KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On YouTube everyone seems to be pronouncing the K, including on the Plugin Alliance channel, Plugin Guru and Sonic Academy. Since it's a finish synthesizer, I'm going to go ahead and pronounce the K.

A pronounced K is a reverence towards its delicate attack.

It's most definitely "Knifonium", not "Nifonium". Just like us Germans, the Finns pronounce the K.

Anyway, I don't think any native English speaker will be tarred and feathered for not pronouncing the K. ;) Although they seem to pronounce it "Kanifonium", which isn't correct either.

When the synth's pronunciation is more interesting than the synth itself, that tells you something.

(I kid! I kid! :hihi:)
A well-behaved signature.

$24 here so what to complain? :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:13 pm $24 here so what to complain? :D
Nothing, except I can dream of that price now :(

dermage wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:49 am
Vortifex wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 am The spread function does really weird things to the sound when you listen in mono that seem to go beyond normal mono compatibility issues.
Yeah, I really don't understand why and how they implemented this spread knob. It just looks like a show off to get the WOW effect on headphones/studio speakers.
They already did that in bx_oberhausen and it was mostly unusable for me because of the bad mono compatibility.
I love that function, exactly because of the weirdness it produces in a mono render. Weird phase issues, which, in my genre, are very welcome :D

gondii wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:33 am On YouTube everyone seems to be pronouncing the K, including on the Plugin Alliance channel, Plugin Guru and Sonic Academy. Since it's a finish synthesizer, I'm going to go ahead and pronounce the K.
I'm pretty sure they are copying each other's error, uncertain of how to properly pronounce it. A pronunciation error now defended so as not to appear foolish.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

The issue I have is the high CPU use, and the dry sound. I get more pleasing (to my ears) raw sound with init patch Obsession, provided that I do quick "randomization" to the 8 or 16 voices. I can't get that same quick goodness with Knifonium, I have to apply a little bit of "fine tune" to either of the oscilators. But at that point I have to ask, are they even emulating those 25 tubes? This thing sounds a bit too much in-tune for something marketing itself to have 25 tubes, and the sounds I get from it are a bit too treble happy/sparkly for my taste (almost like a V-shape). It's just too harsh sounding.

I could forgive most of these stuff if the CPU usage was much lower, but it isn't so I can't.

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:56 pm The issue I have is the high CPU use, and the dry sound. I get more pleasing (to my ears) raw sound with init patch Obsession, provided that I do quick "randomization" to the 8 or 16 voices. I can't get that same quick goodness with Knifonium, I have to apply a little bit of "fine tune" to either of the oscilators. But at that point I have to ask, are they even emulating those 25 tubes? This thing sounds a bit too much in-tune for something marketing itself to have 25 tubes, and the sounds I get from it are a bit too treble happy/sparkly for my taste (almost like a V-shape). It's just too harsh sounding.

I could forgive most of these stuff if the CPU usage was much lower, but it isn't so I can't.
It alswas surprises me again how completely contrary impressions can be.

Vertion wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 pm
gondii wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:33 am On YouTube everyone seems to be pronouncing the K, including on the Plugin Alliance channel, Plugin Guru and Sonic Academy. Since it's a finish synthesizer, I'm going to go ahead and pronounce the K.
I'm pretty sure they are copying each other's error, uncertain of how to properly pronounce it. A pronunciation error now defended so as not to appear foolish.
Well, it's most definitely pronounced with a K, so, that's that.

Vertion wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 pm
So in your world there is only English and no other languages? :dog:

actually, if i hear correctly, the official PA pronounciation is "kinn-A-phonium" :D

https://youtu.be/tjT4vwlYKDM?t=18

(official PA vidoe that is...)

but since dirk ulrich is german i over-interpret it and think
correctly it should be "kiffer-phonium" :party:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiffen

:D

muki wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:38 pm actually, if i hear correctly, the official PA pronounciation is "kinn-A-phonium" :D
But only because the native English speakers can't spell "KN" properly. :P

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... 20&bih=937

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:39 pm But only because the native English speakers can't spell "KN" properly. :P
:tu:

ich sags ja: kiffer-phonium (und gut is...)

Return to “Instruments”