Wavesfactory releases Cassette

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have it with cereal in the mornings.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sync doesn't work at all in Ableton Live 10. It seems like it's just being ignored and still using the value from "free" mode

What is the “black box” approach? Like the black box problem with deep nets?

Also, does casette model companding?

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 pm What is the “black box” approach? Like the black box problem with deep nets?

Also, does casette model companding?
means:
you don't know exactly what a unit does, so you approach from the "what does this do" perspective, bombard it with every possible signal and twist every possible knob than devise your own methods to get the same results, which may or may not coincide with what an actual unit does.
as opposed to component level modelling, where you dissect the thing on a component level, model all the components, than put those components together.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 pm Also, does casette model companding?
Dolby - I think...

Yeah the component modelling vs blackbox modelling thing confuses me...

I used to think component modelling just got more accurate/authentic results provided it was done well but...

Relab made a spot on 480l using the blackbox approach and this plug seems to be very authentic as well.

I'm thinking now that both approaches can get very authentic results and probably the truth is what UBK says.. That the most important thing are the ears of the person designing it, not so much the design method itself...

smellypants wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:47 am Yeah the component modelling vs blackbox modelling thing confuses me...

I used to think component modelling just got more accurate/authentic results provided it was done well but...

Relab made a spot on 480l using the blackbox approach and this plug seems to be very authentic as well.

I'm thinking now that both approaches can get very authentic results and probably the truth is what UBK says.. That the most important thing are the ears of the person designing it, not so much the design method itself...
well, it depends.

a component model will be more accurate and is vastly easier to build to reproduce very complex systems with a lot of interactive parts. so, if you want your model to "feel" and "respond" like a real thing would without programming in all of these behaviors, the component model is the way to go.

black box approach, on the other hand, can be easier if you know the exact things you want, and exceedingly hard to do for certain things.

put it simply, each method will produce different emergent behaviors, but i think component modeled system will be closer to the real thing if you are testing for behaviors of the original system that you didn't necessarily program into the model. as in, a black box model of a tape wouldn't compress if you didn't specifically tell it to compress, whereas a good component model most certainly would, by virtue of modeling the processes that, as their effect, lead to natural compression.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:35 am
smellypants wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:47 am Yeah the component modelling vs blackbox modelling thing confuses me...

well, it depends.

a component model will be more accurate and is vastly easier to build to reproduce very complex systems with a lot of interactive parts. so, if you want your model to "feel" and "respond" like a real thing would without programming in all of these behaviors, the component model is the way to go.

black box approach, on the other hand, can be easier if you know the exact things you want, and exceedingly hard to do for certain things.

put it simply, each method will produce different emergent behaviors, but i think component modeled system will be closer to the real thing if you are testing for behaviors of the original system that you didn't necessarily program into the model. as in, a black box model of a tape wouldn't compress if you didn't specifically tell it to compress, whereas a good component model most certainly would, by virtue of modeling the processes that, as their effect, lead to natural compression.
Are you a complex systems person? ;-)

Hi guys,

Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.4:

- Fixed: crash when re-loading a project in Ableton Live.
- Fixed: graphics CPU bug (specially on FL Studio).
- Improved: presets are now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Improved: general optimisation.
- Added: enable / disable OpenGL.

As always, the update is free.
You can download the installers in the website - https://www.wavesfactory.com/cassette - or in the plug-in itself using the auto-update functionality.

wavesfactory wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 am Hi guys,

You can download the installers in the website - https://www.wavesfactory.com/cassette - or in the plug-in itself using the auto-update functionality.
hi,
Cassette, Pulsar Mu and ToneProjects Unisum is causing massive anomalies in Logic 10.5. Same doesn't happen in logic 10.4. When this happens, if i replace cassette/unisum/mu with Snarebuzz and retrigger the bug, it goes into infinite snaring. :?

I called apple and they said they can't do anything unless i replicate it with stock plugs - which i can't.
I'm also certain that it's not any of you guys fault, but something apple changed in the latest version.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 am

hi,
Cassette, Pulsar Mu and ToneProjects Unisum is causing massive anomalies in Logic 10.5. Same doesn't happen in logic 10.4. When this happens, if i replace cassette/unisum/mu with Snarebuzz and retrigger the bug, it goes into infinite snaring. :?

I called apple and they said they can't do anything unless i replicate it with stock plugs - which i can't.
I'm also certain that it's not any of you guys fault, but something apple changed in the latest version.
Have you checked with the latest version 1.0.4?

wavesfactory wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 am
Ploki wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 am

hi,

Have you checked with the latest version 1.0.4?
Yeah same thing. Also in contact with ToneProjects dev - i’ll push forward any info i might get.
It’s really bizarre

Hello!
Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.5:
- Improved: 50% less CPU consumption on Windows.
- Fixed: crash when internet connection is not available.

You can download for free on the website or in the plugin itself.
www.wavesfactory.com/audio-plugins/cassette

Hello!

Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.6:
- Added: Apple Silicon native support.
- Added: more artist presets by Torley.
- Removed: OpenGL support.
- Improved: bug fixes and optimisations.

You can update now for free downloading the latest version from the website or directly clicking on the auto-updater icon in the plugin itself.
https://www.wavesfactory.com/audio-plugins/cassette

Also, we are currently running the SUMMER SALE with 25% OFF on everything until August, 14th.

(could not find delete post button)
Last edited by legendCNCD on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Effects”