One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted. Good month again, voting was hard cause it is really easy to get good sounds out of Odin and it seem everyone managed to squeeze some magic from it.

Hi all,

Now Odin2 is out in the new version 2.2.0. I cheked my presets if they are still working and so I put them into a zip-file. You will see much more sounds than I used for the track. Some sounds are just ideas and not finished. But I think they can be a starting point. You find this in the attachment below:
Photonic_Odin2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

I voted today. First time voting so I had to strike up some criteria for assigning points. Here's what I used:

5 pts - Liked it enough to want to hear it again.
4 pts - Liked it all the way to the end.
3 pts - good sounds - Able to listen to the whole song.
2 pts - Most parts are boring and nothing stands out.
1 pt - Only listen again if forced.

I also adjusted up or down based on finding some parts that really impressed me or maybe ruined the effect.

Enjoyable listening. The Odin 2 synth has a lot going for it. Kudos to the Wave Warden.

Voted. Two tracks - very different ones - superior, to my taste.

voted

Voted)

For me, the most difficult thing was to evaluate one instance tracks (and one two instance), because these are completely different restrictions and approach to work... It seems that soon we will need an alternative rating scale, as there are more and more such works :D !)
TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:54 am
IV! wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm What happens: if a sound or chord is taken with a preset that has a long fade - out, then this sound or chord is played again (this causes the played keys to stick, which I can cancel if I click on all the played notes again).
Hmmm sorry, I don't get what's happening: A chord is taken with a preset - it is played again?
So you play the notes and they sound two times? The second time is on note-off?

Sorry to hear you had troubles and it hindered your OSC entry :neutral:
No, Odin II does not respond to note off by repeating the played notes. But the current notes start playing again when I minimize / expand the Cakewalk or stop in the middle the party recorded with Odin II. Unfortunately, this also happens in the new version( Fortunately, I made the track and am quite happy with it, but I would like to continue using this VST masterpiece!)

Here are my presets, if anyone needs them) Tested in the new version of Odin II, sound good :hihi:
IV's Presets.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voted!
Great synth and a lot of great tracks this month!! :clap: :clap:

Voted!
Unfortunately, this month, until now, I didn't had the time to stop and listen to all songs. So I gave a 5 to everybody for participating in this super cool challenge and for being members of this amazing community. Congratulations to everybody! :D :clap:

Voted
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I have a question about soundcloud stats. I looked at mine for the first time ever today. It shows how many times each one of you has listened to my songs. A person could feel pretty cynical about the OSC after seeing that. Are soundcloud stats just really not very accurate?

empphryio wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:06 am I have a question about soundcloud stats. I looked at mine for the first time ever today. It shows how many times each one of you has listened to my songs. A person could feel pretty cynical about the OSC after seeing that. Are soundcloud stats just really not very accurate?
Not sure what you're asking... the stats are accurate, as far as I know (at least they used to be). Listening, for example, on the OSC voting page might be anonymous of course, as the user may not be logged in to Soundcloud...

z.prime wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:48 am
empphryio wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:06 am I have a question about soundcloud stats. I looked at mine for the first time ever today. It shows how many times each one of you has listened to my songs. A person could feel pretty cynical about the OSC after seeing that. Are soundcloud stats just really not very accurate?
Not sure what you're asking... the stats are accurate, as far as I know (at least they used to be). Listening, for example, on the OSC voting page might be anonymous of course, as the user may not be logged in to Soundcloud...
Yeah, unless I'm missing something in my stats, I don't think we should jump to conclusions and think the worst of each other. :)

I've attached an example from one of my tracks below. Judging by the numbers, many listeners are not shown by name - of 127 total listens, only a handful of the names are displayed.

As z.prime says, some are anonymous. And I think we have different ways to listen - I sometimes record the entire playlist to my DAW, so I can go back and forth between tracks easily to compare sound quality, separate close calls, that sort of thing. Or I might download the tracks for my walks.

In those cases, only a single listen or download will be counted.

Here are the weekly stats for the track I mentioned:
stats-week.jpg
And here is the breakdown per listener in the same period:
stats-listeners.jpg
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

You have 190 auditions and 3 likes, for example I have 134 auditions and 3 likes... I don't know if voting auditions counts, but even without them, each of the 40 participants of the month listened to my track 3-4 times, maybe someone else... I am quite happy with my statistics!) More of the auditions happens to those who posted the song before. Those who have a lot of subscribers outside of OSC get a lot more auditions :hihi:

Question concerning the base of the Soundcloud statistics: how do they define the "listener" (audition)? Those who listened 100 % of the track, or some other base?
All the OSC evaluators do not necessarely listen the whole track of all the candidates, but in some cases some part(s) of the song.

I listen to the tracks as they get posted and sometimes drop a comment. I then listen to the tracks more carefully when I come to vote, but already have an idea in my mind as to which tracks I think are up the top.

Comments are the one thing which I suspect are more valuable than a few steps up the charts!!!!!!!!

dB

Return to “Instruments”