Spectral Audio Editor(s)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just played around with my Iris 2 once again and thought

"wouldn´t it be good to have an Audio Editor which allows to make a Selection in the Spectrogram and export it as a .wav?"

Any Suggestions?

spear ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Acon's Acoustica, Steinberg's Spectralayers, Steinberg's Wavelab, Adobe's Audition. There's probably a lot more but those are some of the main ones.

It's not really a direct select and export, more select, paste to new and export. but it's not that much more work.

nathanj wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 pm Acon's Acoustica, Steinberg's Spectralayers, Steinberg's Wavelab, Adobe's Audition. There's probably a lot more but those are some of the main ones.

It's not really a direct select and export, more select, paste to new and export. but it's not that much more work.
... and iZotope RX and Magix SpectraLayers. Didn´t know yet that Acoustica can do that, too.

We have the usual Suspects now...

How about their Workflows? Anyone here who practices that?

And can Reaper manage that? https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... ing-reaper

I hope there are some more Options. I won´t spend 200+ just to sperate Harmonics ... ;-)

If you want free you should check out Spear. Been like 10 years since I looked at it but it was pretty competent at that time.

Photosounder maybe?

rj0 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:36 am Photosounder maybe?
Quote from the Website: "Sept. 22, 2018 SPEAR is still alive!"

But THX, I´ll take a Look. It´s just about that certain Task ...

Or you could use spectral plugins to do the same job
Amazon: why not use an alternative

rj0 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:36 am Photosounder maybe?
:wheee:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:59 am Or you could use spectral plugins to do the same job
Iris2, load every single Sample, set the Frequencys, resample... That is the only Option I know yet - despite of SpectralLayers and other Editors.

OK Maybe MB-7 or Melda MBs, but that is no serious Solution for that Task.

Photosounder was 40 % off at plugin boutique a couple of days ago. Great fun, but you need to watch some tutorials to know what the hell you’re doing..

GRUMP wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:59 am Or you could use spectral plugins to do the same job
Iris2, load every single Sample, set the Frequencys, resample... That is the only Option I know yet - despite of SpectralLayers and other Editors.

Maybe explain the workflow youre looking for or the final outcome, or do you mainly want the visual selection?
What youve described can be done with plugins and automation.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 am
GRUMP wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am

Maybe explain the workflow youre looking for or the final outcome, or do you mainly want the visual selection?
What youve described can be done with plugins and automation.
As mentioned above. I Work with Samples. Multi Samples. And I'd like to split Thema into Frequency Bands resp. isolate FBs.

Quickly. I don't want to make Experiments and usually have 20+ Samples. "Exactness" mandatory!

^
So you need batch processing

GRUMP wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:42 pm Just played around with my Iris 2 once again and thought "wouldn´t it be good to have an Audio Editor which allows to make a Selection in the Spectrogram and export it as a .wav?"Any Suggestions?
Duh, record your Iris as multi wav files.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”