Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

and look at the quality of support you get for your 179eu

I don’t know. I never had an issue or any need for help. I just know that they are very good synths. What is your experience?
Yorgos Simeonidis

i’m not sure what you want from me
u-he support is always there
pulsar modular’s hasn’t always

I see. So what you say is that the 129€ was not justified by the quality of support the old Pulsar Modular offered. I can't disagree. Let's see how things go with the new owner.
Yorgos Simeonidis

dave dove wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:00 pm from my perspective:
some geezer codes a beautiful sounding soft synth and prices it quite high
the UI is not great - particularly on laptops
is au only

said geezer vanishes periodically - occasionally re-appearing to do updates and ting
(meanwhile other people are coding good stuff too - and charging less for it)
then sells to a Facebook page who cut out a chunk of geezer's code, slap an unpleasant graphic on it
and sell at stupid price... 132 euros - really?

I'm dyslexic and getting old
I can't look at Lunar Lander never mind use it
in the meantime other companies have also got everything pretty much right
no brainer

Dave
Haha...what's an old curmudgeon like you going to do with a synth anyway? :hihi:

Wow, just keep digging yourself into the ground even more. Are older people not supposed to use synths, now? What a dick.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:49 am Wow, just keep digging yourself into the ground even more. Are older people not supposed to use synths, now? What a dick.
To be fair, he is just trying to make a friendly joke. The problem is that everything he's currently doing suggests that he's not interested in making friends, and is quite happy to alienate his company from his potential market.

Self-sabotage is perhaps fine for developers who price their products low enough that people will just put aside their feelings for the developer, and pay. But over-pricing products, seemingly out of arrogance, and a misplace 'play' for notoriety?...Nah, mate! :roll:

Perhaps this thread could be moved to a new 'schadenfreude' section of the forum :tu:

Also, Dave makes a strange target for such a comment, given he not only plays synths but builds them, as well :shrug:

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:49 am Wow, just keep digging yourself into the ground even more. Are older people not supposed to use synths, now? What a dick.
Did you read what he originally wrote? I simply replied in kind.

Despite the name I am no longer affiliated with PM. Just a user here like anyone else so I don't need to take insults like that quietly.

Ha, indeed the username threw me off. Apologies for dishing out, but what you replied didn't really read to me like a joke, especially since Dave's post contains some valid concerns regarding certain aspects of where P900 is heading...

Hi pulamodular,

Despite the name I am no longer affiliated with PM. Just a user here like anyone else so I don't need to take insults like that quietly.

Forgive him, he is young, lonely and has no idea about synths.

hey pulsarmodular
i thought you were joking...
round here Geezer’s not an insult
and neither is curmudgeon
no offence intended
was more concerned about the future of your beautiful code
all the best
dave

@el-bo
thanks for the words
whilst i’m not averse to a bit of dsp
i can’t read/write wordy code - dyslexic
and wouldn’t put myself in that high category being discussed
P900 is very very good - i get to play with the moog version quite often and it really is something

dave dove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:27 pm hey pulsarmodular
i thought you were joking...
round here Geezer’s not an insult
and neither is curmudgeon
no offence intended
was more concerned about the future of your beautiful code
all the best
dave

@el-bo
thanks for the words
whilst i’m not averse to a bit of dsp
i can’t read/write wordy code - dyslexic
and wouldn’t put myself in that high category being discussed
P900 is very very good - i get to play with the moog version quite often and it really is something
I accept the explanation. I think in US English geezer has a very different connotation...

Anyway, what does not appear to be fully appreciated by many is the difficulty to have a sustainable business writing plugins. Ziad and team are very aware that my business model did not work at all and they must try something different. I wish them well! If you want cheap plugins above all...well, you will eventually get what you pay for.

It's not about plugins being cheap, it's about being priced fairly. If they want to get into or close to 4-digit area that is practically a suicide and it's NOT gonna work.

pulsarmodular wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am I think in US English geezer has a very different connotation...
Woah, what does it mean over there. Here it's just 'bloke', 'chap', 'lad' ........

Return to “Instruments”