Phonec CM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonec

Saukar30 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm You can download a demo of the main version of Phonec you can compare the 2.
I did the cm version i 🙂
Last edited by nokturnal1979 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nokturnal1979 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:03 am
Saukar30 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm You can download a demo of the main version of Phonec you can compare the 2.
I did the cm version is crap your right 4 note polyphony is useless 🙂
The CM version still sounds great and, while being limited, can make some excellent retro sounds. Definitely not crap.

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 am
The CM version still sounds great and, while being limited, can make some excellent retro sounds. Definitely not crap.
I guess
Last edited by nokturnal1979 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nokturnal1979 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:25 am
Russell Grand wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 am
I guess your right if u mean little blips and things,i guess saying crap for cm was harsh but 4 note polyphony is useless to me as i hold down chords , its only meant to be a intro version i guess a gateway , but yes its ok for little retro sounds in your songs , but not to create A full song or perform live with like the full version which is an amazing amazing synth .
Fair points, nokturnal, I would have to agree with your overall assessment of the CM version. And yes, the full version is awesome. :tu:

I was considering buying the full version but there's not enough of a difference between the CM version I have, and the full version.
I don't think the CM version is crap at all. Limits always inspire imagination and workarounds. 4 note polyphony is enough to make most chords, and certainly enough for a bassline, and when I have other 3rd party filters, phonec CM not having a second filter isn't a handicap at all.

I don't think the devs cripple enough things in the versions the magazines get. I've seen this with other synths too. If I hadn't already bought Bazille and Thorn, I wouldn't have upgraded, bbut I've seen this with the Fathom synth too. Got the CM version, and not enough extra features to justify upgrading.

Limitation is good. I stuck with Thorn CM.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

2NDMOUSE wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:58 pm I was considering buying the full version but there's not enough of a difference between the CM version I have, and the full version.
The full version supports MPE! That makes a huge difference already...

It would if I had an MPE compatible controller. I havent checked but I doubt my NI A61 has that capability.

Yeah, first get a MPE controller... For me that was the biggest game changer I came across since Max was released...

I'll get one when they're as inexpensive as a normal midi keyboard. I just bought the A61 less than 2 months ago. Perfectly happy with it for now

Return to “Instruments”