ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

Looks like the bug report by TR4 on March 24 is still there. I just added a folder of samples to an existing folder, and now the existing folder seems to have nothing in it.

Yeah we fixed a lot of 'grey folder' issues but still some remain. They're being worked on right now.

That is good to hear. I really want to use ADSR Sample Manager, but this is a show stopper for me.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm And I think I've found a bug. When I set a new tag e.g. "chord" then there are two "chord" entries in the tag-library. My tag "chord" and the automatically set tag "chord". This is confusing.
Looks like the add tag in the sample section is missing the duplicate detection that the add tag in the tag library section has.

i'll add a ticket. thanks.

There's a way to "rename" a tag? Without having to add a new tag to a bunch of sounds and then to remove the one assigned automatically?
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Wow, I was really happy I've found ADSR Sample Manager, but now I see it has some issues and they're worked on a bit slow - pity.
I have just scanned one of my samples folders, and refreshed also, but still it is on 99% with tagging paused.
What's going on?
Is this being actively maintained and updated? To me it seems vastly superior to loopcloud manager, but these bugs and some omissions are a bit annoying and disappointing indeed.

Add me for FRs on global volume control and ability to show the full path of samples (I could not believe there was no volume control other than sample gain).
It's almost there, please don't abandon it.

- Mario

Oh well, I removed and re-added the folder that was hung on "99% - paused" and guess what, now it re-analyzed everything in that folder and finished successfully in a few minutes... go figure.

- Mario

That happens to be all the time. And sometimes folders are greyed out, and I can't access its subfolders from within ADSR's browser. i then have to remove that location and re-add it.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:55 pm That happens to be all the time. And sometimes folders are greyed out, and I can't access its subfolders from within ADSR's browser. i then have to remove that location and re-add it.
rsp
Also, every time I load the plugin, it says something is changed in the lobrary folder and asks to refresh.
I'm pretty sure nothing is being changed in those folders...

EDIT: REAPER Media Explorer was writing .reapeaks files in the sample folders, so ADSR Sample Manager was right in complaining about changes.

But ... now I'm back to a folder with 97% tagging and paused.

A 1.6.0 update is badly needed...

- Mario

Yes. I would love to use this too, but the bugs are real show stoppers. I cannot add any new subfolders to existing folders without the folders becoming grey.

Since I just started using it, I received a request to review it in exchange for a 10% discount coupon.
Well, they asked for it so... :D

- Mario

Version 1.6 is out, there are enhancements and bug fixes, I will check it :)

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... le-manager

- Mario

Thanks
ADSR Sample Manager 1.6.0 Release Notes

- Expand your library - Browse a near-unlimited library of sounds
- Added global gain/normalise control
- Added find sounds with similar tags
- Added double click to start playback on waveform
- Added playback stops when host playback stops
- Improved tagging and loop/oneshot/BPM detection
- Improved drag and drop behaviour
- Improved audio performance
- Improved free text searching in OR mode
- Improved missing folder location behaviour
- Improved target key selection behaviour
- Improved random button behaviour
- Fixed issues with multi-select when more than 1000 results shown
- Fixed issue where sample list could reset to top in some situations
- Fixed ask for refresh notification showing too often
- Fixed issue when downloaded file path names become too long in Windows
- Fixed issue when filtering by a sample's folder
- Fixed greyed out folder issue
- Fixed critical bug when upgrading from very old versions
- Various UI improvements & other minor bug fixes

rsp
sound sculptist

Hmmm not sure, it doesn't say all of that is new in 1.6, rather "recently added"...

EDIT: ok, it shows up here:

https://software.adsrsounds.com/sample_ ... enotes.php

- Mario

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”