Cubase sale 40%

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ptguitarist wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:19 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am
Armadillo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 am For us who's already got 10.5 - I wonder if this can be used as a cheap upgrade to 11 when it comes out?
I don't think so, because you only receive the grace update when you activate the bought update, and you cannot activate an update to Cubase 10.5 when you already have Cubase 10.5 in the USB key. It won't work. You would need to have Cubase 10.0 for that.
I currently have cubase 10 pro. If I buy the 10.5 upgrade now, but dont activate it, will I be able to upgrade to 11 at a cheaper price? What is the typical price in this situation?
If you wait until the Cubase 11 grace period time frame you will get Cubase 11 for free.The grace period starts Presumably early November I think. Just wait with with activation until then.
Someone might correct me if I’m wrong!? :clown:

Cheers
Marcel

hlecram wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 pm
If you wait until the Cubase 11 grace period time frame you will get Cubase 11 for. The grace period starts Presumably early November I think. Just wait with with activation until then.

Cheers
Marcel
I have just bought 10.5 and activated it because if you miss an update with Cubase it costs more.

This is unlike a lot of DAWs which allow you to skip updates and upgrade years later at the same price.

I hope you are right because next time I will wait and get the latest update for a lower cost.

But somehow the idea seems too good to be true.

Armadillo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 am For us who's already got 10.5 - I wonder if this can be used as a cheap upgrade to 11 when it comes out?
I don't think so, because you only receive the grace update when you activate the bought update, and you cannot activate an update to Cubase 10.5 when you already have Cubase 10.5 in the USB key. It won't work. You would need to have Cubase 10.0 for that.
I currently have cubase 10 pro. If I buy the 10.5 upgrade now, but dont activate it, will I be able to upgrade to 11 at a cheaper price? What is the typical price in this situation?
Yes, if you keep the bought update , and activate it only after the launch of Cubase 11, or just a few days before, you typically will be eligible for a free update to Cubase 11. Usually, the price for the update of Cubase 10.5 to Cubase 11 is 99 euros
Fernando (FMR)

hlecram wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 pm
If you wait until the Cubase 11 grace period time frame you will get Cubase 11 for free.The grace period starts Presumably early November I think. Just wait with with activation until then.

Cheers
Marcel
Thanks. How long does the activation option for an upgrade to 10.5 last for?

3ptguitarist wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm Thanks. How long does the activation option for an upgrade to 10.5 last for?
You will always get the latest version. If you have Cubase 10 and bought the update to Cubase 10.5, as soon as you activate it you will always get the current version. Same for the boxes. If you buy a Cubase Pro 8 sitting on a shelve in your local music store, as soon as you activate you will always get the license for the latest version.

Cheers from Hamburg,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

MatthiasQ wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am
3ptguitarist wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm Thanks. How long does the activation option for an upgrade to 10.5 last for?
You will always get the latest version. If you have Cubase 10 and bought the update to Cubase 10.5, as soon as you activate it you will always get the current version. Same for the boxes. If you buy a Cubase Pro 8 sitting on a shelve in your local music store, as soon as you activate you will always get the license for the latest version.

Cheers from Hamburg,
Matthias
Thanks for clarifying Matthias! :tu:

Cheers
Marcel

Just like 2 years ago Cubase Pro was 300$? Now it's 500 and I think that's a bit off.

Do Halion updates work like Cubase updates? Can I hold on to a Halion update until version 7 arrives.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”