Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

onerob wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:48 pm If you wanted to see a guy play OB-Xa v (and a bit of Piano V2) through a grand piano with built-in MIDI, monitor and speakers, then this is the video for you. And fair warning, it is Van Halen's Jump – just because that track had not been discussed enough recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ttW9C7PVFE
Well, this was quite an experience.

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 am
Igro wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:56 am Pigments 2 was just updated. Where I can find the changelogs?
in arturia software center itself, click on pigments 2, i.e. see details, you see a general and release notes tab; the release note tab, of course, has all release notes also from previous versions.
(and set a proper release for your preset, of course...)
Thanks mate!

I've collected all the changelog and merged the equal parts, maybe it's useful for you guys:
All the V-Collection Plugins
Improvements:

Faster preset loading time, especially in AU, VST3 and AAX
Interface loading is now faster
Animations are now smoother
Animations CPU consumption is now reduced
New convolution reverb engine
VST3 presets now supported
A pop-up is now shown when instruments vst/au/aax and system files are mismatching

Bug fixes:

Remove / replace an instrument no longer crashes Logic 10.5.1
Midi Learn now works after clicking on Delete Current Config
Resize the user interface is not fluid and doesn't lead to a blank screen anymore
No more animation glitches when opening the advanced panel
Control + click is now supported on all Mac models.
Factory presets can now be saved in playlists
Clavinet V 1.6.0

New feature:

New twin-amp convolution reverb engine.
CZ V 1.2.0

Bug fixes:

Envelopes gradient no longer missing in synthesis page
Sample and hold now properly generates new values
Vibrato Delay knob is now functional
DX7 V 1.6.0

Bug fixes:

No more sporadic crashes when tweaking parameters
Closing the extended view no longer interface glitches with the keyboard
No more clicks when enabling the analog delay
Farfisa V 1.6.0

New feature:

Pitchbend now supported

Bug fixes:

Pressing panic no longer creates a click
No more click when enabling the delay
Jupiter-8 V 3.6.0

Bug fixes:

No more sporadic audio blasts when changing presets
No more crash when reopening a project in logic pro
No more crash when loading specific user presets
Pressing panic no longer creates a click
LFOs leds are now accurate on high rates
Improved effects stability when recalling a project with the VST3
Matrix 12 V2.6.0

New feature:
New Default preset

Bug fixes:

Group 2 part in now always accessible
Filter Freq tooltip is now accurate
OB-Xa V 1.0.2

New features:

Added 1999 keys preset
Presets are now NKS compliant

Bug fixes:

No more crashes in Logic Pro 10.5.1
No more stocks notes when using sustain pedals.
No more audio glitches when tweaking the master volume knob
SEM V 2.6.0

Bug fixes:

No more stuck notes when loading a SEM preset while holding any note results in stuck notes
Delay feedback is now reseted upon preset change
No more pop when hitting the panic button
Keyboard follow curves are now working
Solina V 2.6.0

Bug fixes:

Delay feedback can remain at 100% without crashing the engine
No more pops/clicks when switching delay ON
Stage V 1.6.0

New feature:

Bug fixes:
Sustain state is not recalled with preset
Synthi V 1.2.0

New feature:

Bug fixes:

Joystick modulator now stays in sync
Click the function tabs no longer affect their curve
VOX Continental V 2.6.0

Improvements:

Increased pitch bend accuracy

Bug fixes:

No more pop when hitting the panic button
No more pops/clicks when switching delay ON
Analog Lab 4

New features:

OBXa is now supported by Analog Lab
New knobs and button types
Tooltips now reflects the instrument engine parameter value
Added an "Update" button to the update available pop-up
Pressing ESC while dragging presets now cancels the drag
Recommended presets can now be added to concerts/songs
Macros various improvements
Engines are now loaded at startup to reduce presets change time
Presets can now be dragged and dropped from a Song to a Multi slot
New warning message when deleting a concert
Multis can now be selected in Swap Mode

Bug fixes:

In concert mode, load the preet saved state vs the edited state is now functional.
Vangelis Tribute Pack missing preset added to the bank.
Program changes MIDI channels are now taken in account.
When browsing playlists opening the instrument view no longer deselects the current preset
Samples are no longer missing after exporting a concert
Browsing filters are now updated after a save as
Various playlist presets state recall improvements
"Proceed to payment" button can’t be clicked multiple times anymore
Close button is now present in the activation pop-up
Preset recommandation now supports split presets
Macros now support self- assigned parameters
Parameters automation are now reflected on the Live view interface
Keylab Preset and Category buttons behavior is now consistent in Analog Lab
KeyLab MkII snapshots response time is now normal
Knobs without assignations can now be changed in Assign mode
No more GUI issues in Ableton
No more freezes and export issues with VOX macros
Lowering zoom no longer creates alignment issues
Editing parameters from a controller no longer create glitches

Anyting around CMI and sample browser tab for PC? thanks

Thanks, Walter :tu:

I did the update to 7.2 a couple of days ago. Great, that I can save disk space, by pointing my Arturia folders to an external SSD! Sweet! What I havent been able to figure out though, is how to use that same SSD with my other computer. Specifically, I would like the ability to use TWO computers, pointing to the same Arturia libraries on an external SSD. If I try and point a second computer... it trys to copy the same files to the SSD, and stops. Say that there is already a copy of the Arturia files there. Is there a way, to change a config file or something - to point at the SSD where I have already installed the files?

