DDMF PluginDoctor - Alternatives linear / Harmonics Analysis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Title says it all ... Any Alternatives for https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/ concerning linear and Harmonics Analysis?

Reviews welcome!

I think PluginDoctor is definitely the best deal considering the price and everything it does.

Anyway I also very often use a template track with MMultiAnalyzer to check plugins through the spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am I think PluginDoctor is definitely the best deal considering the price and everything it does.

Anyway I also very often use a template track with MMultiAnalyzer to check plugins through the spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope
Hmm ... But you have to send a Signal through it, right? Which Questjobs/Use Cases? Tell me more please - I'm News to these Topics ... and burning to learn and see more.

I know now why AA Gold or Coffee sound that heavy at the low end, I've seen simple Curves in analog modelling and complex Curves in e.g. Blue Cats EQ. And the bx Consoles are yet the only ones with Movement...

In the End it's all about IRs by the Way...

♥️ DDMF so far - App of the Year!

why do you need an alternative?

bx_consoles "move" because they add noise. Any plugin that adds noise will move.

GRUMP wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 pm
Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am I think PluginDoctor is definitely the best deal considering the price and everything it does.

Hmm ... But you have to send a Signal through it, right? Which Questjobs/Use Cases? Tell me more please - I'm News to these Topics ... and burning to learn and see more.
Yeah I mean, it's not as immediate as I made it sound, but once the "template track" is made and saved it's a matter of 5 seconds everytime it's needed.

The track has this FX chain saved in:

- MOscillator (sends in a sinewave, as you said)
- MMultiAnalyzer (pre-fx color red)
- AB_LM (send mode)
- Plugin to be tested
- AB-LM (receiver mode)
- MMultiAnalyzer (post-fx color green)

The AB_LM is optional and it gain matches the pre and post fx audio, which ends up being very useful

I don't expect everyone to like this :lol: and PluginDoctor might be enough for everything, but I use this template an awful lot, also with the "Stereograph" tab for plugins which mess with the stereo image.

Downside to PluginDoctor is that it's standalone, another contender is available as VST plugin (only freq. response analysis so far): https://www.bertomaudio.com/eqca.html

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 pm why do you need an alternative?

bx_consoles "move" because they add noise. Any plugin that adds noise will move.
True.

RPH wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:31 pm Downside to PluginDoctor is that it's standalone, another contender is available as VST plugin (only freq. response analysis so far): https://www.bertomaudio.com/eqca.html
So what's the benefit of having it as a VST plugin?

Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am
- AB_LM (send mode)
- Plugin to be tested
- AB-LM (receiver mode)
thank you, I'm going to experiment with this. For some reason it never really occurred to me to use two MMultiAnalyzers on the same channel and compare the signals. Strange, it seems so obvious.

Instead of TB_Audio AB_LM you can use NUGEN Master Check as well.

Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Yeah I mean, it's not as immediate as I made it sound, but once the "template track" is made and saved it's a matter of 5 seconds everytime it's needed.

- AB_LM (send mode)
- Plugin to be tested
- AB-LM (receiver mode)

The AB_LM is optional and it gain matches the pre and post fx audio, which ends up being very useful

I don't expect everyone to like this :lol: and PluginDoctor might be enough for everything, but I use this template an awful lot, also with the "Stereograph" tab for plugins which mess with the stereo image.
Interesting... I'll consider it by time... But PD seems more suitable for what I am interested in at the Moment. But I have skipped Measuring for too long and will come back to it for sure!

docdued wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:42 am
RPH wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:31 pm Downside to PluginDoctor is that it's standalone, another contender is available as VST plugin (only freq. response analysis so far): https://www.bertomaudio.com/eqca.html
So what's the benefit of having it as a VST plugin?
Very easy... testing stuff inside a DAW which isn´t available as VST...

I personally found it very interesting to see how the MixFX plugins of Studio One like the CTC-1 are changing the frequency response of the signal as it´s the most noticeable part of it´s sound...

Another big part are DAW exclusive plugins like FL Studio natives, Studio One´s internal FX, the Prochannel of Cakewalk...etc...

This is all impossible to test properly with a stand alone App

By the Way ... Kaspersky makes lots of Trouble while using PD. It wants to generate numerous RegKeys, permanently change Files and even establish Connections to other Servers.

I'd expect such a Behaviour fromm a "Shareware" and treat it corresponding for this Reason 🤨

GRUMP wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am
Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm

- AB_LM (send mode)
- Plugin to be tested
- AB-LM (receiver mode)

Interesting... I'll consider it by time... But PD seems more suitable for what I am interested in at the Moment. But I have skipped Measuring for too long and will come back to it for sure!
Yeah absolutely.
As a matter of fact, PluginDoctor is the first thing I'd recommend, as I wrote above.
The other thing with MMultiAnalyzer was more just for the sake of mentioning something I also often use, for slightly different purposes.
But PluginDoctor, for that kind of stuff, is cheaper, probably more immediate, and it includes the "Dynamics" analysis which is so useful to test dynamic processors and know them better.

It's immediately there and you can't really missconfigure it 😉

Result so far: more exact Analysis Methods required. An EQ/ Freq Curve does usually not really tell US much as long as WE have no Measures for it ... But interesting anyway... also the Harmonic moovements of some EQs.

Return to “Effects”