Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:47 pm use midi ox (?) to check what date is being transmitted
I already know it's not being transmitted because this cheap piece of shit doesn't transmit aftertouch. I didn't even think to ask the guy at the store if it transmitted aftertouch because it's such a f**king basic thing.

This is such bullshit! What $260 keyboard doesn't transmit aftertouch?
sorry I spoke...

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:47 pm use midi ox (?) to check what date is being transmitted
I already know it's not being transmitted because this cheap piece of shit doesn't transmit aftertouch. I didn't even think to ask the guy at the store if it transmitted aftertouch because it's such a f**king basic thing.

This is such bullshit! What $260 keyboard doesn't transmit aftertouch?
sorry I spoke...
I'm not mad at you. I'm just pissed off to hell that something basic like aftertouch doesn't come with EVERY MODERN KEYBOARD.

Yes, that seems the case. AT support is not the most common thing from what I've seen. I'm currently looking for a good feeling 61-Key MIDI controller with AT and it's not that easy.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm Yes, that seems the case. AT support is not the most common thing from what I've seen. I'm currently looking for a good feeling 61-Key MIDI controller with AT and it's not that easy.
Really? Wow, I can't believe it.

Most keyboards now don't come with after touch. Sadly for a keyboardist it is I believe essential. And apart from my traveling A/M Series NI, all my other keyboards have it....
rsp
sound sculptist

Just checked the Thomann website, they have 70 different 49-key MIDI keyboards. Only 24 of them have aftertouch, and the cheapest one is Arturia's Keystep :lol:

Gotta be honest here...when I read that post last night I was like "of course it doesn't transmit aftertouch, which cheap keyboard controllers do?" It seemed like a crazy thing to expect. Then I googled it and saw the KeyLab Mk II had channel aftertouch and figured that's the one Wags must have so I let it drop. Come back in the morning, and lo-and-behold, I guess that's not the one Wags has after all. I guess everyone's learning not to assume. :lol:

Don't any of you find this just a little bit sad in this day and age?

Anyway, programming the hell out of Obsession and loving it. Very easy synth to program. Set up a MIDI track to test aftertouch (manually drawn in) so I can still program patches with it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 pm Gotta be honest here...when I read that post last night I was like "of course it doesn't transmit aftertouch, which cheap keyboard controllers do?" It seemed like a crazy thing to expect. Then I googled it and saw the KeyLab Mk II had channel aftertouch and figured that's the one Wags must have so I let it drop. Come back in the morning, and lo-and-behold, I guess that's not the one Wags has after all. I guess everyone's learning not to assume. :lol:
To be fair, if you're my age or anywhere near it, there was a time when almost every keyboard had AT.

Don't worry, I will NEVER make THAT mistake again.

But now I have to replace a keyboard that's only a few months old.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:33 pm Don't any of you find this just a little bit sad in this day and age?

Anyway, programming the hell out of Obsession and loving it. Very easy synth to program. Set up a MIDI track to test aftertouch (manually drawn in) so I can still program patches with it.
I find this interesting to read, as I remember you said you didn't enjoy, or found it hard to program the corresponding Oberheim in the past.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A few years ago I bought an Arturia 61 key controller and the return to zero spring on the pitch bend wheel broke the very first time I used it. I returned it and bought an Akai MPK261. I will no longer touch any hardware made by Arturia.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm But now I have to replace a keyboard that's only a few months old.
I'm not sure but maybe in meantime You could connect an expression pedal to it and map it to aftertouch
Last edited by Kumi_27 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 pm A few years ago I bought an Arturia 61 key controller and the return to zero spring on the pitch bend wheel broke the very first time I used it. I returned it and bought an Akai MPK261. I will no longer touch any hardware made by Arturia.
How do you like this keyboard? Is it sturdy? How many keys? How much? I trust your opinion on stuff.

Kumi_27 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:39 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm But now I have to replace a keyboard that's only a few months old.
I'm not sure but maybe in meantime You could connect an expression pedal and map it to aftertouch
Are you ready for this? This keyboard has no inputs for an expression pedal. NONE.

And even if it did, AT doesn't have a CC # so how can you map it anyway?

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 pm Gotta be honest here...when I read that post last night I was like "of course it doesn't transmit aftertouch, which cheap keyboard controllers do?" It seemed like a crazy thing to expect. Then I googled it and saw the KeyLab Mk II had channel aftertouch and figured that's the one Wags must have so I let it drop. Come back in the morning, and lo-and-behold, I guess that's not the one Wags has after all. I guess everyone's learning not to assume. :lol:
To be fair, if you're my age or anywhere near it, there was a time when almost every keyboard had AT.

Don't worry, I will NEVER make THAT mistake again.

But now I have to replace a keyboard that's only a few months old.
that's not true, I was a salesman and AT was never that common and on expensive boards like a Kharma...we had it all at Mars, all on display and hooked up working...I doubt even 10% had AT (that was the turn of the century)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”