If anyone has figured this out - i would greatly appreciate hearing how to make it work. Thanks!

Joe

For anyone interested in using a Shared SSD across more than a single Mac, for your Arturia instruments.. It works. I ended up re-installing V Collection from the two separate systems, in order to get pointers, configurations, licensing, etc happy. There are some niggling issues when you're done, so do this at your own risk. Your mileage may vary. Professional driver on closed course. Yadda yadda... Here is what worked for me...

1. Launch Arturia Software Center on one of the systems. Follow the Arturia directions on moving Arturia resources to a different drive. This video is what worked for me -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTik761 ... e=emb_logo . When this is done. There should now be an "Arturia" folder on your external SSD. This process will link things up, so that the Arturia V Collection instruments will work from this drive.
2. Rename the newly created Arturia folder on your SSD to something other than Arturia or move the folder to a backup drive somewhere. You do not want the "Arturia" folder on your SSD before the next step, or the process will complain / get stuck.
3. On the other Mac, launch Arturia Software Center and follow the directions for moving Arturia resources to a different drive (same video as above). When prompted for 'where' - point the installer at the same external drive you installed in the first step. This will re-install all the Arturia stuff from the other Mac onto the SSD. It will also link things up, so that the Arturia V Collection instruments will work from this drive.

Done? Well not quite. I found I needed to get out of Arturia Software Center completely.. and relaunch. It prompted me this first time, for my Arturia credentials. Then after verifying everything worked, I plugged my SSD into the other computer and launched Arturia Software Center. Once again, I was prompted for my Arturia credentials. In both cases... it was only the first time after moving / pointing Arturia resources at the external drive, that I was prompted for the credentials.

The good? Patches, Playlists, etc all get moved to your shared SSD. Create or update a patch on one system? When you plug the external drive into the other system - those changes are all there. Groovy.

The bad? Well.. If you launch an Arturia instrument, or Arturia Software Center, or Analog Lab, etc... and DONT have the SSD/External drive plugged into the system, it dies a horrible death. You will get an error saying that the Arturia product you were trying to launch quit unexpectedly. You can Ignore, Report... or Reopen. What you cannot do though, is successfully launch the product. You HAVE to have the SSD/External drive plugged in. Definitely some kinks to work out. I suspect (or hope) Arturia will fix this mess.. and make it easier to install/link from another system, and not error out if you're not connected to the external drive.

I ordered Аrturia keylab mini and will receive it by the end of this week. My question is will I be able to buy arturia soft synth (more precisely CZ V) at a discount?

Oops - too late. :)
jdoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 am I did the update to 7.2 a couple of days ago. Great, that I can save disk space, by pointing my Arturia folders to an external SSD! Sweet! What I havent been able to figure out though, is how to use that same SSD with my other computer. Specifically, I would like the ability to use TWO computers, pointing to the same Arturia libraries on an external SSD. If I try and point a second computer... it trys to copy the same files to the SSD, and stops. Say that there is already a copy of the Arturia files there. Is there a way, to change a config file or something - to point at the SSD where I have already installed the files?

If anyone has figured this out - i would greatly appreciate hearing how to make it work. Thanks!

Joe
Maybe (at your own risk):
-- rename (or remove) the folders on the SSD,
-- do the move using the second computer,
-- make sure that the SSD works on either computer,
-- remove the renamed folders, if needed.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

:)

waltercruz wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Anyone have idea where it in the latest update plugs ?
I did check Mini V, Jup8, ARP 2600, but not see new convolution reverb in all of this. (In Jup and Arp just their standard algo reverbs, and in MiniV no reverbs at all, as before).
Or i miss something.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 am
I did check Mini V, Jup8, ARP 2600, but not see new convolution reverb in all of this. (In Jup and Arp just their standard algo reverbs, and in MiniV no reverbs at all, as before).
Or i miss something.
Nope, can't see convolution reverb

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:11 pm Nope, can't see convolution reverb
Hm, then at least would interesting to know for what exactly instrument it was implemented in latest update ).

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Or i miss something.
If you read the notes breakdown it says the convolution reverb was added to Stage (e-piano) and the Synthi.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:12 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Or i miss something.
If you read the notes breakdown it says the convolution reverb was added to Stage (e-piano) and the Synthi.
I can't find it in Synthi either 8) Both Synthi reverbs - in the reverberation section at front panel (two knobs), and in the FX section at upper advanced panel - already was before, in the same form.

Return to “Instruments”