Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey hey, @thelizard.

any chance of adding a notch filter to lion/byome/triad, please? Also would be great if the comb filter had the quantize to scale option of the oscillators and granulator...

thank you oh merciful lizard. :-)

euanek wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:02 pm hey hey, @thelizard.

any chance of adding a notch filter to lion/byome/triad, please? Also would be great if the comb filter had the quantize to scale option of the oscillators and granulator...

thank you oh merciful lizard. :-)
closest you can ge to notch is to select a bandpass filter and click on the INVERT button.

the Comb filter can be set to quantized mode where it'll quantize to specific note values and if you set it up right it'll track notes you input via midi etc. a bunch of the presets use it this way.

ah yes both good tips, thanks! ill investigate how to get the comb filter to track...but i love how the granulator and oscillators will quantize to different scales and intervals. lots of fun to modulate the osc to the fifth and the octave

wow! updated yesterday. What have you done to the soundengine? is it just my progress that it sounds so great now or did you tweak a lot under the hood??
one thing come to my mind when writing this - is there a way to alter sounds by the speed they are played? so like a hz or rate regulator with what you can (as an example) dampen or pitch the sound. Like velocity but in the way the notes are played. so if you play long notes, you got a long sustain, if you play short notes you could shorten the sustain or damp them, pitch them...

i´m not sure, if this makes sence, as you could do it with velocity, but maybe it´s an idea... who knows. :D

Envelopes? Ain't they made for exactly this?...

yes but i thought if there could be a way without having to automate. but mostly do this with velocity.

You long for an expressive controller like LinnStrument or Seaboard. Lion supports MPE...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:00 am You long for an expressive controller like LinnStrument or Seaboard. Lion supports MPE...
and wow that works.... it was already a great synth, but with a MPE controller (2..)...

Feature request: bigger sequencer with some kind of value/note read out.

I have no idea what values I am selecting. Zeroing it out seems to be problematic too. As it is I don’t use a Lion for sequencing because it’s too hard to work with.

Without undo/redo function this synth is incomplete. With all those randomization options it is so easy to lose your settings. I´ve lost countless good patches because I´ve accidentally randomized a parameter without saving the preset. Could you please implement that?

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:13 pm Without undo/redo function this synth is incomplete. With all those randomization options it is so easy to lose your settings. I´ve lost countless good patches because I´ve accidentally randomized a parameter without saving the preset. Could you please implement that?
me thinks a good idea, it never happened to me, luckily, but an undo/redo function, sometimes i make a mistake (although when i build presets, i save the versions, has the advantage to make from earlier versions multiple presets..).
but i guess, this thread isn't read that much by UA anymore. contact PA, support. they eventually, they have automated response, i am paraphrasing; make a video or something, for reproducing etc.
which sometimes or most of the times does not make sense.
but if you answer to that response it is forwarded to UA.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:13 pm Without undo/redo function this synth is incomplete. With all those randomization options it is so easy to lose your settings. I´ve lost countless good patches because I´ve accidentally randomized a parameter without saving the preset. Could you please implement that?
+1

hint:
i actually quite like artutria pigment's history...

Is there anyway of getting the sequencers to be faster than 1/16? Can you apply another mod in a way that increases the speed?

I am trying to just create a simple gated effect, so applying either the gate or step sequencer to an adsr then to the Mix Utility gain. 1/16 would be enough apart from the fact that placing dots next to each other seems to stop it working completely. So if I have 2 steps, each filled, frequency at 1/16th then it doesn't appear to be able to cope and doesn't trigger the adsr at all.

Double your BPM...

I'm guessing that's a no from you then

Return to “Instruments”