Digital Village/DV247?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can totally recommend juno if they have what you want. always had great service there and even during recent months no crappy delays.
same for thomann too (regards fast delivery in a crisis) but first time using them so wont comment on general service :)

Thanks all.

Funnily enough I bought from Juno a little while back, yeah, no problems, just DV had them beaten price this time.

Yeah, I'll second the Juno suggestion. Also, Scan.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Another +1 for Juno, and they can price match too if you get them on the phone or web chat.

Sadly I cannot recommend Scan. Spent a TON of money with them last year and they screwed every single order up. I really wanted to support them because of Pete's efforts here, but man it was a pain to deal with them.

I've placed a few orders through them and never had a problem - same with KMR actually.

thomann I've had the occasional item go out of stock after order placement - though only when the site did warn of low stock and it didn't take long to get more in at the time. My main complaint is their prices aren't cheap and the shipping costs to the UK are painful compared to UK suppliers. I've used Gear4Music a couple of times, including one item I had to return because I'd made a mistake in what I'd ordered - no quibbles at all from them, so that was encouraging.

dfj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

i like stoner employees, i know how they tick :hihi:

Another point against Scan (again). Had to return something under warranty a month ago. Had to chase them every step of the way. They received it, had to chase them to inspect it. They inspected it and agreed it was faulty. Then had to chase them to process the RMA, they said they would. A week later they told me the item was discontinued so it would have to be a refund. Had to chase them again, where's the refund? A week ago they told me they were processing the refund. Checked my bank today, guess what.....no refund.

Even under the current circumstances they are underperforming.

BAX do have some good prices but seem to fluctuate... I put something in my cart and it was considerably more at checkout, went back to the items page and it had gone up in the time it took me to click checkout...

Anyway, as to my original query; they finally got back to me. I'd checked the item in the morning and it was the same price it had been for weeks, i received the reply on FB so went back to the item and it had gone up twenty quid... Maybe I'm paranoid, and all just a coincidence, circumstancial evidence etc etc... but it does seem a coincidence...

Whatever, bought the item from PMT in the end, free next day delivery, no problems.

GaryG wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:16 pm BAX do have some good prices but seem to fluctuate... I put something in my cart and it was considerably more at checkout, went back to the items page and it had gone up in the time it took me to click checkout...

It's because BAX aren't in the UK, Thomann operate the same way. Prices aren't updated on the website live and are dependent on exchange rates.

ggg
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

gtg
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

oo
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”