One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:11 am Question concerning the base of the Soundcloud statistics: how do they define the "listener" (audition)? Those who listened 100 % of the track, or some other base?
All the OSC evaluators do not necessarely listen the whole track of all the candidates, but in some cases some part(s) of the song.
Listening counts if you started a track, even if you listened to it for a few seconds (checked).
I absolutely agree with Doctor Bob about the greatest value of comments! :tu:

@IV! Yup, getting i the top 5 is only say just over 10%-15% of the challengers in many OSC's, so, maybe 90% don't get a prize!!! But, the biggest prize to me is getting a real "pat on the back" from one of the "seasoned" OSC-ers You know, it's just "nice" to be appreciated. To that end, I always try to respond to every comment, good or bad and those giving "advice", as a common courtesy. Call me old fashioned, but at my ancient age, that's allowed -

dB

I mean the stats show exactly how many times each person listened and for that I think it's very inaccurate, now that I think more about it. Especially for the OSC. I think that if you are listening at onesynthchallenge or via KVR, soundcloud can't ID you. And something like 70% of listens occur that way. I think that's what happens so nothing to be cynical about. (It's not actually that some people aren't actually listening and half of you only listen one single time each month.)

Also I don't know why I even looked in the first place. Feels a bit stalkerish. I doubt I ever will again. Also as far as unID'd listens I almost feel like I get too many, like I'm not good enough to take up that much of people's time.
To sum: pretty sure the stats are mostly inaccurate. Don't even look.

Voted too. Sorry I did not had much time to leave comments !

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:16 am ...Comments are the one thing which I suspect are more valuable than a few steps up the charts!!!!!!!!
:tu:
doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:33 am To that end, I always try to respond to every comment, good or bad and those giving "advice", as a common courtesy. Call me old fashioned, but at my ancient age, that's allowed -
:tu: And not only is it allowed :wink:...it is greatly appreciated too. By me, at least. One can't be old fashioned enough is this regard IMO. Mmm...must be getting old.
empphryio wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm ...To sum: pretty sure the stats are mostly inaccurate. Don't even look.
Look, don't look..at the stats, or the voting sheet ; it doesn't matter. Make the best track you can and you're a winner ! :clap:

voted

I finished voting last night!
Good luck everyone, really good entries and lots of diversity!

I have voted!

So many great tracks, Good Luck to All!
One in particular I would have happily given Ten Points if I could! :o :hail:

Also - great to see so many taking up the 'One Instance Challenge' :tu:

vOtEd.

+-+ Voted +-+
Great tracks, great sounds with this synth.
I am sorry that I could not give many comments this time, to small time amount.

Have a great week
K
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

J.T. has been fairly busy so I did the voting for us alone. also, I've been busy so I didn't have time to appreciate the full depth of all of these tracks you folks have made.
When I don't have time to adequately process all of the tracks, I compress my voting range to minimize the impact of any one decision relative to another.

I've also added the patches that I made last month, some of which made it into our track. Most of the non-percussion patches have something on the XY pad and most of the leads and poly patches have modwheel vibrato.
Also included: vocal "yes" and "no" patches that deserve a bit of pitch bend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Voted.

Amazing what happens when a really capable synth hits this competition. I thought the entries were generally terrific -- lots of 5 and 4's - and congrats to the group for really, really creative entries. To those of you who harnessed the formant filters, you have my total admiration. To the single instance masochists - amazing! Really fun month.

As always, thanks to BJ and Richard for holding this together.

I agree... there was a lot of really great submissions this month.

jasinski wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:41 pm Yup. I think this was the best OSC entry ever.
:o

Holy moly. Thanks a lot for the loving comments. Heh. I just came to peek what's going on over here... and noticed the early June discussion about my tweakage some years ago. Awwh. Made my day, and I miss the OSC and going all-in with the challenge, and so on. I've been so damn busy, lately even more so with the whole corona thing mixing up all sorts of work-related plans :?, hmmh. But anyway, yepp, stillll here, have managed to stay healthy -- and hoping to join in at some point in the not-so-distant future again.

And man, seems like the OSC is going strong as ever, with brilliant new stuff coming from you all. Take care, and be seeing ya! :wink:

Final Results: photonic - Coming Home To Asgard is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. photonic - Coming Home To Asgard - 189
2. mmGhost - Autonomous Dream Sequence - 182
3. keith303 - troubled waterbellies from below sealevel - 180
4. MorphedDreams - Odin The Wise Wanderer - 172
5. simanus - Premature Implosion - 172

dq. TheNeverScene - Relentless - 168pts
6. vca089 - Lost Vacation - 166pts
7. bh9090 - TWO - 164pts
8. PeterH - In Memoriam George Floyd - 164pts
9. Ranoka - A Lockdown Summer Staycation - 164pts
10. wireframewolves - Seidr - 162pts
11. L-EctroBit - A Piece Of Moon On The Roof - 161pts
12. Leonard Bowman & J.T.'s Penrose - Desert Stars - 156pts
13. IV - Last Intact String... Of Soul - 152pts
14. ELEX - What goes down...must come up - 151pts
15. ontrackp - Committed Again - 151pts
dq. Jasinski - Myth Slayer - 150pts
16. Tensorman - Moving On - 148pts
17. RichardSemper - Odin Voyage - 146pts
18. doctorbob - Odins Shopping Mall Revenge - 141pts
19. h.s.j.e. - Postmaster Of Valhalla - 139pts
20. Daaf - The Highest Step - 139pts
21. shadowsoflight - Sleipnir's Stride - 139pts
22. RuediRena - Stahl 2 - 136pts
23. ElVincente - Space Sheeps witnessing destruction of Imaginarian Brasil & Burning Cellos - 135
24. Eauson - WaveWarden - 133pts
25. empphryio - Trivigaunte - 132pts
26. Juergen - I've Lost Myself - 132pts
27. nyxeles - The Forgotten Realm Of The Golden Feathers - 125pts
28. roribez - Ghost Clockmaker Symphony - 123pts
29. Identikit - Novodevichy Convent (Life Before the Testimony) - 123pts
30. Hellfog - Radio Interference - 119pts
31. JKF Flashico - To The Night City - 118pts
32. twomonths - Oh God For One More Breath - 114pts
dq. najmind - ODIN2 Arpeggiate Me - 112pts
33. 3lu5iv3 - Pointless Banana - 110pts
34. Tj Shredder - Odin's Arp - 106pts
35. Neptune - Mijofranda Qua4Fun - 105pts
36. digitalxero - Caves - 103pts
37. jpumphandle - Now Is The Time - 100pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

:phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dl1m7kRc6g
Last edited by RichardSemper on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”