All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm My EHX Memory Man With Hazarai arrived in good shape.
If you're anything like me, going for the cheaper EHX Memory Boy Deluxe is a false economy. I esp. enjoyed the looper and reverse echo 8)
not really, let the father take the son for a walk for example.
nice little family.

(plug them in together in case my metaphor didnt work) rev in to a short delayverb with plenty of feedback, thickens out the rev delay.
or more repeats, always fun.

^
If they were mini pedals I'd keep both.
The form factor is what I like least about EHX.

why? not like youre travelling with them?
for a gig rig, where youre carting your own gear, fair enough.
just add another shoe shelf or whatever that thing is.

^
I like to have my pedals at the ready. Once I'm wielding a guitar, further restricted by headphone cables, I don't wanna swap pedals around. And I don't want to feel guilty every time I look at some cupboard I would store unused pedals in. I've no space left for extra pedalboards. And I have [too?] many delays already (DOD Rubberneck, tc Flashback, tc Echobrain, tc Prophet, CB Thermae)

Are the Alter Ego toneprints available for the Flashback? If so, those do a good job of the Memory Man sound.

too, many, delays.
?,
individually i know what those words mean.
as a sentence, it makes absolutely no sense. :shrug:

Uncle E wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:54 am Are the Alter Ego toneprints available for the Flashback? If so, those do a good job of the Memory Man sound.
Actually it's a Flashback II I own, it has 3 TonePrint slots and comes with a "mod" delay out of the box.

Does anybody know of a mini/micro analogue delay pedal with modulation options?

The closest I’ve found is the Sonicake Echo Rain, which is hybrid.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

khanyz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 pm Does anybody know of a mini/micro analogue delay pedal with modulation options?

The closest I’ve found is the Sonicake Echo Rain, which is hybrid.
Effects database might be a good place to look.
Deleted link, getting browser warnings all of a sudden.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

^ Thanks, I keep forgetting that site. Now bookmarked.

I didn’t get any warnings, but I use a content blocker on strict. Virus Total shows it as clean.

Also, went with the Sonicake Echo Rain. Sonicake confirmed that the signal path is analog and sent me an offer.

khanyz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 pm went with the Sonicake Echo Rain. Sonicake confirmed that the signal path is analog and sent me an offer.
Aliexpress charges $44 (shipping included).
Sonicake's own shop charges even more.
I'm gonna wait, hoping for a better deal.

^ It’s $27 on eBay, with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123101069678

The seller is real-sonicake , which I hope it is :wink: . I also ordered the Cloud Chorus from them at $30, including $5 shipping. In both cases the listings price was higher, but I watched it and got sent a “private” offer. Another thing is that there are multiple listings in different currencies, I watched them all, got offers, and compared before buying.

BTW I’m impressed with the Sonicake support. I got answers to questions really quickly.

The Sonicake Shop is more expensive even with the 40% off code BigSale40 .

Thanks, khanyz :o
I don't think I'll be able to resist that one.

Meanwhile I paid for a used Bonamassa Fuzz Face FFM4 :party:
My income is heading for a cliff, I'm glad this opportunity popped up in time.

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:31 pm Thanks, khanyz :o
I don't think I'll be able to resist that one.

Meanwhile I paid for a used Bonamassa Fuzz Face FFM4 :party:
My income is heading for a cliff, I'm glad this opportunity popped up in time.
No problem.

I intended to take my time buying mini pedals, but couldn’t resist. Along with the Sonicakes and a Palmer Pocket Amp, I ordered Mosky Fuzzface, MM Silver and Crunch Red pedals.

I decided against any Riot based pedals as my Marshall Guvnor does similar things very well. Similar reason for not getting the Mosky D250X, I have two D250s already.

khanyz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm I decided against any Riot based pedals as my Marshall Guvnor does similar things very well. Similar reason for not getting the Mosky D250X, I have two D250s already.
Good thinking.

Most people emerge from the pedal rabbit hole embarassed to find they bought lots of redundant circuits.

Return to “Guitars”