RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Does anybody have occasional digital artifacts during note attack-release time? Maybe it's oscillator characteristic, maybe it's my system, trying to figure it out.

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am Does anybody have occasional digital artifacts during note attack-release time? Maybe it's oscillator characteristic, maybe it's my system, trying to figure it out.
You have an audio example? I can't remember hearing artifact while using Rapid (Windows, x64)

I can imagine that you hear a note being cutoff by a new note. That can result in a 'tick' sound. Especially when using "soft" sounds, like a sinewave

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am
Dombaeb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am Does anybody have occasional digital artifacts during note attack-release time? Maybe it's oscillator characteristic, maybe it's my system, trying to figure it out.
You have an audio example? I can't remember hearing artifact while using Rapid (Windows, x64)

I can imagine that you hear a note being cutoff by a new note. That can result in a 'tick' sound. Especially when using "soft" sounds, like a sinewave
I tried to catch these artifacts but it looks like you're right. In lower octaves, overlaps sounds extremely pronounced but it's "feature", not "bug". Thank you!

P.S. Damn, how full and powerful Rapid sounds, really.

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am
exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

I tried to catch these artifacts but it looks like you're right. In lower octaves, overlaps sounds extremely pronounced but it's "feature", not "bug". Thank you!

P.S. Damn, how full and powerful Rapid sounds, really.
It is a lovely synth. My go to for quite some time

delete

What type of copy protection Rapid has? In some posts it is mentioned to have same as Avenger... So does this men the Rapid's license needs to be re-activated every 90days? And do I need some extra software for this

Tannaliini wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 am What type of copy protection Rapid has? In some posts it is mentioned to have same as Avenger... So does this men the Rapid's license needs to be re-activated every 90days? And do I need some extra software for this
By far not the same as the current Avenger. Maybe similar to the one Avenger had earlier, before the they went to Codemeter.
But Rapid simply activates with a serial (or downloaded key file). I guess they have some kind of online C/R once you install/activate it using your serial, then a key file is stored locally. But then It's activated forever, unless you change something in the system. Happened to me once that I had to reactivate the Factory content. But this may also have been a bug.

Also Rapid is essentially bug free, not as Avenger, which I also own but do not use anymore because of the countless problems I had.

You can see how activation works in the manual on page 10:
https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... Manual.pdf

Also Rapid is allowed to be activated on as many personal computers you own yourself. Unlike Avenger which is only 3, but with Code Meter I think that got a bit more complicated, since you have to move activations.
With Rapid you once activate on all your computers and you are done.

Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
Andy is a support ninja.

First you'll get a serial for activation and then you'll get a license file, which you have to import in the plugin, that's it.

I have also Avenger, but still don't use it. Rapid has for example a better analog filter and much more power in the bottom. It only needs more expansions, but it's easier to program. Avenger has a "drum machine" included, but it's much easier to work with drum samples in the DAW, instead of using a magnifier in Avenger, because they overfill the plugin more and more with half-done areas nobody really needs, I bounced the drum kits I like.

And I prefer products from companies with a customer-friendly demeanor and Parawave Audio have this! :tu:

uselessmind wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
What in the manual changed your mind about Rapid? :?

This is a quite interesting way to use Rapid :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC4wKQ6lBY

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:53 am
uselessmind wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
Just the C/R Part, i was unser the Impression it might just be offline serial protected.
Andy is a support ninja.

uselessmind wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:54 am
Just the C/R Part, i was unser the Impression it might just be offline serial protected.
But you need to be online only for the first time activation - if I understood correctly? After that you can use Rapid offline if you want?

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:58 am
But you need to be online only for the first time activation - if I understood correctly? After that you can use Rapid offline if you want?
Yes, thats how i understand it as well.
Unless i change or replace my computer.

Not on the same level as reactivate every 90 days though. 🙄
Andy is a support ninja.

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:58 am
No you don't need to be online. You *can* do it online through the browser, then it's easier. But you don't need to be online on the DAW-Computer.
When you read on in the manual it says in the screenshot on page 12:
Click the "Go To!" button to visit the URL in a browser.
(That's the download C/R part where you submit your hardware ID I guess)
If you cannot access the Internet, note down the complete URL (eg. on USB-Stick) and visit it using another computer.
After downloading the license, come back here and click "Import.." to load the license file and complete the activation.
I myself really don't like C/R or things that are not transparent as the earlier and current activation with Avenger and other synths. But this is dead simple in Rapid, and does not need to be online on the Rapid-Computer. You just have to submit your activation through that link on another PC/or your mobile phone etc. and download the license / key file to activate it.

Yes, each computer has to be activated like that, but as said, once it's done it doesn't deactivate. On reinstallation on the same machine you may just re-import the license file.
Last edited by dermage on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”