Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

oneway wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:01 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:13 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:12 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 am ...still waiting for that DAW without a ton of bugs? Let me know when you find it. :lol:
Sequencers I used on my Mega Atari ST - 1993
Octamed Sound Studio - Amiga
Dr T's Tigercub - Amiga
Bars & Pipes - Amiga
Music & Music 2000 - Playstation
Propellerhead Reason 1 to 7 - PC Platform - Counted the number of crashes on one hand in 13 years of daily weekly use.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh right, you mean before these programs could host 3rd party plugins and when they basically ran on one fixed hardware setup. Got it, yup, modern software is crap, all right! :D
The hardware was not "fixed"

The Atari came with half a megabyte of ram which could be upgraded to a whopping 2 meg of ram for the STE version.

But if you were rich like Intrancer obviously was you could upgrade your "Mega ST" to a humungous 4 meg of ram !

What a monster that was ! :lol:

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:03 am
Sonik31 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 am V5... I really don't understand that in 2020 we've to wait to do something in the project while it's saving... :(
What if you broke something while it was saving? And the part you broke was yet to be saved?

It's like asking "why in 2020 I need to stop the car to get out of it?" :dog:
To be fair S1's autosave is a bit clunky compared to say Logic. Logic does all the same autosaving tasks but it does it in the background and you never notice it doing it. S1 pops up a window right in the middle of your session. It's not that bad it takes a few seconds at most but they could address this a bit better imo.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:03 am
Sonik31 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 am V5... I really don't understand that in 2020 we've to wait to do something in the project while it's saving... :(
What if you broke something while it was saving? And the part you broke was yet to be saved?

It's like asking "why in 2020 I need to stop the car to get out of it?" :dog:
To be fair S1's autosave is a bit clunky compared to say Logic. Logic does all the same autosaving tasks but it does it in the background and you never notice it doing it. S1 pops up a window right in the middle of your session. It's not that bad it takes a few seconds at most but they could address this a bit better imo.
Yes, you have to turn it off during live recordings as it likes to pop up right before punch in point :D

Get to steppin'
Modern musicians, performers, and producers need to move quickly from programming drums and samples to playing synth lines and back again. ATOM SQ was designed as a versatile and expressive MIDI pad controller for contemporary music production. Its unique design is optimized for both classic TR-style 16-step beat sequencing and drum pattern editing in Studio One or playing instruments and launching clips in Ableton Live—yet its staggered and RGB-lit 32-pad configuration is instantly familiar to anyone who’s played a controller keyboard. Advanced features let you change the keyboard scale, and a built-in arpeggiator and user-configurable touch strip make the ATOM SQ the most expressive controller you’ll ever use. In fact, it’s the best PreSonus Studio One MIDI controller available.
Control for the best step sequencer at your fingertips
Deep integration with Studio One’s Pattern Editor allows for evolving step sequences that will bring your productions to life. Insert a pattern, change its length, add new variations, and change scales—right from the ATOM SQ. Need to make changes on the fly? ATOM SQ lets you open the Studio One Pattern Editor, select and edit steps individually, and even copy, paste, duplicate, and delete events, all using tactile controls. You’ll build compositions faster than ever before using the built-in step sequencer in Studio One and ATOM SQ. It’s fast and easy for anyone who knows how to program a drum machine. And you’ll find experimenting to yield particularly rewarding results, because ATOM SQ can constrain your performance to the scale of your choice. No more wrong notes!
A complete production toolkit
Included with ATOM SQ, Studio One Artist music production software enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools or hemmed in with track limitations. Easy to learn and intuitive to use, Studio One’s unique drag and drop workflow and powerful tools will let you produce faster than ever before. Also included are two carefully-curated loop libraries with custom Impact XT kits. New to version 5: Studio One Artist now lets you use your favorite third-party VST and AU plug-in effects and virtual instruments. You also now have complete support for Studio One Remote to use as a second screen or as remote Studio One control on your iPad® or Android™ tablet. And with ATOM SQ, you have the most flexible PreSonus Studio One MIDI controller available.
However, wherever.
ATOM SQ is highly configurable. You can freely remap instrument parameters to different hardware controls, so your rotary encoders can control everything from filter cutoff to drum tuning, for the ultimate drum programming experience. You can colorize the RGB LEDs as you please to color-code your loops and samples. ATOM SQ’s LCD screen is used to display context-sensitive information, and uses a dynamic button system that changes functions depending on the task at hand. Need to add more swing to your arpeggiator or change the CC assignment of a controller? The LCD screen details functions you need, right when you need them for the job at hand.
Navigation and transport control
ATOM SQ is more than an expressive pad controller—it also lets you navigate many aspects of Studio One without a mouse and keyboard. You’ve got transport controls for stop, play, record, and a dedicated Click Track toggle. You can even zoom in and out of your timeline and navigate among your tracks, all without skipping a beat.
Wherever sound takes you...
With its unique staggered-pad layout, contextual screen design, and customization tools, ATOM SQ lets you stay in the moment of creation. Its small-footprint, USB bus-powered design means you can slip it right into your bag and produce anywhere you and your laptop might happen to go, and the complete suite of integrated software lets you start creating right out of the box. Whether you’re in the studio, on stage, or on the road, ATOM SQ gives you the freedom to create, wherever sound takes you.
https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ

