Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Looks like I will hit the trifecta this seek! :)
and going for broke! :(

FathomSynth wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:47 am ...I basically rewrote the entire sound engine

...As you all know features will include:

...Intel AVX Parallel Processing.
Attached a brief example of two fathom pads,
and layered the first half with the second half,
to squeeze it into the attachment size limit
(so technically four parts) and got lucky enough.
Slow, semi-orchestral. yawwwnnnn

...the apparently now old and obsolete sound engine...

Trying to imagine using a large stack of
shiny new AVX Fathoms to orchestrate
and jam... :hyper: the mind boggles :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:D Just a bump out to curiosity - Mr Fathom I'm waiting to throw my money at you ... :D
Any news about the upcoming release. I'm really curiose

Will there be a public beta of the new version made available?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

FathomSynth wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:35 pm Fathom's arpeggiator will be developed based partly on my own intuition of how an arpeggiator should work ideally and also based on user input.
Here is my "user input". In my brains eye I can see this working but I could be also be way off base.

Waveform Arp.

Perhaps this be done in fathom in the future such that you can insert an audio sample and anywhere you put the cursor on the waveform or better yet spectralform it will spew out an arpeggio? The higher up the cursor the higher the pitch, the lower the cursor the lower the pitch. There will be options as to the length of the audio sample to be used in the arpeggio.

I suppose this will be an Audio Arp rather than a Midi Arp. Perhaps a midi arp can be used in conjunction.

Infinity https://hitnmix.com/ in their RipScripts has Chord Creator that does something like this but it makes chords of the cursor location on the waveform. So one step further and make an arpeggio of the waveform at the cursor. Why not, let’s do both the arpeggio and chord generation.

This will be great on a multi-touch screen. Treat the GUI as a control surface and play

Just wondering, is there a way to swap out modules without having to delete and add another? Say I want to experiment with different filters.

Good suggestion! No, there isn't at the moment.

Hi everyone, sorry to be away. There were no comments in the thread for a long time so it did not look like the thread was being used anymore. I'll try to check more regularly again.

Things are going well so here's an update.

The Fathom 3.0 Beta is done and was very successful. We had around 20 users involved and as of now all users were able to run the new license system and run the new Intel AVX parallel processing no problem. A special build was made for AVX1 for users with processors that required it and that worked perfectly as well. Also another very positive part of the beta is that the new license system is so easy to use that there was not a single complaint. It is basically a one button press. So that will help the project immensely.

I'm very close to making the official release of Fathom 3.0.

The release is taking a long time because I have a lot of my own testing which needs to be done. This is a major release with radical new features so there was no way to short cut on the testing.

A public beta is a great idea. However, I am so close to the real release I'm not sure if it makes sense. I'll think about that over the next few days.

No there is currently no way to drop in replace an audio unit. It's on my feature list.

Great news :party: Thank you for the update!

New demo for the Trance Warehouse bank (coming out with 3.0)

https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3302/ ... e_feel.mp3

Feature request (probably too late for 3.0, sorry, maybe to consider for 3.1): effect presets. For example, fractal reverb has 27 parameters. I bet it can do some amazing things, but it's a few hours' work to understand and adjust all those settings. If there were a drop-down menu within the reverb unit giving me ten or fifteen presets, that would be a great way to get a feel for the potential. Being able to save my own effect presets (just for one effect, not the whole patch; similar to the way you can save a single modulator) would be a bonus.

Good Idea

Post Deleted.

Not long now, so one last mp3 from the great 233
Looking forward to the new sounds, as well as
exploring the depths of presets currently beyond i7 :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How much will the next major version of Fathom cost if I want the full bundle?

Return to “Instruments”