All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cptgone wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:29 pm I do (but I'm weird. I listen to Sonic Youth
whats weird about thst?
doesnt everybody listen to them?
if not, they bloody well should.

Not when I was young, not where I lived.

cptgone wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:36 pm Not when I was young, not where I lived.

me neither, had a fair few friends who did...

but it was a joke like, theyre such a big part of my life i just assumed it was natural ;)

i still think they should regroup as "sonic boomers" :hihi:

cptgone wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:29 pm I do (but I'm weird. I listen to Sonic Youth and industrial music)
Thanks. I made a pedal that sounds like that, I'm just wondering if it would be worth trying to re-brand it as some kind of noise maker pedal.

vurt wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:43 pm i still think they should regroup as "sonic boomers" :hihi:
Driving red convertibles.

I had a short test run with my new fuzzes. First impressions:
- Cuvave Fuzz: compact, heavy for the size, wonderful velcro fuzz for a silly price.
- Dunlop Fuzz Face Bonamassa FFM4: broad range of sounds (OD-ish to raw fuzz), not the loudest FF at lower volume settings - as expected, my Fuzz Face FFM6 Band of Gypsies seems to remain my favourite Fuzz Face (I also own a FFM3 silicon Hendrix) but remember, YMMV.

The band of gypsies fuzz is completely different from any other fuzz face I’ve tried. I imagine a very soft sounding germanium fuzz face would be the way to go if you’re looking for something different.

cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:41 pm I had a short test run with my new fuzzes. First impressions:
- Cuvave Fuzz: compact, heavy for the size, wonderful velcro fuzz for a silly price.
- Dunlop Fuzz Face Bonamassa FFM4: broad range of sounds (OD-ish to raw fuzz), not the loudest FF at lower volume settings - as expected, my Fuzz Face FFM6 Band of Gypsies seems to remain my favourite Fuzz Face (I also own a FFM3 silicon Hendrix) but remember, YMMV.
Why has the Cuvave Fuzz got a USB port!
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

khanyz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 pm Why has the Cuvave Fuzz got a USB port!
Power only, IIRC.

cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:37 pm
khanyz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 pm Why has the Cuvave Fuzz got a USB port!
Power only, IIRC.
A bit weird. USB is 5V so is it upped to 9V or left as sag?
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

I don’t know about that one but a Fuzz Face circuit doesn’t require much power. Eric Johnson says he can hear the difference between brands of batteries in a Fuzz Face and I agree with him, the cheap 2-for-$1 9V’s at the dollar store sound the best to me.

Went up the attic to check the manual.
This is where things get suspicious.
No mention of the USB port...
...it's even omitted from the drawing that shows what is what.
Must be a secret port, then. Damn guitar riff thieves...

It's not just this fuzz, the whole range has (what looks like) a USB port.

It’s got to either be for powering the pedal or for powering your phone. Please try! The suspense is killing me!

My first fuzz noodlings using Ebay Green Russian
Fuzzism
Caline Orange Burst also.
Orange Burst
Details are here.
Reuploaded audio with less processing.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Return to “Guitars”