Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am
LawrenceF wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am Yeah. that's me.
So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how? If not, are you planning to upgrade it for v5?

I'm surprised Presonus have not simply bought it from you and implemented it natively :dog:
+1
I was so sure they were going to do something about the colors in V5...

javierosr wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:41 am I buy a second hand license , is that eligible to upgrade to version 5 ?
Yes, but not for free obviously :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeah. No grace period for used licences, of course.

So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how? If not, are you planning to upgrade it for v5?
antic, I installed the trackcolors script into v5 and so far it seems to be working fine.
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

tremolounge wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:56 am
antic, I installed the trackcolors script into v5 and so far it seems to be working fine.
Oh, it does indeed! I thought it will be carried over from v4.6 like all the settings, keyboard shortcuts, etc. Thanks! :hug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Very interesting, some nice new stuff. I have the feeling Presonus brings more stuff than other DAWs for less time spent developing :)

So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how?
It works the same way as it does in v4. Put the *.package in the scripts folder.

Oh, I see now that you already did that.

While continuing to struggle gamely with my 4.6.2 install (tongue firmly in cheek, it's fine) I needed something to boost audio I'd recorded from my Boog Model D and I thought I'd try sticking it through an Aspire amp (MCM 800 with the 8x10 STV cab). I seem to have created a monster! What a lovely throbbing sound.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:09 am I would have assumed the discounts come from the re-sellers margin. Most of the discounts are back up everywhere anyway, the re-sellers probably took them down- why offer discount when people are breaking the internet trying to buy it! (personally I got the 15% discount from audio deluxe)
cool beans... the discounts ALWAYS came from the reseller's margin but many times the developer puts restrictions on things. hence why 'some' things are discounted while others are not. if it were up to just the reseller then they would give direct discounts to bring in sells and lower prices to combat competition. :) got to love free market competition.. well most of us love it lol

just a note... if not mistaken i did state this was my speculations... which was primarily based on conversations i have had in the past with some resellers. cheers and glad you got a discount :tu:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

when did you get your 15% discount slic? just popped onto audiodeluxe site after reading your comment and in fact it is NOT discounted. :? it is full price with $14.99 deluxe bucks as incentive. at time of initial release it was down to i think $126 or so... no deluxe buck thing. then it was pulled and posted to $149 with the deluxe buck incentive.

also from my reading jrr allowed the 'group' code for discount on initial release then stopped it which reinforces my original speculation :? so if folks can get from best service for a discount i would grab it if you are a mind to purchase because it may eventually get bumped up to retail.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:24 am If I am not mistaken, most of the last few Studio One updates were almost immediately followed by FL Studio updates. Did anyone else ever notice that coincidence? Since Studio 5 is a major release, I wonder if FL Studio 21 will be released in the near future.
BTW, first impression when I looked up Atom SQ was it looks like Akai Fire.

you know they all take cues from each other... nature of the beast :) gotta keep up with the Joneses

Could someone please point me to the differences between Studio One 5 Artist and Professional?

Never thought about using a second DAW and I am very happy with FL Studio, but S1 5 Artist at $84 for VST support and unlimited tracks seems interesting to try out someday.

Thank you. :tu:

MadDogE134 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 pm when did you get your 15% discount slic? just popped onto audiodeluxe site after reading your comment and in fact it is NOT discounted. :? it is full price with $14.99 deluxe bucks as incentive. at time of initial release it was down to i think $126 or so... no deluxe buck thing. then it was pulled and posted to $149 with the deluxe buck incentive.

also from my reading jrr allowed the 'group' code for discount on initial release then stopped it which reinforces my original speculation :? so if folks can get from best service for a discount i would grab it if you are a mind to purchase because it may eventually get bumped up to retail.
$128.03 at Best Service.
https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_ ... rades.html

I was lucky, I got in at JRR before it went down for $126 or something.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 am
MadDogE134 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 pm when did you get your 15% discount slic? just popped onto audiodeluxe site after reading your comment and in fact it is NOT discounted. :? it is full price with $14.99 deluxe bucks as incentive. at time of initial release it was down to i think $126 or so... no deluxe buck thing. then it was pulled and posted to $149 with the deluxe buck incentive.

$128.03 at Best Service.
https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_ ... rades.html

I was lucky, I got in at JRR before it went down for $126 or something.
I'm beginning the suspect the "GROUP' discount put Studio One 5 below cost and likely put JRR Shop out of business. Losing money on every sale but making up for it in volume, and all that.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”