Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:39 pm Yes, I'm having this error message when I try to edit audio with Melodyne, and it show Melodyne 4 not 5.

Very frustrating indeed. Hope they fix it ASAP.

Assuming that you are still using Studio One 4 Pro, are you trying to register the embedded Melodyne 4 Player with your Melodyne Essentials 4 product key from your My.PreSonus product page for Studio One 4 Pro?:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pmSo try a reset, if you think you have done everything right but not actually rebooted, then try and claim your license ;-)
Would removing the "Celemony.license" file from the "C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Roaming\Celemony Software GmbH\Licenses" folder effectively "reset" the Melodyne plug-in?

For Melodyne 5, do I not need PreSonus to add a key to the My.Presonus page for Studio One 5 Pro?
Last edited by tonedef71 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Any of you using v5 has noticed improvements in stability on Mac??

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pm Melodyne is pretty weird and frustrating in the way it updates from personal experience. I recall that you need to shut down and restart your computer so it properly updates the files. This could be a registry thing, given how old Melodyn actually is, which must be over 10 years old from when it was first coded. So try a reset, if you think you have done everything right but not actually rebooted, then try and claim your license ;-)
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on Studio One Pro 5, (Windows 10) just installed it.

I will try Re-Booting my PC. and report back.

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:00 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pmSo try a reset, if you think you have done everything right but not actually rebooted, then try and claim your license ;-)
Would removing the "Celemony.license" file from the "C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Roaming\Celemony Software GmbH\Licenses" folder effectively "reset" the Melodyne plug-in?

For Melodyne 5, do I not need PreSonus to add a key to the My.Presonus page for Studio One 5 Pro?
The registry is a system for data entry address lines that references programs and system files that your OS depends on, such as the reg key/versions/dates and dependencies /copy protection ect. The roaming folder is like a program reference location for configuration/ preferences of the programs/scripts and other data.. So no, it doesn't really work like that. There's a sequence to do things, and if you don't do it as required, you're gonna have issues.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Re-booted my PC, but still not able to use Melodyne Essen. Shows same error message.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:13 pm The registry is a data entry address line that references the program, such as the reg key/versions/dates and dependencies /copy protection ect.
Do you know the location in the Windows registry (e.g. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Celemony Software GmbH) where the relevant information is located?

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:17 pm Re-booted my PC, but still not able to use Melodyne Essen. Shows same error message.
What do you have installed for Melodyne? Here is what I currently have:

I originally had Melodyne Studio 4.2 installed. I uninstalled it so that I could install Melodyne Essentials 5.

There was also a "Melodyne 4.1 runtime" installed, and I had to temporarily disable Windows User Account Controls in order to uninstall that one. There is a whole thread discussing another way to bypass the problem with uninstalling the Melodyne runtime here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... -run-time/

Do you think PreSonus was supposed to issue us a key for Melodyne Essentials 5 on oour My.Presonus product page?

Hi,

OK.. I finally got Melodyne Essential Authorized.

The main issue seems to be that the [Claim Product Key] didn't function as it should. So, getting my Melodyne Essn. Lincense info from my Presonus Account, for S1 Pro 3 was the best way to fix this. I don't know why the Melodyne License info. did not show up in my S1Pro 5 Section of my Preosnus Account, that would have been very helpful.

So.. I found my Melodyne Lincense info from my S1 Pro 3 in my Presonus user area. (Copied it)

I un-installed, then re-installed Melodyne 5 , used the download from my user area. then as I tried to edit audio with Melodyne in S15Pro, it requested I authorize it by taking me to the Celemony webpage, I was able to (Paste) the Melodyne License code, and finally get it authorized in Studio One Pro 5.

I hope Presonus improves this installation process for Melodyne 5 Essen. I wasted a whole day dealing with this, the other part of installing S1Pro 5 went super fast, and smooth.

I hope this info. is helpful to others having issues installing Melodyne 5 Essential in Studio One Pro 5.

Muziksculp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:36 am Hi,

The main issue seems to be that the [Claim Product Key] didn't function as it should. So, getting my Melodyne Essn. Lincense info from my Presonus Account, for S1 Pro 3 was the best way to fix this. I don't know why the Melodyne License info. did not show up in my S1Pro 5 Section of my Preosnus Account, that would have been very helpful.

So.. I found my Melodyne Lincense info from my S1 Pro 3 in my Presonus user area. (Copied it)

I un-installed, then re-installed Melodyne 5 , used the download from my user area. then as I tried to edit audio with Melodyne in S15Pro, it requested I authorize it by taking me to the Celemony webpage, I was able to (Paste) the Melodyne License code, and finally get it authorized in Studio One Pro 5.

I hope Presonus improves this installation process for Melodyne 5 Essen. I wasted a whole day dealing with this, the other part of installing S1Pro 5 went super fast, and smooth.

