Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

dlt123 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 pm Does anyone know of this site? I've never heard of them before. Has anyone purchased through them? Also, are there any other sites that are offering a discount on the upgrade to V5?

Best Service - Studio One 5 Professional Upgrades

Thanks
Best Service is an established, trustworthy retailer. I've bought from then before. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 pm Taking a look at the big picture for a moment

- looking at all the new v5 features

- and adding in all the existing features

- it's an amazing DAW, with an incredible spec.

I feel really good about this :)

I'm buying as soon as the first bug fix is released.
What bugs are you waiting to be fixed, Do you have bugs?
It's amazingly solid here on Catalina.

paterpeter wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:22 pm
dlt123 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 pm Does anyone know of this site? I've never heard of them before. Has anyone purchased through them? Also, are there any other sites that are offering a discount on the upgrade to V5?

Thanks
Best Service is an established, trustworthy retailer. I've bought from then before. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
Thanks, just bought the upgrade through them and am installing all the plugins that come with V5. Works as expected.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

is there a regular old changelog anywhere? or a "what's new"?

I'm interested in the little tweaks they made.

^^^
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 am
nbyte wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm It has MPE!
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... atsNew.pdf
Thanks for the link!
It covers what's new in Studio One 5 in some detail.

And the Studio One 5 reference manual
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... 072020.pdf

LocalTrack19 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:56 am
tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 am If you are a student, faculty, or staff member for an educational institution, the upgrade to 5 Pro from any Pro can be purchased for $75 at B&H Photo/Video/ProAudio (EDU Advantage):

What happened to the EDU upgrade from Artist to Professional? Is that still available like it was for version 4? It also was around 75 bucks
I've only looked at B&H and Sweetwater and neither of those two online vendors currently offers an upgrade from Artist to 5 Pro with an educational discount. Sorry. :(

Perhaps such an upgrade offer will be introduced at a later date. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thanks
Best Service is an established, trustworthy retailer.
And not just that - it's the same Best Service that had well-established sample-based products on the market for years...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search ... st+service
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I hear Best Service is run by really hot German chicks. At least that's what i like to think. :-D
What ever!

jens wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 am

Thanks
Best Service is an established, trustworthy retailer.
And not just that - it's the same Best Service that had well-established sample-based products on the market for years...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search ... st+service
My purchase for the V5 upgrade went smoothly. I am now running it on my computer and I am happy with my dealings with Best Service. Will buy again from them.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

tonedef71 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:56 am
LocalTrack19 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:56 am
tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:20 am If you are a student, faculty, or staff member for an educational institution, the upgrade to 5 Pro from any Pro can be purchased for $75 at B&H Photo/Video/ProAudio (EDU Advantage):

What happened to the EDU upgrade from Artist to Professional? Is that still available like it was for version 4? It also was around 75 bucks
I've only looked at B&H and Sweetwater and neither of those two online vendors currently offers an upgrade from Artist to 5 Pro with an educational discount. Sorry. :(

Perhaps such an upgrade offer will be introduced at a later date. :shrug:
Hope so! For now I have enough with Artist, being a starting user of S1 and DAWs, so as soon as I have gone through the learning curve I hope this upgrade will be available :)

D.Wako wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:55 am I hear Best Service is run by really hot German chicks. At least that's what i like to think. :-D

selahl wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:28 pm...how I would transfer a Fat Channel XT collection License, no transfer option available?! one for support I think.
Perhaps it's tied to Studio One license, like Molodyne Essentials is?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Figured out this might be a good place to ask - is it possible to navigate around the workspace by holding the middle mouse button now in Studio One 5, or is this feature still missing? Also, is it possible to change the horizontal zoom in and out hotkeys, for something like CTRL + Mousewheel Up and Down?

stillshaded wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 pm is there a regular old changelog anywhere? or a "what's new"?

I'm interested in the little tweaks they made.
In addition to the "What's New" and the new manual, there's the traditional "Release Notes" pdf. I guess you get it with the software, because it isn't available on the product page. But a kind user posted it on the Studio One 5 official discussion thread: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... 51#p237451

Nothing exciting beyond the headlines, though - I take it as a sign that improvements to existing functionality were not a priority with this release.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

There really isn't $150 worth of value in the update. If it had been released as Studio one 4.7 it would have been a good update but as 5.0 it's really not. And bear in mind I'm saying this as someone who finds value in the music notation view; if you personally don't then it's likely there's nothing for you here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”