KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Once you realise that what Americans call English is in fact American, and that Americans speak American, not English, all issues with differences in pronunciation disappear.
Grammar is different, too: eg "what do you got?" :scared: instead of "what do you have?".
I would expect an American to not pronounce the "i", thusly: nyefonum, emphasis on the 1st, possibly 2nd syllable.

This thread is cracking me up :hihi:

Weird synth.

Very nice synth :D Gives me a Novachord feeling...

Ker-niff-oh-nee-uhm!

No No you're all pronouncing it incorrectly. It's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove". :wink:

(extra points for getting the reference).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 pm No No you're all pronouncing it incorrectly. It's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove". :wink:

(extra points for getting the reference).
Ah! Raymond Luxury-Yacht!

Don't know about you guys but I'm too used to "last note priority" and can't play anything on this synth.
I'm getting note retriggering like crazy with legatos.

Emulations like Legend and Repro give the ability to select last-note as well as the original behaviour of the hardware.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm Don't know about you guys but I'm too used to "last note priority" and can't play anything on this synth.

Emulations like Legend and Repro give the ability to select last-note as well as the original behaviour of the hardware.
Shoot them a feature request.

I agree with what you wrote.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:56 pm
Niowiad wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:41 pm Don't know about you guys but I'm too used to "last note priority" and can't play anything on this synth.

Shoot them a feature request.

I agree with what you wrote.
I actually did contact them about this (and another Knifonium issue) a couple days ago.
Hopefully they'll inclulde it as an option in future updates. :?

Yeah I want this too.

Loving this vst tho! Very unique and fun to explore.

Kanine Kollar
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

so i tested it
and it meh'd the f**k out off my drive
pros:
+decent fx
+unique hardware

cons:
-underwhelming
-garbage preset system
-questionable audio quality. Plugin Aliasing strikes again. Synapse and U-He run circles around this

thanks for listening to my podcast

Ploki wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:58 pm -questionable audio quality. Plugin Aliasing strikes again. Synapse and U-He run circles around this
How? I think it's every bit as good as those.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:26 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:58 pm -questionable audio quality. Plugin Aliasing strikes again. Synapse and U-He run circles around this
How? I think it's every bit as good as those.
well the aforementioned don't alias for one (objective and technical)

and when i disengaged FX it just sounded flat and lifeless (purely subjective), kinda like Logic's Retro Synth

The only thing I found not so good about the general sound quality is that it obviously doesn't do audio rate modulation. Apart from that, nothing to complain here. Aliasing? Ok, didn't notice any. :) There's no VA synth which doesn't alias though.

Return to “Instruments”