Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Arashi
KVRist
109 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Chrisk-K wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 pm
I couldn't initially see the option button because everything looked so small :) Anyway, I like it a lot.
Yeah, plus the Option and Setting buttons are in a totally different spot in each plugin. Also — leaving aside the fact that they should both be plural — what's up with having Option *and* Setting buttons? What's the difference between an option and a setting? It's just bad UI.

But yes…fortunately they do sound good.
Stormchild

Examigan
KVRAF
5305 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 am

I noticed there was an update for the XV-5080 so I installed it. It then says "Installed" for a few seconds, then it's replaced with "Update" again. It says it is v1.02 now when I view the plugin, so I don't know why it keeps saying Update in the Cloud Manager if it already is updated. I think that should just say Installed and only show Update if there actually is a new update ready to be installed.

Also, is there a list of what fixes or improvements that are in the update?

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5804 posts since 8 Jun, 2009 from UK

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:28 am

Roland Cloud Manager seems to be a bit broken again. It keeps saying there are updates when they're aren't any.

Caine123
KVRAF
6327 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:30 am

it really is a painful system, it often doesnt work sadly :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

JamminFool
KVRian
1168 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:20 am

Gamma-UT wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:28 am
Roland Cloud Manager seems to be a bit broken again. It keeps saying there are updates when they're aren't any.
FUBR (foobar). This is the the way it always works. It says there are updates available EVERYTIME I start it up, yet there almost NEVER are.

These guys are amateurs when it comes to software maintenance.

rod_zero
KVRAF
3104 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 am

I would buy promars and sh02 plugouts if the whole service was more reliable and there was hope of long term support.
dedication to flying

fmr
KVRAF
9708 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am

rod_zero wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 am
I would buy promars and sh02 plugouts if the whole service was more reliable and there was hope of long term support.
The Roland Cloud Manager has experienced some ups and downs, but the instruments themselves have been reliable, supported and updated for almost four years now. They even received new scalable GUIs. I don't think Roland will drop the software in the next couple of years, although I have some doubts that the ACB technology will be featured in newer instruments anytime soon.

It seems that the next couple of years will be just Zen Core. :-(
Fernando (FMR)

Aloysius
KVRAF
29319 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:33 am

Got the JV-1080. Having a bit of trouble with it.

1) The factory banks were missing. I had to navigate to the Roland Folder to load them into the VSTi (Banks A-E) one at a time.
2) They are working now. Managed to install the three additional packs from the Cloud Manager (RCM) Patches section.

At the moment everything is working except under the LEGENDARY section, RCM says JV-1080 is available in my SOFTWARE section (which it is) but it is still displaying the ''get a lifetime key'' message, top right. Must have been a glitch during purchase. My internet was bad this morning.

This might be of interest to others: I discovered that if you click on the word 'Account' in RCM (bottom left of the App') you can send a message to support from there.

Update: Travis from Suport says: ''Right now, everyone has access to the JV-1080 during the July promotion. After that, you should see your status in Roland Cloud Manager revert to your purchased lifetime key.''
Hi-de-Hi!

rod_zero
KVRAF

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:25 pm

fmr wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am
rod_zero wrote:
The Roland Cloud Manager has experienced some ups and downs, but the instruments themselves have been reliable, supported and updated for almost four years now. They even received new scalable GUIs. I don't think Roland will drop the software in the next couple of years, although I have some doubts that the ACB technology will be featured in newer instruments anytime soon.

Also, it would be much more attractive if either the system 8 or system 1 had more space for more plugouts, if I could load 4 more on the S8 I would probably more dragged to get the software.
dedication to flying

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
2304 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:28 pm

rod_zero wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:25 pm
fmr wrote:
rod_zero wrote:

Also, it would be much more attractive if either the system 8 or system 1 had more space for more plugouts, if I could load 4 more on the S8 I would probably more dragged to get the software.
I don’t have the hardware, but thought you could switch between them if they’re on a plugged in USB unless I’m confusing them with preset banks. Obviously still only three loaded at a time.

Chrisk-K
KVRist
113 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Zenology sounds great, and I'm having lots of fun with the Juno-106. The RCM has been unreliable, though. Isn't the RCM supposed to be a simple, straightforward program?

rod_zero
KVRAF

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:28 pm
rod_zero wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:25 pm
fmr wrote:
rod_zero wrote:

I don’t have the hardware, but thought you could switch between them if they’re on a plugged in USB unless I’m confusing them with preset banks. Obviously still only three loaded at a time.
Yes you can switch them, but it becomes annoying, it would be nicer to always have all of them accessible from the hw
dedication to flying

gunark
KVRist
169 posts since 1 Sep, 2003 from Studio Telex

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:18 am

SH-101 ZENOLOGY plug-in engine thing is out now. Poly as well, lovely.

Arashi
KVRist
109 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:24 am

gunark wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:18 am
Compared it with an SH-01A and the SH-101 (ACB) plugin. Doesn’t sound anywhere near as good.
Stormchild

Chrisk-K
KVRist
113 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 pm

gunark wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:18 am
To me, it doesn't sound good. Granted, I have never been a fan of the SH.

Return to “Instruments”