Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:38 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:31 pm
nix808 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:26 pm @wag tunes-
you could put the 2 complementary presets in a folder and put a .txt explaining to load them conjunctive?
As I just explained to AnX, nobody wants to be bothered to do that.
wrong, lots of ppl are quite happy to layer synths, and most are more likely to do it without a compromise of both control and polyo
For that matter then I can just include a text file that says "All patches can be combined via layering in your DAW to make even more interesting sounds."

Yeah, what a cop out. You think anybody will take that seriously?
why would you need to tell anyone that?

you could also put a text file in telling them how to play chords or automate the filter if you really want to patronise them....

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:42 pm
Did the beta testers bother to mention that it was useless? I mean I'm sure you of all people would have said something.
of course I did, but its not my company, and I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion counts for anything

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:47 pm
Did the beta testers bother to mention that it was useless? I mean I'm sure you of all people would have said something.
of course I did, but its not my company, and I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion counts for anything
Well, FWIW, they dropped the ball big time on this.

And with that, no point discussing it any further.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:38 pm "All patches can be combined via layering in your DAW to make even more interesting sounds."
I would put the patches to be combined in a folder, so 2-8 patches that are layers. The text would say
"the patches in folder groups are multis- ie. they are designed to be layered with their folder group counterparts in your host DAW"
it wouldn't be unlawful heh

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:50 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:47 pm
Well, FWIW, they dropped the ball big time on this.

And with that, no point discussing it any further.

oh well, if you say so, we better stop :roll:

Yes, Oberheim dropped the ball with this too then. The split feature was discussed during beta testing, but Richard didn't extend the feature in the end. His call.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nix808 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:38 pm "All patches can be combined via layering in your DAW to make even more interesting sounds."
I would put the patches to be combined in a folder, so 2-8 patches that are layers. The text would say
"the patches in folder groups are multis- ie. they are designed to be layered with their folder group counterparts in your host DAW"
Well, it's not elegant and I guess some people won't mind. Personally, I'd be like "WTF, you mean this synth can't do a pad/lead patch split???"

Maybe I'm just being too overly critical. I don't know.

nix808 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:53 pm
you can't dictate to ppl what sounds they chose to "layer" :lol:

no(there is no reason to), but the preset designer communicates that he/she has created them specifically with the intent that they compliment each other. They are different cases/matters
Last edited by nix808 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorry double

Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:55 pm Yes, Oberheim dropped the ball with this too then. It was discussed in the beta testing, but Richard didn't extend the feature in the end. His call.
Cool. Like I said, no point beating the dead horse. I'll work around it or ignore it.

nix808 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:59 pm no(there is no reason to), but the preset designer communicates that he/she has created them specifically with the intent that they compliment each other. They are different cases/matters
but that's the makers taste, the buyer may decide that 2 diff sounds fit together better, it's not really something you can dictate

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:08 pm but that's the makers taste, the buyer may decide that 2 diff sounds fit together better, it's not really something you can dictate
yeppy

it's a relevant mode though if you concede that the user may like the preset designer's taste, it's plain that no sound designer would pretend to dictate like that. So not to dictate, but to preset design

This is a very sad thread about a remarkable piece of software.

Ah, well.

:(
바보

So is there somewhere better suited for me to discuss the issue I reported before about patch browsing problems? Would the Synapse forum be better?

Also, how can I download the earlier version, new one is buggy and irritating on my system but I appear to be the only one affected.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”