Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Just a heads up, I bought the Best Service S1-5Pro upgrade, and the serial number that Best Service provided didn't work on PreSonus' site. I've emailed both Best Service and PreSonus, but haven't heard back yet.

thenumber23 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:47 am Just a heads up, I bought the Best Service S1-5Pro upgrade, and the serial number that Best Service provided didn't work on PreSonus' site. I've emailed both Best Service and PreSonus, but haven't heard back yet.
At my.presonus.com, go to your Products page and click the Studio 4 Pro product. You should see an "Upgrade" button (I think it is either green or blue in color). Click that "Upgrade" button and then enter your purchased Studio 5 Pro upgrade license key.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:37 am At my.presonus.com, go to your Products page and click the Studio 4 Pro product. You should see an "Upgrade" button (I think it is either green or blue in color). Click that "Upgrade" button and then enter your purchased Studio 5 Pro upgrade license key.
Thank you! That worked.

I've not downloaded the trial ...
There is no demo yet.

^^^ can be tried on splice for 3days https://splice.com/daws/38892279-studio ... y-presonus just don't forget to cancel your plan ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Saukar30 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 am Does anyone know if any of the Presonus audio interfaces or the ATOM pad controller come with the new SO 5 or just SO 4?
According to a member here, it comes with Studio One Artist 5 :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=548703&start=15

EnGee wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:22 am
Saukar30 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 am Does anyone know if any of the Presonus audio interfaces or the ATOM pad controller come with the new SO 5 or just SO 4?
According to a member here, it comes with Studio One Artist 5 :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=548703&start=15
They specifically say "Studio One Artist" without mentioning version, so I'm assuming is the newest one at the time of registering the controller:

https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-Pad-Controllers
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Cool! Thx
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Hi,

I'm in the process of Upgrading from Studio One Pro 4 to Studio One Pro 5.

I noticed there is a Melodyne Essential Download in the Version 5 downloads section,

Do I need to download it for version 5 (Is it a new version of Melodyne Essen. that's needed for version 5 ) ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:21 pm Hi,

I noticed there is a Melodyne Essential Download in the Version 5 downloads section,

Do I need to download it for version 5 (Is it a new version of Melodyne Essen. that's needed for version 5 ) ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
If you want the version 5 features (ARA 2) and whatever bug fixes it includes, I believe that you need to download the new Melodyne Essential 5 from your PreSonus account (after you have registered your Studio One 5 Pro license).

I have run into an issue after upgrading to Studio One Pro 5: there is no license key in my account for Melodyne Essential 5. You need to register a new Melodyne Essential 5 license key with Celemony, otherwise the plugin defaults to Melodyne Player 5.

My previous purchases of Studio One Pro 3 and Studio One Pro 4, both provided new license keys for Melodyne Essential for me to claim. So far, I have not been provided with a license key for Melodyne Essential 5. I opened a ticket with PreSonus support, and I was told by the PreSonus support technician to uninstall the Melodyne Essential I had downloaded from my PreSonus account and instead download it from Celemony, but I cannot register and download Melodyne Essential 5 from Celemony without a license key! :x It has been frustrating.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:16 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:21 pm Hi,

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I believe you need to download the new Melodyne Essential 5, if you want the version 5 features (ARA 2) and whatever bug fixes it includes.

The issue I am having is that after upgrading to Studio One Pro 5, there is no license key in my account for Melodyne Essential 5, and you need to register a new license key with Celemony, otherwise the plugin defaults to Melodyne Player 5.

My previous purchases of Studio One Pro 3 and Studio One Pro 4, both provided new license keys for Melodyne Essential for me to claim. So far, I have not been provided with a license key for Melodyne Essential 5. I opened a ticket with PreSonus support, and I was told by the PreSonus support technician to uninstall the Melodyne Essential I had downloaded from my PreSonus account and instead download it from Celemony, but I cannot register and download Melodyne Essential 5 from Celemony without a license key! :x It has been frustrating.
Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you are having with Melodyne & Presonus. This important detail is kind of unclear to me. Presonus should make it clearer/easier for us, as is this is very confusing.

Is Presonus supposed to give us the Melodyne Essential 5 License Key so we can register it and get Melodyne from Melodyne ? or do we get the license key from Melodyne but how do we do that ?

Hopefully this can be sorted out. I'm going to delay my Studio One Pro 5 upgrade install until I know what exactly needs to be done as far as Melodyne Ess. 5 is concerned.

I checked the pdf Quick Start Guide of Studio One Pro 5, and here is what it mentions regarding Melodyne :

from Quick Start S1 Pro 5 pdf Manual :

" In Studio One, navigate to Studio One/Studio One Installation. Depending on the version of
Studio One you have activated, you will see one of the following listed:
• Celemony Melodyne Trial (Artist)
• Celemony Melodyne Essential (Professional)
Check the box next to the version of Melodyne that is listed to select it. Then, click Install
to install and authorize Melodyne.
"

You will be able to check the install Melodyne Essen. check box, and your license key will be visible as well.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:42 pmfrom Quick Start S1 Pro 5 pdf Manual :

" In Studio One, navigate to Studio One/Studio One Installation. Depending on the version of
Studio One you have activated, you will see one of the following listed:
• Celemony Melodyne Trial (Artist)
• Celemony Melodyne Essential (Professional)
Check the box next to the version of Melodyne that is listed to select it. Then, click Install
to install and authorize Melodyne.
"

You will be able to check the install Melodyne Essen. check box, and your license key will be visible as well.
If those instructions are referring to this:

then I can tell you what happens next after clicking the "Claim Product Key" button: a dialog box titled "Authorizing" briefly appears with a progress bar; after the dialog box vanishes, nothing appreciable has happened.

Yes, I'm having this error message when I try to edit audio with Melodyne, and it show Melodyne 4 not 5.

Very frustrating indeed. Hope they fix it ASAP.

Melodyne is pretty weird and frustrating in the way it updates from personal experience. I recall that you need to shut down and restart your computer so it properly updates the files. This could be a registry thing, given how old Melodyn actually is, which must be over 10 years old from when it was first coded. So try a reset, if you think you have done everything right but not actually rebooted, then try and claim your license ;-)
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”