. :wink: :party: :tu:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:07 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ? Trying to decide whether to wait for BF or just get the deal from JRR (when Eric manages to get the site back up online) now
The group and forum codes stopped working a while before the site crashed so you may want to ask him if the codes will be available when the site’s back.
...which would suggest they won't (at least for a while) as the same happened with audiodeluxe.com. Both never offered additional discounts for brand new releases, so it looks more like an error on their part that they've since corrected.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I'm excited for V5. I always upgrade. I'm leaning away from Sphere. I don't need the plugins and samples or collaboration features. If memory serves, CompuServe started offering "real-time chat" around 1986. (Unless Sphere uses video chat, in which case, that would be kinda nifty).

The cloud storage would be nice. The only thing I really want is CTC-1 Pro. I'm hoping that some owners who adopt Sphere will be selling their extras in the bargain thread soon.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:07 pm
...which would suggest they won't (at least for a while) as the same happened with audiodeluxe.com. Both never offered additional discounts for brand new releases, so it looks more like an error on their part that they've since corrected.
Even without the code, the upgrade was a lot cheaper from JRR than directly from PreSonus. Just over $130 once added to the cart, IIRC.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”