Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

a yellow Q would go so well with the G2 Engine's red
heh

-I'll pick up Largo at some point, maybe I should load the old PPG vst

fmr wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:49 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm The majority of peope simply don't care and /or don't know , but Roland should stop using the words 'accurate modelling ' in their promo blurb
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with that. Roland has a long history trying to persuade people about the "accuracy" of some of its models that aren't "that accurate" after all. :hihi:

I tyhought they had stop that with the ACB thing, but it seems they got back to some old habits :shrug:
The ACB in the TR-8S really does capture several drum machines really well, even the TR-606!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmP_m3KBlo
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

What tr 606 ?? You are showing a video of a tr707 which is sample based
The tr707 in the tr8-s are just loaded samples , unless they are circuit modelling the samples :lol:

Like I wrote earlier , some people just don't have a clue :party: at all
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Anyways, I think they did a good job on ACB.

As for the other technologies, ABM and Zen-core, they were developed in a vision to provide greater polyphony towards workstations. I guess something has to give. And I'm hearing good responses on the Jupiter X ABM models (not for being an exact emulation, which they are not, but for capturing the essence of the vintage instruments).

As for the MC-707, it has multiple routing options, 4 audio in's and a sampler, so you can easily mix the zen-core sounds with real analog gear. That's a powerfull combo. As for ABM coming to the MC-707, the first response I got from Roland keeps the door open towards that possibility.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 am What tr 606 ?? You are showing a video of a tr707 which is sample based
The tr707 in the tr8-s are just loaded samples , unless they are circuit modelling the samples :lol:

606 is compared too by the same guy. 707 is sample based yes, but not 909 except some cymbals. The ACB is more than just PCM playback.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 am What tr 606 ?? You are showing a video of a tr707 which is sample based

The ACB is more than just PCM playback.
Dude I’m aware of that ..acb stands for analogue circuit behaviour , so pcm samples will only be found in the tr707 / 909 cymbal etc ... emu’s
My point was that showing a 707 emu has nothing to do with acb
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 amLike I wrote earlier , some people just don't have a clue :party: at all
C'mon... Considering how clear Roland's made everything? I'm not sure it's appropriate to put too much blame on end users if they fail to follow along when Roland mix their technologies. Sampled? Modelled? Shaped parameter engines? What? You failed to note the appropriate three letter acronym Roland provides?! You don't know your ACB from your ABM? That's like not knowing your bum from your mum!

Some might even assume they'd tried to obfuscate what Zen Core actually was etc! It's added to confusion since some of the limitations don't make any sense.. EG The inability to cover some aspects, of analogue synths, could maybe be expected (even if not understood) in an approach which is supposed to use less CPU. But not covering features of other romplers, like the 5080? Eh? What's that about?

I assume they'll eventually expand some features / capabilities of Zen Core, but I'm more interested in whether they intended to continue releasing new products which use an ACB approach.. EG Will we ever see a "proper" plugin version of the JX8P? Or is the Zen Core version all we can ever expect? Will they ever bother to release stuff like the Juno 60 (already done on JU-06A) as plugins? Will they even bother to continue supporting their original plugins by porting them to "Apple Silicon" or is it the end of the line?

There's also some major irony in Roland's timing. They switched to more simplified approaches so they could increase polyphony on their hardware whilst still using low cost DSP's in high priced products. Meanwhile, thanks to AMD, the power available on the desktop computer market has exploded, and it's quite likely my next CPU will have more than 20 physical cores. I don't know about you, but a 65,000 note polyphony Roland rompler is not high on my list of requirements to make good use of that additional CPU power.. :)

I have a question. I cancelled my Roland Cloud subscription but now I can't seem to get my owned plugins to authorize. Anyone have an idea?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 pm I have a question. I cancelled my Roland Cloud subscription but now I can't seem to get my owned plugins to authorize. Anyone have an idea?
How long ago? If it's been months then you should have had emails about the account switching servers and how to go about switching your registration and activating it on the new servers.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

JUNO-106 Trial available via Roland Cloud.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm trying the Juno-106 plugin. However, unlike Zenology, the 106 plugin seems to have no scaling option.

edited: I found it!

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 am I'm trying the Juno-106 plugin. However, unlike Zenology, the 106 plugin seems to have no scaling option.

It's in the Option menu, of course (not to be confused with the Setting menu) — same place you go to scale the original hardware. They really did model everything!
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:23 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 am I'm trying the Juno-106 plugin. However, unlike Zenology, the 106 plugin seems to have no scaling option.

It's in the Option menu, of course (not to be confused with the Setting menu) — same place you go to scale the original hardware. They really did model everything!
I couldn't initially see the option button because everything looked so small :) Anyway, I like it a lot.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:51 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 pm I have a question. I cancelled my Roland Cloud subscription but now I can't seem to get my owned plugins to authorize. Anyone have an idea?
How long ago? If it's been months then you should have had emails about the account switching servers and how to go about switching your registration and activating it on the new servers.
Yeah, I got those and did all that and continued to subscribe for months. Everything worked fine. Then I decided after the 50th RCN Manager issue that I was done with paying for a service that I seemed to need to tend to more than I actually used the plugins. I see the two plugins in my account, but there’s nothing to click on. Logging into my account works, but when I use that email and password to try and authorize it, I just get an error.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I don't know how the old system worked but any purhase I've made this year via the Roland Cloud software is authorized and installed via the Roland Cloud software. Maybe I don't understand your issue but ... how about downloading and installing Roland Cloud, logging into it and authorizing and installing from it? Anything you own a license for should show up in the Roland Cloud software installed on your computer. Seems logical.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”