Intrancersonic-DS - A New Studio One & Digital Tech / CGI Production Site

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the first time On KVR, I can now reveal for what has felt more like 6 months than 6 weeks since I started this, a new website which although still has a bit to go yet, to include what I know I've still to add, and into the abyss of beyond where I don't know.

There has been many hurdles to jump over and circumvent to get to this point and a lot of changes, and things I've to keep in mind going forward, as I hate having to go back and do things I should have remembered. In any case, the site is divided into sections, and in case you're wondering, there is dedicated side to all things Presonus as well. Selected content about what Presonus has revealed and is yet to reveal will follow in the next weeks and months ahead.

Many of the popular threads i've posted with digital asset projects, reviews of ensembles as well as other users video reviews and such like have and are in the process of being carried over, in addition to tutorials I have made on KVR to help people with the technical side of computing as well. On top of all that, there is a section on digital video production, digital graphic design tools. And if you want to just chill out and relax, there are documentaries and music videos also.

Rather than, include absolutely everything out there and what I've posted here on KVR all at once, I'm taking a more measured approach so information isn't repeated. I've taken a modern approach to the design of the site and consideration in how users navigate it easily such as the zoom arrow which will zip you right back up the screen. (See lower right corner and CTRL plus and minus if you don't see it initially). The site is still being revised and updated daily so content is interesting and easy to get into, and without piling on walls of text to digest in some sections you can find on there.

As I develop other stuff in other projects, there may be more 3D models and things added related to that side of things, which might benefit others, like textures and stuff. And as you'll expect, there is already some of my portfolio content there as well already.

Anyway... I hope for some, that this will be of value to you. If not... jog on... (with a face mask preferably). :)

Open to suggestions on what you'd like to see added...

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Lazerlight thinks it’s awesome
:D
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Well that's a mess isn't it? If you're on the 'Scores' page, you can't get to the bottom of the left-hand menu. Colours are too stark - almost like it was designed for accessibility purposes. Does not follow any modern design philosophy. Seems more geared towards non-music creative works. Confusing. No content in the main central area on the home page. Mish-mash. Not focused. Jogging on then.

burkek wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:50 am Well that's a mess isn't it? If you're on the 'Scores' page, you can't get to the bottom of the left-hand menu. Colours are too stark - almost like it was designed for accessibility purposes. Does not follow any modern design philosophy. Seems more geared towards non-music creative works. Confusing. No content in the main central area on the home page. Mish-mash. Not focused. Jogging on then.
Thanks for the feedback... didn't notice navigation issue on my desktop PC machine when using the scalable browser but did on my 1080P TV. Moved the project section to the right side instead. In the process of adding a page listing of the key blue sections. I have other ideas in how this can be expanded. What modern means to you is probably different to what I think modern is, I did look at your site for comparison :wink:.. At the moment there is a fair balance between music and CGI related content, with film production being the weaker side although CGI video programs kinda mix in with that, there are lots of videos though, and of which are music based. The site isn't focused on one thing, it's focused on the digital creative arts as a whole. Not getting into a debate, but thanks for the feedback anyway..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Not so sure about the side panels that keep on scrolling. it can generate some pseudo sea sickness in people who are sensitive to that opposing movement. The black background makes it worse since the text is accentuated, as well as electric blue on black, and therefore create even more movement when those side panels continue scrolling. If you feel strongly about the color scheme, I would suggest keeping the side panels static.

JoaquinAce wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 pm Not so sure about the side panels that keep on scrolling. it can generate some pseudo sea sickness in people who are sensitive to that opposing movement. The black background makes it worse since the text is accentuated, as well as electric blue on black, and therefore create even more movement when those side panels continue scrolling. If you feel strongly about the color scheme, I would suggest keeping the side panels static.
Well, for me anyway I do like the floating side bars, but not only that and because if the type of content I have, I feel it's important not to lose that feature because with it off, it's harder to navigate around the site generally. However, I have tweaked the background so it's a more dark grey tone, although I might still darken it slightly. With that, it's revealed some bordering of the gallery sections that were jet black and light grey. So the contrast difference is reduced now between the text which might make it easier for some and counter the scrolling aspect you mentioned. I'm use to using high contrast GUI's so perhaps my eyes are just use to more on my monitors.

See how it fares now...

Thanks...

cool... will keep tabs on it. got it booked :) cheers and good luck with it
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:39 am cool... will keep tabs on it. got it booked :) cheers and good luck with it
Thanks, it's certainly proving to be quite a mental challenge and that of one being patience. Even doing the simplest of things requires a relearning of things which you took like a duck to water 12, 13 years ago and still expect yourself to still know.

