Fabfilter synth plugs, worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
One Twin 3

Still like Twin2, goto for quickly dialing in sounds. Sometimes i might go and swap another synth in to replicate the sound there, but often i am quite happy with Twin2 as it is. Has aged quite well i think, except for the non resizable interface.
Andy is a support ninja.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm Quintessential FabFilter plugin in order: Pro-Q 3 -> Pro-L 2 -> Pro-C 2.

IMO, rest all are only nice to have and for which there are better and cheaper alternatives available.
so, which alternative for twin 2

No I do not like the twin 2 it is very rolled off high end for no reason

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm Quintessential FabFilter plugin in order: Pro-Q 3 -> Pro-L 2 -> Pro-C 2.

IMO, rest all are only nice to have and for which there are better and cheaper alternatives available.
If you are asking what synth from other company to buy you could go with any of them

There is synth master which is very cheap and much more featured

poopinpants wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:22 pm

If you are asking what synth from other company to buy you could go with any of them

There is synth master which is very cheap and much more featured
i mean, i already have plenty of full-featured synths :)

The closest one I could think of, would have been Audio Damage's Basic which has been superseded by Continua and is now not really comparable.

Twin 2 is on its surface a very basic synth, with 3 oscillators followed by a filter section and delay effect.

The reason for wanting Twin 2, or using Twin 2 when there are so many options out there with more features are either because you like its sound and/or you like its simplicity and/or you like the modulation options.

I love the modulation in Twin 2, but it can get a messy the more complex it gets, but that's when its great that you don't have as many features to modulate as found on other synths.

I personally like the sound of it. I think sometimes its hard to compare Twin 2 because it doesn't have as many onboard FX as other synths so the sound can be somewhat dry comparatively... but once you run that through your own FX chain, none of that matters.

If someone is just learning how to sound design in a synth, I think this is a great plugin to work with. After that, its just a matter of taste.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm

TALmod
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm so, which alternative for twin 2
TALmod
kinda but not really
elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm The closest one I could think of, would have been Audio Damage's Basic which has been superseded by Continua and is now not really comparable.

Twin 2 is on its surface a very basic synth, with 3 oscillators followed by a filter section and delay effect.

The reason for wanting Twin 2, or using Twin 2 when there are so many options out there with more features are either because you like its sound and/or you like its simplicity and/or you like the modulation options.

I love the modulation in Twin 2, but it can get a messy the more complex it gets, but that's when its great that you don't have as many features to modulate as found on other synths.

I personally like the sound of it. I think sometimes its hard to compare Twin 2 because it doesn't have as many onboard FX as other synths so the sound can be somewhat dry comparatively... but once you run that through your own FX chain, none of that matters.

If someone is just learning how to sound design in a synth, I think this is a great plugin to work with. After that, its just a matter of taste.
i've been playing with it for the past two days, and the basic osc sound is weak. triangle is not really a triangle, saws and squares are much better in i.e. Hive...
However, filters are neat.
FF one filter has a nifty assymetric soft clip, and others have a specific taste to them.
I really like the filters, it has so many types and its fun to fool around with them.

i wish they updated it, made oscillators better and refreshed the GUI in saturn 2 manner.
as the future is uncertain since they don't seem to be focusing on synths anymore, i'm not sure whether its worth 58€ which is my discount price with summer discount included.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:04 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm so, which alternative for twin 2
TALmod
kinda but not really
elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm The closest one I could think of, would have been Audio Damage's Basic which has been superseded by Continua and is now not really comparable.

i've been playing with it for the past two days, and the basic osc sound is weak. triangle is not really a triangle, saws and squares are much better in i.e. Hive...
However, filters are neat.
FF one filter has a nifty assymetric soft clip, and others have a specific taste to them.
I really like the filters, it has so many types and its fun to fool around with them.

i wish they updated it, made oscillators better and refreshed the GUI in saturn 2 manner.
as the future is uncertain since they don't seem to be focusing on synths anymore, i'm not sure whether its worth 58€ which is my discount price with summer discount included.
SUre , talmod can do almost everything fabfilter twin does ( except the lfo's ) but with a superior quality .
Talmod and tranzistow is where it's at :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”