IK Ampocalypse sale

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
glokraw
KVRAF
7590 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:28 pm

IK forgot to include a cyclone fence with Linda Hamilton's skeleton staring haplessy into the inferno. She'll be back!

Ampocalypse_MAX.jpg
After telecode posted that Amplitube Metal was free, I started twitching :hyper: Then I watched the estimable Mr. Huart gleefully demo Amplitube Brian May (which boosted his street creds regarding Sunset Studio Reverb videos) and added Metal to my Amplitube sundries. And then I see this sale... :scared:

Oh well...I'm in, at last! :dog: I must admit, it's great fun just going through IK's warehouse of stomps, many of which are totally new to me. And amps for which I have no room for, if I could even afford them all :( Jam Points let me afford Amplitube MAX, and it's all working great in my Linux Ubuntu Studio, a sign of solid programming to me!

My first impression is that a herd of wild horses was approaching, and when I opened the corral, they all charged in, and are happily stomping up a storm. :party:

Did I say :party: ?

(I realize that the latest-greatest modeling tech is in the brand-new Satriani collection, reviewed nicely, earlier, but there's no room left in the corral, until 2021 or so, and the gear I'm testing sounds great)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by glokraw on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw
KVRAF

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear

This is the page that tells all that's included, in MAX, with a useful sentance or paragraph for each of 300 items. Like a T-Rex Replika delay pedal, which the read more says is the best delay pedal evah, used By Pete Townsend and John Mayer.
Cheers

glokraw
KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Vintage 2012, but this Carvin V3M amp from the MAX ampocalypse sale will be a favorite here:
Carvin-Rak-Timemachine.png
a
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mumpcake
KVRian
1319 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:28 pm

I never got into that one. If we are talking about the custom shop models I prefer the Engl models.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

glokraw
KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:16 pm

I tried the Engl Powerball, and it seems to be faster responding to picking, better playability, and I need all the help I canget. And the range of sounds was excellent, my new favorite :hyper: The clean tones made me think I had lighter gauge strings, and sounded great using z3ta multi-effects that are synth presets,
but do double duty around here.
Glad you shared your opinion!

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
7030 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:40 am

The Powerball and the SLO-100 are standouts to me for harder tones.
EXPOSED (as sounding ******* fantastic!) Tipping over armchairs for over 10 years
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb | AmpliTube Joe Satriani | AmpliTube Brian May

glokraw
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:03 pm

I tried SLO-100 using Fulltone's OCD as stomp, Tercs as Insert, and SS-Delay as rack :lol:
Sometimes things are so good, it just makes you laugh as you turn down the guitar volume knob just a hair.
Getting spoiled here with MAX. As a side effect, not having to dodge presets of uninstalled gear, is really really suite :wink:

And it's educational as well, for those of us yet to work in a Guitar Center, or play in a
wealthy band, to access unknown stomps, racks, amps, cabs, mics, etc
...there are still wealthy bands, aren't there? :scared:

Return to “Effects”