Auditing new plugins for fun - terrible experience in general (usability, compatibility, buggy)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

yul wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 pmI understand now that Windows isn't your primary platform so that makes sense.
It's on par with macOS for us - what I meant to say was, while I personally choose to work on Macs, our Win devs don't post as frequently on KVR :clown:

In regards to stray folders you might come across, there's of course the issue that certain plug-in formats are installed in their respective locations. But their data hopefully is installed only once, in a single folder (Diva.data etc.) for all plug-in formats to share, typically linked to by shortcuts.

We measure failures of documentation by how much support they cost, and I think that the whole topic of installation paths is covered well enough in the user guides, after many iterations to optimize that kind of information.

The shift-drag thing was supposed to be remedied by MIDI CCs for "selected" and "fine selected", but that concept never took off. Gotta figure something out eventually, but everyone here also has a lot of other stuff to attend to currently.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:41 pm
yul wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 pmI understand now that Windows isn't your primary platform so that makes sense.
It's on par with macOS for us - what I meant to say was, while I personally choose to work on Macs, our Win devs don't post as frequently on KVR :clown:

how are the "euro" ones doing with the ufo module? :D

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:46 pm

It's our top prio atm. Manufacturing is done, we're currently polishing the firmware, optimizing the printed mini-manual and hopeing to have V1.0 ready to show by the end of this month. Or so. Unexpected things seem to always happen, but confidence is very high atm.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:58 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:46 pm

It's our top prio atm. Manufacturing is done, we're currently polishing the firmware, optimizing the printed mini-manual and hopeing to have V1.0 ready to show by the end of this month. Or so. Unexpected things seem to always happen, but confidence is very high atm.
awesome news :wheee:
plenty of space left here :D

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 am We furthermore made wavetable dependencies extremely robust so we don't need to embed them in presets. If a plug-in needs to embed wavetable data in presets (e.g. because, errrrm, editors...), you get a lot of bloat.
With Z2 i like the fact i dont have to worry about wavetables/OSC presets when im done with a patch cause everything is inside that patch.
I wonder how thats gonna be handled in Zebra 3 if (hopefully) its gets support for wavetables like Hive/Serum.
Andy is a support ninja.

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:16 am looks to me like the OP doesn't know how to use a computer
Pretty much.
Stormchild

Maybe it's time for a new hobby? For security reasons. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

User error, please replace user :P

Return to “Instruments”