I hope this info. is helpful to others having issues installing Melodyne 5 Essential in Studio One Pro 5.
Thanks for sharing. I just want to clarify something to make sure that I understand what worked for you. Are you saying that you authorized Melodyne 5 Essential in Studio One Pro 5 with the Melodyne Essential product key you were given by PreSonus for your copy of Studio One Pro 3?

If so, that would mean that Melodyne Essential product keys issued to OEMs (such as PreSonus) are not locked to a particular version of Melodyne Essential; I would not have considered that possibility. I also have unused product keys for Melodyne Essential that I got from the Magix Samplitude Pro and Tracktion DAWs. Hmm... I wonder.

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 am
Muziksculp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:36 am Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I just want to clarify something to make sure that I understand what worked for you. Are you saying that you authorized Melodyne 5 Essential in Studio One Pro 5 with the Melodyne Essential product key you were given by PreSonus for your copy of Studio One Pro 3?

If so, that would mean that Melodyne Essential product keys issued to OEMs (such as PreSonus) are not locked to a particular version of Melodyne Essential; I would not have considered that possibility. I also have unused product keys for Melodyne Essential that I got from the Magix Samplitude Pro and Tracktion DAWs. Hmm... I wonder.
Yes, Confirming.

I used the Melodyne Essential License Code that was available in my Presonus Account for Studio One Pro 3 which showed the Melodyne Essen. License info. to Authorize Melodyne Ess. 5 for Studio One Pro 5.

Muziksculp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 amYes, Confirming.

I used the Melodyne Essential License Code that was available in my Presonus Account for Studio One Pro 3 which showed the Melodyne Essen. License info. to Authorize Melodyne Ess. 5 for Studio One Pro 5.
Thank you for confirming. Following your lead, I was able to authorize my copy of Melodyne Essential 5 with Studio One 5 Pro. It was pretty much the same process with a few minor differences:

[1] I originally had the much better Melodyne Studio 4.2 installed. After uninstalling it and the runtime, the license files were still left behind. To ensure there were no license conflicts to deal with later, I removed the "Celemony.license" files from their resting places at "C:\ProgramData\Celemony Software GmbH\Licenses" and "C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\Roaming\Celemony Software GmbH\Licenses"

[2] I attempted to edit some audio with Melodyne 5 in Studio One 5 Pro. I clicked the activate button when the Melodyne activation dialog appeared. My browser opened to the Celemony licensing page.

[3] I selected the "Enter new serial option" from the web site and entered a complimentary license key for Melodyne Essential that I had received from Magix for Samplitude Studio X. I next filled out the new user form. When I attempted to submit the form, the Celemony server recognized my e-mail address and provided a link for me to login with my existing Celemony user account. [NOTE: I recommend logging in with your Celemony account before going through this process; that way, a user session will already be established in your browser before the Melodyne player module in Studio One redirects you to the Celemony licensing page.]

After logging in with my existing Celemony user account, the serial number was paired with my account:

Notice the odd version numbering: "Melodyne 4 essential v5.0.2"

[4] I went back to the registered products section of my user account at Celemony and saw the following:

The serial number I had just registered for "Melodyne 4 essential v5.0.2" shows up as Melodyne 4 essential, but there is now an option to download a free update. I clicked the "download" button which brought me to a new page:

There was some important bits to consider (Windows 10 and VST 3 only).

[5] I clicked the "continue" button which brought me to yet another new page:

The update from "Melodyne 4 essential" to "Melodyne 5 essential" was successful. When I returned back to registered products section of my user account at Celemony, I could then download the new Melodyne 5 essential installer for Windows.

[6] At this point, the Melodyne 5 essential plugin I got from My.Presonus was no longer useful and had to be uninstalled. This is because the Melodyne 5 essential installer that you download from Celemony is personalized to you and your computer. The key to successful authorization and integration with all compatible DAWs is to download and run this personalized installer from Celemony.

[7] After I shut down Studio One 5 Pro, uninstalled the Melodyne 5 essential (demo) from PreSonus, and then ran the personalized Melodyne 5 essential installer from Celemony, the Melodyne 5 essential was authorized and working in Studio One 5 Pro.

I still believe that PreSonus needs to make good on providing the Melodyne 5 essential product key in everyone's individual My.Presonus Studio One 5 Pro product page. Without that new complimentary product key, you have to hope you have a spare, unused Melodyne essential product key lying around somewhere. :dog:

An you sell spare essentials 5 keys? (I am on melodyne studio)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:21 am An you sell spare essentials 5 keys? (I am on melodyne studio)
I got a free grace period upgrade to s1_5. I now have a listed melodyne essentials key which i dont need as I also have Melodyne Studio. But I think I sold my previous key that came with S1_4. I need to check that out. If not I would like to sell that license if I can figure out how to

Think I'm right is saying the Essentials licenses aren't tied to a version which is why nowhere advertises Essentials upgrade pricing as it's unnecessary.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”