Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Rack Extension is out!

Due to RE limitations the step sequencer is on the front, but I think it makes it even better!

https://www.synapse-audio.com/rackexten ... ssion.html

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... obsession/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

BONES wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 am
v1o wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:21 pmGood review from Starsky Carr
I'm sorry but a good review is not 38 minutes long. 8 minutes, maybe, although 4 or 5 should be plenty.
The title is Review, Demo and Walkthrough though - I think it's great to have in-depth videos like this :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

i agree :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:48 pmThe title is Review, Demo and Walkthrough though - I think it's great to have in-depth videos like this :)
I could do it in 5 minutes, easily. It takes him more than a minute just to get started. Who has time for that? After five minutes he hasn't told me anything I couldn't see for myself in two.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:25 pm I could do it in 5 minutes, easily.
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

No, the point is no "blah", just the info you need.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 am No, the point is no "blah", just the info you need.
No, the point is that you haven't provided the info that anyone needs, just your usual tedious, unnecessary 12 year old goth level critique of someone else efforts.
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

Hardly a critique, I only watched five minutes of it. It's a general thing - I simply don't have time to sit and watch a 40 minute video on anything. e.g. I recently took a week off work so I could concentrate on learning a new 3D modelling/animation application. I spent 4 or 5 hours a day watching YT tutorial videos on my Surface Pro while doing the work on my big laptop and the longest video I watched for that was 12 minutes or so. And trust me, 3D modelling and animation is orders of magnitude more complicated than any VSTi. If someone can manage to teach me how to create realistic flowing water using a fluid simulation in under 10 minutes, then anyone should be able to show us everything a synth as simple as OBsession can do in half that time.

I managed to find 40 minutes to watch Starsky's video and I actually plan to watch it again. Really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:25 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:48 pmThe title is Review, Demo and Walkthrough though - I think it's great to have in-depth videos like this :)
I could do it in 5 minutes, easily. It takes him more than a minute just to get started. Who has time for that? After five minutes he hasn't told me anything I couldn't see for myself in two.
Richard rightly knows that most folks would prefer 45 minutes with somebody good than 45 mores seconds listening to your opinion, which we've all had in spades throughout this thread and don't really need to hear any more.
Last edited by revvy on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Oh, poor bubba. Grow the hell up. If you're happy to waste your time, be my guest.

ok b
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I'd rather spend 40 minutes trying the demo than watching a video of someone else do it

Are those 2 acts mutually exclusive?

revvy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:17 am Are those 2 acts mutually exclusive?
trying it yourself is useful
watching someone else do it isnt

so....

does it work on my system?
does it make sounds i like?
is it easy to learn to program?
those kinda things... the stuff you won't get from a video

a tutorial video might be useful for ppl who need it, but this kinda stuff is your basic monetizing waffle....

Return to “Instruments”