Help, Excalibur 32 bit installer (pc, vst) anyone?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 pm
enduser282 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:48 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:33 pm I am curious. When did you purchase it?
And do you remember which versions specifically you are looking for? I might have some older versions, but can't quite remember when they stopped doing 32 bit.
rsp
Thanks for you interest, i bought it in last month's promo for 10 euros which is a very sweet deal. I use both 64 & 32-bit but i'd like to have the 32-bit version as well, it's quite old now v1 definitely has 32bit vst but i'm not sure about later versions as i say above, v2 may have as well, v3 chances are slim but would worth a try i guess?

Any version can be checked by running the installer (64bit OS doesn't matter) and see what vst options are there, then just cancel.
Ahh which explains why izotope didn't feel they needed to provide a 32 bit version for you, and you wouldn't have had one in your archive.
Give me a few days to look for some old backup dvd's.
You should know though, that you will have to do some maneuvering to get both 32 and 64 bit installed. The newer EA installs removed the 32 bit versions I believe, whilst installing the 64 bit version.
rsp
Thank you very much!

Actually that's the reason i'm looking for a 32bit installer before sticking to the 64bit version 5 and move on...

I have to say though it's not about me, they either keep it or not.

As said above they keep Trash v1 and Spectron downloads which as a matter of fact they 're 32bit only, but in the EA merge there is this issue.
Plus i knew beforehand that all EA products atm are 64bit and that excalibur in particular was once both 32&bit, izotope & others usually keep their latest 32bit installers but... shit happens.

Remember though that they bought EA, and they bought it after the 32 bit was no longer compiled, so they may never have had the 32 bit installers. Michael would, and probably still has.
Will check in a few days if you don't find it before then. I moved a few months ago and DVD's are in boxes everywhere :)
rsp
sound sculptist

You could also try to email Michael. He's been very helpful the one time I contacted him. Dunno his email though, unfortunately.

Cheers guys no worries, if you bump into Michael ask him kindly if he can send the legacy installers over to Izotope! :D

I will see if the email address I have for him still works and if it does direct him to ur request.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I swore I sent a response to this but I dnt see it.
I got Michael but he doesn't have it anymore.

I just found a 2.16.... PC studio is shut off for the day but if you pm me your email I can wetransfer.com it to you, and you can download and check if that has the 32 bit. (my mac won't tell me)

The manual with this version does say 32 bit so I am hopeful.
rsp
sound sculptist

Bummer, no 32-bit in there but thanks anyway. Although it says in the release notes VST 64bit & VST3(32/64bit) it's a mistake, it has AAX 32 bit tho... what the...

Yikes. sorry...
I was so hopeful.

What is mighty odd is the release notes don't mention 32 bit being taken away.
rsp
sound sculptist

Sorry.
I found a 2.15 but that is dated July 2017 and according to this article, https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... ee-updates
32 bit ended in 2016.
Sorry.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yea thanks a bunch, what can i say v2 sounded promising.

In general however we 're looking for installers from 2016, come on that's quite recent , relatively, wow... wtf Izotope/EA! That's lame.

:tantrum:

I suspect and that is just me guessing.......They can't provide support for you if they give you the 32 bit version.
Yes and you may one of the customers who understand what no support means. But I am sure not everyone understands that, so they probably have a policy that they wouldn't give out much older versions of it.
rsp
sound sculptist

It's been developed/updated since 2010 so it's not like a beta or anything like that, it should run fine, and it would be weird to discard that work completely, only , it's not theirs, they just bought it wrote in the GUI "we 're hot shots company" , mark it as v5 and sell it anew.

It's bad after sales support/PR no matter how you put it. :ud:

we will agree to disagree on that :)..

If I do find an older one I will let you know, but I doubt that I will at this stage alas.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

You disagree about me being dissatisfied?
Do you even know any details about my support ticket in order to have an opinion?
: )

Wanna be pedantic? fine:
If they can't provide support anymore (what kind of support , nobody asked that, bugs? read above ~6 years of updates should be fine up to 2016 super good, new features for discontinued versions? totally vague assumption), there's a workaround for that without needing to recompile anything to update the EULA, like i could be using the AAX 32-bit right now and that would be fine... ; ) because i found it in a web forum.

A support ticket is not public domain, i can agree to their terms if any and be given a legacy installer from... 2016, it's not a newspaper you threw away this is ridiculous...

Public/customer relations are not dictated by laws and contracts for the most part, so you understand this is not a court of law to provide evidence from their webpage about requirements and such in order to prove right or wrong, nor is such the nature of this thread anyway. Actually the more you defend anyone the more you emphasize the importance of the matter and it wasn't my intention. Maybe every thread should include a poll to settle the score, idk is that "PC" enough?! :lol:

Or else they 're clueless/faceless i'm afraid, and i'll criticize them for that however i like provided i have free speech in this forum. Really simple.

Back to the topic, pls?!
Last edited by enduser282 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enduser282 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:48 pm ..............
Thanks for you interest, i bought it in last month's promo for 10 euros which is a very sweet deal. ..........
What I do know is you said you bought it last month.
Last month it was a 64 bit only product that was part of izotope product line, as clearly stated on their website.
I don't believe I need to know anything more.
That is the product you bought.... a product that worked only on 64bit plugin format as clearly indicated by their website.

So yes we will agree to disagree.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”