Song. Start to finish. What's most important?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm To finish it.
How do people do it? :?
By not spending 6 months tweaking hihat spectral balance 8)

Casey Neistat (cool YouTuber) says that when making a movie you can have not the best light, or camera work, or set design or editing etc. as long as you have a GREAT story, because that's the only unfixable thing.
I think the same principle applies to music: a great song starts in its composition core. You can have the best sound design and the best plugins, the highest quality recordings done with the best gear, the best mix and master and yet, a bland song or a bad song will always be bland and bad.
SO MANY TIMES I've heard extremely amateur work on Soundcloud clearly done by bedroom producers still geting the hang of it that at the same time is some of the most inspiring and innovative electronic music out there. :')

oatmealcookies wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:19 pm Casey Neistat (cool YouTuber) says that when making a movie you can have not the best light, or camera work, or set design or editing etc. as long as you have a GREAT story, because that's the only unfixable thing.
I think the same principle applies to music: a great song starts in its composition core. You can have the best sound design and the best plugins, the highest quality recordings done with the best gear, the best mix and master and yet, a bland song or a bad song will always be bland and bad.
SO MANY TIMES I've heard extremely amateur work on Soundcloud clearly done by bedroom producers still geting the hang of it that at the same time is some of the most inspiring and innovative electronic music out there. :')
Good answer 8)

oatmealcookies wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:19 pm Casey Neistat (cool YouTuber) says that when making a movie you can have not the best light, or camera work, or set design or editing etc. as long as you have a GREAT story, because that's the only unfixable thing.
This is both a statement of what's wrong with modern music and an indication of the way forward.
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”