The official Presonus ATOM SQ page is now available.
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:59 am
graspee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 amOh well. I wouldn't have got the upgrade just now if I'd known- all I wanted from it was a note slide like FL Studio's piano roll.
What you're on about?? If a synth supports portamento, it's enabled & patch is mono then simply overlaping preceeding note's with following note's beginning will result in a smooth slide between the pitches. This is how all DAWs work, btw.
In FL Studio, with the Imageline instruments, if you use the tool in the piano roll to draw slide notes then you can easily control the length of time it takes to slide between notes which is more versatile than what you describe.

graspee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:59 am
graspee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 amOh well. I wouldn't have got the upgrade just now if I'd known- all I wanted from it was a note slide like FL Studio's piano roll.
What you're on about?? If a synth supports portamento, it's enabled & patch is mono then simply overlaping preceeding note's with following note's beginning will result in a smooth slide between the pitches. This is how all DAWs work, btw.
In FL Studio, with the Imageline instruments, if you use the tool in the piano roll to draw slide notes then you can easily control the length of time it takes to slide between notes which is more versatile than what you describe.
I'm not saying that feature isn't cool but most 3rd party plugins completely ignore that feature and you end up having to draw in the midi notes anyway.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Studio One Integration Features
Automatically detected by Studio One, no setup required
Deep integration with Studio One’s Pattern editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
Navigate and choose instruments and effects from the Browser
Change presets on virtual instruments and effects
Create a new track
Activate metronome and change song tempo
Set looping points in timeline
Navigate the timeline
Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
Directly edit MIDI events and also apply Quantization or Humanization commands
Transport control (stop, play, record)
Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
Requires Studio One v5 or later for full integration support

Ableton® Live Integration Features
Seamless Integration with Ableton® Live
Use ATOM SQ’s Constrain to Scale mode and Arpeggiator to perform live
Change session Tempo, navigate the timeline, open/close windows, and display which windows are open or closed
Control track Volume, Panning, send level and Solo/Mute/Arm status
Select a Device and edit its parameters
Navigate Clips and Scenes
Launch or stop Clips and Scenes
Control Live’s crossfader with ATOM SQ’s touch strip
Transport control (stop, play, record) plus "Capture MIDI"
User Mode for custom assignments
Requires Ableton Live version 10.1.15 or later for full integration support
Now that Presonus has acquired the knowledge for integrating into a clip launching environment with Ableton Live... can we expect to see a clip launcher in version 5.1 or 5.5 of Studio One?
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

Taking a look at the big picture for a moment

- looking at all the new v5 features

- and adding in all the existing features

- it's an amazing DAW, with an incredible spec.

I feel really good about this :)

I'm buying as soon as the first bug fix is released.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Now that Presonus has acquired the knowledge for integrating into a clip launching environment with Ableton Live... can we expect to see a clip launcher in version 5.1 or 5.5 of Studio One?

Perhaps further development on the Show Page to integrate looping, sequencing and clip launching type enhancements...

fuzzlightyear wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pmNow that Presonus has acquired the knowledge for integrating into a clip launching environment with Ableton Live... can we expect to see a clip launcher in version 5.1 or 5.5 of Studio One?
Those things are completely unrelated though. They just link via script a button / knob / touchstrip actions on the Atom SQ side to relevant events exposed by Live's controler API.

It's like saying you know how to build a car because you know how to use the driving wheel ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

fuzzlightyear wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:37 pm Perhaps further development on the Show Page to integrate looping, sequencing and clip launching type enhancements...
No, not really because:
1) Show page has a linear timeline at the top, as opposed to session / clip launcher views where there's no timeline at all.
2) The 'slots' there do basically what Selector containers do in Bitwig (or Racks in Ableton with a lot more tweaking required) - they swap instruments, patches and FX chains on the fly.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:49 pm
fuzzlightyear wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:37 pm Perhaps further development on the Show Page to integrate looping, sequencing and clip launching type enhancements...
No, not really because:
1) Show page has a linear timeline at the top, as opposed to session / clip launcher views where there's no timeline at all.
2) The 'slots' there do basically what Selector containers do in Bitwig (or Racks in Ableton with a lot more tweaking required) - they swap instruments, patches and FX chains on the fly.
Gregor from Presonus software did mention that they were trying to nail down the stability first before tackling things like more interactive launching and hopefully a more robust layout engine in show page. Right now nothing touches MainStage in-terms of how customizable concert pages can be. I'd imagine a mix between MainStage and Ableton would be something really special if they can pull it off properly.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:49 pm
No, not really because:
There's always a version one, you've got to start somewhere... reworking it just takes an incremental version or two. :)

Or perhaps a performance page to go with the show page, but that doesn't make much sense...

Does anyone know of this site? I've never heard of them before. Has anyone purchased through them? Also, are there any other sites that are offering a discount on the upgrade to V5?

Best Service - Studio One 5 Professional Upgrades

Thanks
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

dlt123 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 pm Does anyone know of this site? I've never heard of them before. Has anyone purchased through them? Also, are there any other sites that are offering a discount on the upgrade to V5?

Best Service - Studio One 5 Professional Upgrades

Thanks
Legit site. Very popular reseller.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”