KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back on topic a bit, but I’m able to run pretty much all the latest greatest software instruments... but every time I try for a modest amount of polyphony, this thing brings my i7 to its knees (nees?). I’m also getting some crazy artifacts. I’ve more or less given up on this one, unless I’m doing something wrong... I couldn’t even find where to set the voice count.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:15 am Back on topic a bit, but I’m able to run pretty much all the latest greatest software instruments... but every time I try for a modest amount of polyphony, this thing brings my i7 to its knees (nees?). I’m also getting some crazy artifacts. I’ve more or less given up on this one, unless I’m doing something wrong... I couldn’t even find where to set the voice count.
I currently have an i5 from late 2015, focusrite asio drivers at 128spls.
CPU is not too high (around 10%) on their poly presets but there are indeed very frequent artifacts and crackles.
The OB-Xa V demo goes easily above that on my system, but no artifacts.

And consider this was supposed to come out with 16x polyphony, but eventually ended up with 8 max.
They had it scheduled for release in june and I would really guess they're going to fix this as soon as they can.

Besides that, not being MPE compatible, I'm currently not too interested in using it polyphonically... and unison without voice-detune and stereo-spread controls is useless to me (the osc/filter spread in this one and oberhausen is not quite the same).
I like to think it's an interesting enough design to use monophonically similar to the hardware unit, whenever I'll be able to get it below $100 (right now for me it's above $150 with taxes, even with the $25 voucher).

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:15 am I’ve more or less given up on this one, unless I’m doing something wrong... I couldn’t even find where to set the voice count.
Voice setting is on the "Opt" page in the advanced settings. Advanced settings are opened with a symbol at the upper left of the GUI, the symbol right of the GUI size selection.

FWIW i had deinstalled the trial version but the trial license will still work for around 10 days.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I always assumed it was pronounced knife-onium, like a kitchen knife. :shrug:

Really though, it is worth getting your panties in a bunch over?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:24 pm I always assumed it was pronounced knife-onium, like a kitchen knife. :shrug:

Yes, goddammit! Yes it motherfucking is!!!!! :x
A well-behaved signature.

f**king right :band:

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:02 pm
Ben H wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:24 pm I always assumed it was pronounced knife-onium, like a kitchen knife. :shrug:

Well fine then. But you're going to have to pick them out from your OWN crack!!!!! :scared:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Well fine then. But you're going to have to pick them out from your OWN crack!!!!! :scared:
no crack talk :x

also say knifonium properly, you might get banned otherwise :scared:

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:49 pm
Ben H wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

no crack talk :x

also say knifonium properly, you might get banned otherwise :scared:
+1
A well-behaved signature.

Ben H wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm you're going to have to pick them out from your OWN cack!!!!! :scared:
Strange turn of this thread... :o

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:06 am
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 am
AnX wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:16 am Americans don't speak in an English accent
or in the english language quite often.
its close but not quite.

i mean, cmon, aloominum. piss off.
I keep meaning to schedule some time to learn the proper pronunciation, but I can’t say that right either. :shrug:
I got busted once for saying "shedule." To much BBC for me... :ud:

Oddly, when I first read it, I pronounced the K in Knifonium. I also rhymed it with Aluminium. :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

aloominum

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:58 pmaloominum
:x :x :x

oh, and...
its "maths".
theres more than one :x

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:09 pm oh, and...
its "maths".
theres more than one :x
yeah, that makes my ball bag squirm, but tbf, it is short for mathematics :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”