This weekend, it's been a recourse in HTML & CSS, deciphering, and repurposing of code to make it fit into another design. The result of which is a new, faded drop down menu system 'Access', located center, below that of the pages. This allows one to access the sub menus that lay either side, but only if they need or want to, depending on the webpage magnification and that of the device they are accessing the web page from be that pc or mobile device. Because it's hover over based, it means that there doesn't need to be a visible menu that was always there previously so providing a tidier look. So two menu systems are in place and each have their pro's and cons. Some changes were made to adapt for the new menu system also.

i used to code when i was a kid... went to college for computer science but never got into the IT end of things... that was a long time ago back when PASCAL was the new and upcoming language lol but have long since stopped programming. again good luck with it :)
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 am i used to code when i was a kid... went to college for computer science but never got into the IT end of things... that was a long time ago back when PASCAL was the new and upcoming language lol but have long since stopped programming. again good luck with it :)
Yeah back in the 1980's, I use to program BASIC on the old Atari 800 XL, which you can actually find in its real life form, in one of the films I created that resides on that new site. There's a few programming language based programs I've listed on there as well. I actually have my own long story about the discovery of PASCAL, but I'll keep it short... It was part of the first year of a Uni course I did, and I pretty much refused to participate within the class, much to the lecturers' frustration...As much as she tried to convince me of its use, it was clearly based on old and redundant study material. Honestly, it bored the crap out of me, being as it were where you faced a black screen, making pointless programs to calculate a value of something. I got to switch to another subject after 3 months... back in 2005, and went on to study HTML / CSS / PHP / Actionscript... in the following years of Uni. Since graduating all those years ago, I've been able to tap into the scripting side of things with GUI design projects for VST instruments and utility programs, which is less painful and more fun...comparatively...although graphic design and music production are really the core areas I've focused on all my life.

Today I did some graphical refinements, and code clean-ups on the graphical animations and presentation side.

i taught myself BASIC from the back of magazines and my first computer was the Radio Shack CoCo... i got it a week before it was released to the general public... so when i got to college around '83 i was leaps and bounds ahead of the others. by the time i left college i was doing hex, machine, binary and was just starting to dabble in PASCAL. but i quit programming when it became more like work 24/7... would rather dig ditches lol. at least digging ditches you could prop your feet up and relax after the ditch was dug unlike programming... you can never relax from it. you would always be working things out in your head... flags, bugs, loops, etc etc loved it while it was fun... but it lost it's luster.

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:40 am i taught myself BASIC from the back of magazines and my first computer was the Radio Shack CoCo... i got it a week before it was released to the general public... so when i got to college around '83 i was leaps and bounds ahead of the others. by the time i left college i was doing hex, machine, binary and was just starting to dabble in PASCAL. but i quit programming when it became more like work 24/7... would rather dig ditches lol. at least digging ditches you could prop your feet up and relax after the ditch was dug unlike programming... you can never relax from it. you would always be working things out in your head... flags, bugs, loops, etc etc loved it while it was fun... but it lost it's luster.
Interesting, it was back in 1981 when I first laid my hands on a computer, which was a Sinclair ZX81. No sound, black and white blocks that moved around the screen and a dodgy connected 16k ram expansion pack on the back. It's sitting on top of the Atari 800 XL as I type on a table. Beautiful in its simplicity with game like Space Invaders, an object that wasn't human and appeared to have a life of it's own on your TV screen. One can't help feel fortunate to have been at the beginning where home computers were so basic, and to live through the decades of evolution of change in how they have evolved to what they are today in what they are able to do. The 80's where you could spend anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes for games to load from tape on 8 Bit machines, an air of anticipation like opening a Christmas present to play your favourite games. I've still got many of the games for the Atari system, but the machine itself no longer works for an unknown reason, so I can't play them. Online emulators are out there though.

During my second year HNC of the Uni, I had class called Fundamentals, which was a fusion of mathematics and computing, with sections relating to binary and hexadecimal conversions, which of course related to calculations and colour, how screens displayed images., ect.. The lecturer was one of the smartest people I've met, and I think in the entire Uni with what level of subjects he was teaching at. One of those guys, that was fair, funny took no shit, and expected your work handed in whether you finished it or not. In away, it's that discipline that one carries forward that enables you to achieve your objectives, long after studying at College or Uni... very different from High School I felt, because the amount of work was that you managed more so out of class than in it. When you leave that study environment, it takes more self-discipline to complete tasks that you set yourself as the drive comes from within. The same of course can apply to making music, but for me anyway, I need an end goal of purpose to achieve what I do with music, it might be a day to meet that goal or to aid in a film project. One often forgets to take a break when things don't go right or struggle with the impatience to learn something. It can be frustrating, but it's all part of the process I think..

I was updating the migration section of Win 7 to Win 10, earlier, so I probably still have my teaching hat on, hence the above post. It's a bit prettier with pictures.. :)
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

we should feel fortunate... people for the most part can't believe i have played with computers even before the advent of the PC... the computers we apparently started on was by no means a personal computer... more or less just technical toys for the most part but to watch how we got to where we are today is nothing less than amazing. my first games were hard coded out of the back of magazines... small programs were like 5-6+ pages of code ( and could be up to thousands of lines) with no debugging. if you made a mistake typing... you just started over. by college i could already type upwards of 100 wpm with no errors... it flipped the girls out. but it was almost torture to try and find the error... better just to type it all in again. that is actually how i learned BASIC... typing the code over and over from errors and new games/programs it forced me to memorize the syntax and commands out of repetition. my friends and family thought me mad... but i thought it was fun and i loved learning it and seeing what i could do with it. great times if you ask me.

speaking of cassettes... it was horrible to try and find the end of one program and find the beginning of the next. lol i can STILL hear that in my head and people thought it horrid the little bit they heard waiting on dial up connections. to me... actually listening to computers talk was worse than finger nails on a chalkboard lol thank God for optic drives :) cheers

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:07 am Lazerlight thinks it’s awesome
:D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”