Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

Great synth, enjoying it so far, unique effect features, nice sound, good low end. GUI as great as of other HY-Plugins. Sometimes a bit hefty on the CPU here. Guess there will be some more features / OSC modes in the future, spotted some placeholders.

This is a fun synth! Compact design, good sound, easy FM section :tu: ... damn ... one of my new year's resolutions was, not to buy any synth in 2020. But on the other hand this thing costs just 40 dollars ... damn. Why did i download the demo :bang: ... I will sleep on it.
Last edited by audiot on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hadrondrift wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:54 am Great synth, enjoying it so far, unique effect features, nice sound, good low end. GUI as great as of other HY-Plugins. Sometimes a bit hefty on the CPU here. Guess there will be some more features / OSC modes in the future, spotted some placeholders.
For sure :tu:

Great synth. Love it. But, is it me, or is the attack quite "soft"? Sounds, with a clean saw, if it is set to 5 or 10 ms or so when dialed all the way off.

Love HY stuff. He does keep getting better. the FM sold me. nice release.

exmatproton wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:22 pm But, is it me, or is the attack quite "soft"? Sounds, with a clean saw, if it is set to 5 or 10 ms or so when dialed all the way off.
Just checked and rendered a pure saw to audio. Yep, even with envelope attack at 0, there is some ramp up, max amplitude is only reached after about 20 ms.

Hadrondrift wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:22 pm But, is it me, or is the attack quite "soft"? Sounds, with a clean saw, if it is set to 5 or 10 ms or so when dialed all the way off.
Just checked and rendered a pure saw to audio. Yep, even with envelope attack at 0, there is some ramp up, max amplitude is only reached after 20 ms.
Yeah, thought so.

am i wrong to say you can only modulate up to 24semi of pitch?
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

unless there is some underlying reason, i suspect any bugs will probably get fixed. he's been good about that in the past.

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 pm unless there is some underlying reason, i suspect any bugs will probably get fixed. he's been good about that in the past.
True that. Nothing bad to say about that.

YoddYarmonics wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pm am i wrong to say you can only modulate up to 24semi of pitch?
in the oscillators, yes...which you can bitch about in the case of fm , but everything else can be played higher on the keyboard. it could be a cpu saving move. all i know is i have bumped into a few really fun vsti's to play lately on both laptop and ios...this is one of them. It's a dreamy rainy afternoon. HY has quality filters IMO. I use his filter bank. high signal to noise IMO, but i don't scope everything like you guys do. The oscillator ramping might be due to cross modulation some where or mode change? I will have to look at it further.

The oscillators have +/-36 semitones of pitch adjustment. It's plenty.
tony10000 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 amCheck out the SVF in the effects section. I bet you'll like that!
You got me all excited but to my ears it sounds pretty much the same as the main filters. I thought it might be a proper SEM-like morphing filter but it is actually like the SVF from SynthEdit that I used to use all the time.
YoddYarmonics wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pmam i wrong to say you can only modulate up to 24semi of pitch?
Yes, you are wrong. Each oscillator has a +/-2 octave range setting, plus another TUNE knob that gives you another +/-12 semitones. There is also a Master Tune knob that gives you another +/-24 semitones. So all up you have 10 octaves of tuning available, which is 120 semitones.
exmatproton wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:22 pmGreat synth. Love it. But, is it me, or is the attack quite "soft"? Sounds, with a clean saw, if it is set to 5 or 10 ms or so when dialed all the way off.
There is a gate effect, so maybe try using that to get snappier envelopes? Or a compressor? Or both?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:35 am The oscillators have +/-36 semitones of pitch adjustment. It's plenty.
what i meant is the max pitch spread you can target with a modulator (for kick drrums basically)

obviously without phase setup and retrig and with that soft envelope it wont kick right. i just want it to kick best it can
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

Why? Don't you have drum machines for drums? I've never understood why anyone would want to waste a whole synth just to make a drum sound. It makes no sense at all to me.

But there are two mod slots so you can double up on the modulation and double the range.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 am Why? Don't you have drum machines for drums? I've never understood why anyone would want to waste a whole synth just to make a drum sound. It makes no sense at all to me.
This is why;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=548540&sid=82c97f15 ... 32fc913e93

:tu:

Return to “Instruments”