Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Spent most of today with 5, I think all of the features are useful and worthwhile other than the ‘show’ stuff which is a total waster of space for me...I think they have misjudged this aspect, It just doesn’t add anything useful. I don’t remember anyone ever asking for the DAW to be easier to use live in stage....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:16 pm
firepile wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ?
50% off.
I am not sure it was 50% off just a few months after release, it was the year after release from memory...
I bought v4 at half price on Black Friday 2018. I believe v4 was released in May 2018.

mdstudio wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 am
mamakin88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:47 am I have Studio One Pro 5 License for sale for 120$ if anyone interested. Come with:
- Melodyne Essential (100$ value)
- Bunch of Free plugin
- An Artist version as well
Sounds good, but how are you selling it already? It came out today.
And he just joined KVR the same day. See his profile.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:33 pm Spent most of today with 5, I think all of the features are useful and worthwhile other than the ‘show’ stuff which is a total waster of space for me...I think they have misjudged this aspect, It just doesn’t add anything useful. I don’t remember anyone ever asking for the DAW to be easier to use live in stage....
MainStage exists and is quite popular so it must be a thing, especially with keyboard players etc. Obviously we've see Ableton Live used in a live situation a well for backing tracks etc. The market does exist.

Personally I like what Presonus has done with the Show page. It's easier to use and setup than MainStage and doesn't require some of the workarounds you have to deal with in Ableton for a more linear backing track type workflow. That being said something like MainStage is far more customizable.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pmEven without the code, the upgrade was a lot cheaper from JRR than directly from PreSonus. Just over $130 once added to the cart, IIRC.
95% of the time they just add the code automatically, which is indicated by a information below the added item.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Ok, this thing is driving me mad - that Channel Editor button seems to be 1-2px off the axis... :x :tantrum: :bang:

It's perfectly aligned in v4.6 :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:04 pm Ok, this thing is driving me mad - that Channel Editor button seems to be 1-2px off the axis... :x :tantrum: :bang:

It's perfectly aligned in v4.6 :(

LOL. Now I can't unsee it.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:21 pm LOL. Now I can't unsee it.
Sorry :(

I only noticed it because I took the same screenshot in v4.6 and v5 (because it seems clip labels are harder to read in v5 due to higher opacity?) and the buttons started to 'dance' while I was flicking between the screenshots :D :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

k00k wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:09 pm I purchased after April 1, so I'm debating between v5 and Sphere for a year. Anyone else in the same boat, what are you doing?
Do you like Studio One? Will you continue using it as a DAW? I'd think it's an absolute no-brainer to get the free update to S1 v5 and completely ignore Shere. Think of it this way: Sphere just gets you add-on content for 1 year, and Notion (which you may not need with basic scoring in S1 v5). I avoid DAW add-on content like the plague because you can't take that stuff with you easily when you transfer DAW's, which you may decide to do some day. So I'd get the lifetime license for v5 myself.

macmuse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:39 pm
mamakin88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:47 am I have Studio One Pro 5 License for sale for 120$ if anyone interested. Come with:
- Bunch of Free plugin
Is any problem with joining today?

mamakin88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:38 pm
macmuse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:39 pm
- Bunch of Free plugin
Is any problem with joining today?
Sure, it's difficult to verify your identity and how serious of a user you are going by your post history. Isn't that obvious?
Music tech enthusiast

mamakin88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:38 pm Is any problem with joining today?
When a complete stranger offers to sell you something at a small discount, it could be a deal, or it could be a scam. The smaller the discount, and the less you know the person, the less likely you may be to take the risk. People have registered here in the past to sell fraudulent licenses, and the "hey, I just registered today and I have something to sell you" method has been used for scams here in the past.

So don't take personally, just understand that's how people can perceive it and what they'd be worried about. You may be totally legit and have a legit license for sale, but you've also set off some red flags for the reasons stated above.

Come on, I totally get it but you get protection by Paypal, right? Pls take some time to read my post before making the judgement: The license comes with my presonus hardware, hence the low price.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:45 pm
mamakin88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:38 pm Is any problem with joining today?
When a complete stranger offers to sell you something at a small discount, it could be a deal, or it could be a scam. The smaller the discount, and the less you know the person, the less likely you may be to take the risk. People have registered here in the past to sell fraudulent licenses, and the "hey, I just registered today and I have something to sell you" method has been used for scams here in the past.

So don't take personally, just understand that's how people can perceive it and what they'd be worried about. You may be totally legit and have a legit license for sale, but you've also set off some red flags for the reasons stated above.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:33 pm Spent most of today with 5, I think all of the features are useful and worthwhile other than the ‘show’ stuff which is a total waster of space for me...I think they have misjudged this aspect, It just doesn’t add anything useful. I don’t remember anyone ever asking for the DAW to be easier to use live in stage....
Yeah that effort could be used for capture midi, more color options, better stretch algos (current ones are horrible, no slicing stretch mode ala logic etc), more piano roll features, midi fx etc :D

This DAW is awesome with a workflow dream with very unique features but still lacks the Cubase or Logic competence but getting there.

I can only agree, maybe someone can find a use for the 'Show' feature and speak up for it, but I really cant see the point...this is 'Studio' one after all!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”