KVR: Name your new Plugin Format

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vertion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm
audiot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:36 pm Original statement from the thread:

"On August 1st, we will make it happen. We will release a new free and open community plugin format."

They already seem to have a marketing department that throws out unrealistic release dates :hihi: Someone show that to Urs ... he might be amused :D
Who is they? You are welcome to take the helm if you can get the project rolling, this is a community effort and all leadership is welcomed. Any contribution would be useful.
If you add a JavaScript or TypeScript compiler i'm in :tu: No C or C++ skills unfortunatly :(

kvr
Amazon: why not use an alternative

TSV

iTSV
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'd save my breath, as this won't happen anyway. Just like that other plugin by the OP, which was announced here, never happened. Don't remember what it was exactly. Something about sound generation by drawing a picture, or something. In the end, it was all just bla, bla, and more bla.

Edit: Oh wait, there were other great ideas as well.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=479007

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=479368

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=484869

KVR seems to attract certain types of people.

So, it's about plugins and music and hopefully would be a standard?
And should give a normal googlesearch result?

Hmm...tough one. :bang:

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 pm I'd save my breath, as this won't happen anyway. Just like that other plugin by the OP, which was announced here, never happened. Don't remember what it was exactly. Something about sound generation by drawing a picture, or something. In the end, it was all just bla, bla, and more bla.

Edit: Oh wait, there were other great ideas as well.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=479007

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=479368

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=484869
The road to success is paved with failure. Don't give up so easily chk071!
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

The road to failure is also paved with failure. :hihi:

Or simply with... bla.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 pm The road to failure is also paved with failure. :hihi:

Or simply with... bla.
I'm not sure what you mean. But any contribution to making this community project succeed would be useful and appreciated.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 pm The road to failure is also paved with failure. :hihi:
I dont have a signature, but this one really atracts me :hihi:

HRC
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 pm I'd save my breath, as this won't happen anyway. Just like that other plugin by the OP, which was announced here, never happened.
I thought this new plugin format sounded a little like someone dreaming out loud. Your links have jogged my memory.

So someone creates a new plugin format then what ? We have to beg and/or wait for all the DAW/Host developers to adopt that format ?

While I support the concept of a unified open source plugin format, I just don't know how practical or possible it would be to implement.

Having a dreamer in the lead certainly doesn't give one much confidence. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 pm I'd save my breath, as this won't happen anyway. Just like that other plugin by the OP, which was announced here, never happened.
I thought this new plugin format sounded a little like someone dreaming out loud. Your links have jogged my memory.

So someone creates a new plugin format then what ? We have to beg and/or wait for all the DAW/Host developers to adopt that format ?

While I support the concept of a unified open source plugin format, I just don't know how practical or possible it would be to implement.

Having a dreamer in the lead certainly doesn't give one much confidence. :shrug:
You are welcome to take the lead. Otherwise, I'll do the best I can. A fixed sign would be ideal. All I am doing is what no one else is, and the want for a free open standard already exists for many developers, I'm just taking the first step. I am a dreamer in many ways, but also an actualizer. My role is mainly just to guide and cheer what is already been there in our community. Your discussion about direction in the development thread is welcomed. If you know what needs to be done to make this succeed for the benefit of our community, I would happily step down to allow you to do so. Any contribution towards success is welcomed.

NML - Needs more laserlight

Vertion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:40 pm but also an actualizer.
What have you actualized in the past ?

I'd be the worst person to lead the project but then I know I'd be the worst so..... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”