Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Ah right - Intel HD 530 iGPU over here. No discrete graphics card. Latest Intel drivers.

Guess I could try this a bit later on my W7 laptop that has both Intel and nVidia GPUs onboard. Will keep you posted!

Try it without OB-Xd GUI window open. Perhaps there is a bottleneck with the GFX. Monitoring CPU/GPU usage should be checked.

I can confirm what ED reported. Activate play on the transport controls in Studio One, and turn a knob on OB-Xd 2.0 nightly, and the play head/cursor/whatever in Studio One freezes for a moment.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Studio One 4.6 64-bit, and the VST3 of OB-Xd 2.0 nightly. And I have a Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card.

@discoDSP: Only happens when you operate a control in the the OB-Xd GUI here.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorry, double post
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I think I mentioned it's not happening with the GUI closed. Just when it's open.

Oh yeah, CPU is definitely jumping greatly. So in Reaper and OB-Xd GUI showing, nothing playing and nothing touching, CPU for just Reaper's process (in Task Manager) is around 0.2-0.5% over here. Now if I just hold a single 3-note chord with the default raw patch, CPU is 1.8-2%, but if I tweak the Cutoff knob as fast as I can with mouse, it jumps to 10-11% or so!
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okay, looks like there is some CPU/GPU spike going on. Will investigate. Thanks for detailed reports! :tu:

MIDI learn / clear is almost ready and has been pushed to Github development branch. Once clear gets polished between today and tomorrow I will publish a new nightly build with Catalina compatibility.

New nightly builds https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

- macOS Catalina support.
- MIDI Learn.
- MIDI CC support.
- Parameter refactor.
- XML based skinning.
- HiDPI (Retina) ready GUI themes.

Good stuff!

Nice to see some of those hidden parameters in MIDI CC list. You forgot a few, though:

LFO sync (say CC 89?)
Economy Mode (say CC 90?)
Filter Env Invert (say CC 91?)

Might not be a bad idea to put those hidden parameters on the GUI at some point?

Thanks. I think those don’t really work at all, I didn’t see any code for it (yet) ;)

And yes, they may eventually get into the GUI which is now very easy to do due to XML theme implementation.

Filter Env Invert for sure works when host automated, just tried it! I do see lower CPU with Economy mode on. LFO sync doesn't work, though :)

Self osc push hidden parameter is GREAT! Works in 2-pole mode though (probably it's intended that way).

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 pm New nightly builds https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

- macOS Catalina support.
- MIDI Learn.
- MIDI CC support.
- Parameter refactor.
- XML based skinning.
- HiDPI (Retina) ready GUI themes.
MIDI Learn seems much improved but what does the CC table do? How does one write to it? If I open the text file, simply replace the Filter Cutoff CC# and reload OB-Xd, nothing happens. If I MIDI Learn from the GUI, then check the .txt file, nothing is updated in the .txt file.

This is not related to the disco dsp stuff , but the problem that evildr. describes, I have with all synapse audio plugs .
Whenever the gui is shown , it sucks up cpu power
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”