Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm
firepile wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Anybody remember what the Black Friday upgrade prices were ?
50% off.
Cheers, guess I'm waiting :tu:
You can get the upgrade now for 50% off ($75) if you qualify for the educational discount.
Last edited by tonedef71 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:54 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 pmEven without the code, the upgrade was a lot cheaper from JRR than directly from PreSonus. Just over $130 once added to the cart, IIRC.
95% of the time they just add the code automatically, which is indicated by a information below the added item.
JRR Shop sometimes adds a "GROUPBUY" coupon code for you, but the "GROUP" coupon code is still slightly better.

By the way, BestService.com has the Studio One 5 Pro upgrade for ~$128:

It looks like it dropped $0.40 since the last time I posted the screenshot. I bet the slight price drop is due to fluctuations in the currency exchange rate.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Vladislav_Gronk wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 am So did they fix the item overlapping yet? Or at least give the user the option to not have items overlapping?
Yes,
There is ''no overlap'' option now. I was waiting for it too :)

Do any stores sell Version 4 licenses for cheap now that Version 5 is out? Or are they required to sell only the latest version? If there are any stores that sell a discounted Version 4, any recommendations?

I'm more or less settled on buying Studio One, but 5 doesn't really add anything major that I would take advantage of, so I'd rather get 4 and then upgrade to 6 when the time comes. Unfortunately, I think my qualification for the Academic discount ended in March (and I think you have to buy the academic version in the country of your educational institution, but I don't think they sell an English language version here anyway).

let's see how long it takes presonus to pull down the best service discount lol... apparently they got to jrr and audiodeluxe. both had discounts to start with and immediately took them down after the release. of course this is speculation.. but common sense would dictate discounts such as this takes a bite out of possible revenue of sales on presonus site itself. people will simply buy elsewhere for the cheapest price and of course presonus gives those companies discount to sell bulk but probably are dictating not to pass along the discount on sales hence things like audiodeluxe's deluxe buck system as incentive from the company to buy from them at product full price instead.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 am let's see how long it takes presonus to pull down the best service discount lol... apparently they got to jrr and audiodeluxe. both had discounts to start with and immediately took them down after the release. of course this is speculation.. but common sense would dictate discounts such as this takes a bite out of possible revenue of sales on presonus site itself. people will simply buy elsewhere for the cheapest price and of course presonus gives those companies discount to sell bulk but probably are dictating not to pass along the discount on sales hence things like audiodeluxe's deluxe buck system as incentive from the company to buy from them at product full price instead.
I would have assumed the discounts come from the re-sellers margin. Most of the discounts are back up everywhere anyway, the re-sellers probably took them down- why offer discount when people are breaking the internet trying to buy it! (personally I got the 15% discount from audio deluxe)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anyone know how to make Track Colours Toolbar work with v5?

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=34475

For some reason I can't post anything on that forum. Is the dev who made it here?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

garywilliamson1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm
looking at the manual, it appears it is NOT possible on the project page. unless its not mentioned in the manual, dumb. if you use room correction software while mixing why wouldn't you use it mastering?
That's maybe not the primary use case. If all a person needs is room correction plugins that aren't in the render path you could already do that anywhere in Studio One with the channel splitter.

LawrenceF wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am
garywilliamson1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm
looking at the manual, it appears it is NOT possible on the project page. unless its not mentioned in the manual, dumb. if you use room correction software while mixing why wouldn't you use it mastering?
That's maybe not the primary use case. If all a person needs is room correction plugins that aren't in the render path you could already do that anywhere in Studio One with the channel splitter.
Are you by any chance the 'Lawrence' that made the Track Colour Toolbar? Check the post right above yours :)
Music tech enthusiast

Yeah. that's me.

LawrenceF wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am Yeah. that's me.
So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how? If not, are you planning to upgrade it for v5?

I'm surprised Presonus have not simply bought it from you and implemented it natively :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

mamakin88 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:19 am
Vladislav_Gronk wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 am So did they fix the item overlapping yet? Or at least give the user the option to not have items overlapping?
They did, there is a youtube video for the new features made by Presonus. Check it out.
ozinga wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:36 amYes,
There is ''no overlap'' option now. I was waiting for it too :)
Ok, very nice. That's the kind of features that makes me excited. :phones:

I buy a second hand license , is that eligible to upgrade to version 5 ?

Yes.

According to someone @ stu-1 forum , the showpage can not be used to control external gear over midi .
Is this correct ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”