2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ordered a spa for my grandpa.
plus an update chip for both grandpa and spa.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm Just got this Zither from James Jones Instruments in the US. Looks and sounds beautiful, very well built with solid tonewoods etc. Sounds great with ebow too. :) Now I fancy one of his Bowed Psalterys...

https://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/
Beautiful! Hang some paper clips or light chains from the strings for prepared zither!

foosnark wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:30 pm Picked up a WMD MSCL compressor, after dithering for a while about several other options.
I really like the MSCL, kind of reminds me of Audio Damage's Rough Rider. Sounds great on percussive sounds. I was surprised to see it's based on a THAT VCA chip.

i bought some totally sick gear this year: a replacement dehumidifier for my studio/basement & a couple CPU fans
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

wetdentist wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 pm i bought some totally sick gear this year: a replacement dehumidifier for my studio/basement & a couple CPU fans
That probably is some sick gear... I've live in some areas with some very humid basements. Some that flooded too. It might not be fun, but I'm sure it makes that much better to use it as a studio!

I'm still excited about having my file cabinet that rolls nicely under the desk!

I just ordered a Keeley ECCOS looper/delay!

I'm still holding out for another batch of Hologram Microcosm pedals.

Right now, my shopping list (not in any order) looks like this:

Chase Bliss Audio - Warped Vinyl HiFi
Stone Deaf - Tremotron
Keeley - D&M

And then a flexible dedicated delay pedal, which is likely last on my list since Caverns 2 has delay, Dark Side has delay (Binson Echorec) and the ECCOS will have delay. I've been looking at JHS Lucky Cat (formerly Pink Panther) after eliminating many others.

Tomorrow I should finally get my Slo/Fathom pedal back after Walrus Audio fixed it up. This will feel new again since I only had it here less than a day before getting sent back out!

Bought a JV 1080 - my first rack synth! :)
Also got an APC 40

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm ordered a spa for my grandpa.
its in "ups" hands now, so i may see it by august :lol:

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm ordered a spa for my grandpa.
its in "ups" hands now, so i may see it by august :lol:
BASTL!

I seriously could not put it together the first time :hihi:

:tu:
they make lovely, interesting stuff :D

Just in case anyone else has the same issue, or even an occasional issue for working with guitar pedals in a desktop environment, I found that Nintendo Switch stands work incredibly well with adjustable angles and that they're dirt cheap... less that $6 each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L ... UTF8&psc=1

I have two, and just bought two more

As mentioned many times here, NYC apartment living has severe space constraints which requires creative solutions for use and storage. The beauty of these stands is that since they're collapsable, they'll be easy to store away when not in use.

I had found some independent shops offering wood stands and I also considered making one myself, but I have no place to put it afterwards.

Bought a Mazzatron Mult+Pass Thru. The plan is to rig up basic wooden legs in place of rails, and let it sit right next to my case to act as patch points to connect the modular to my audio interface, letting me pull out the Bastl mults and save 4HP :hihi:

Another possibility would be to hide the ES-3 and ES-6 inside my case and use the M+PT to access them, saving 6HP. I might find myself getting a second one later and doing both.

Also bought a Microsoft Surface Dial to use with Elephant, for luxury DAW knob control :tu:

I'm pondering getting a powered Pod26. That'd take some of the strain off my main case's PSU, let me grab a Casper/Bastl Waver (which I think I would love) and have enough space for a Xaoc Drezno and Jena. But I'm gonna wait until that E520 arrives before I decide anything like that... the black panels got delayed in production and should show up at SynthTech next week (I hope). Getting kind of jealous @ the early birds who chose aluminum panels and got theirs already :x

So far this year it's mainly gone in the pocket of Ian Behringer, bought a Deepmind 12 and a ADA8200 to keep everything on discrete audio channels.
I also count the iPad Air I bought as it mainly to tinker with music apps like the freebie Deepmind remote control and it's proving to be really good little machine for leads when I load up the Moog Model 15.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

foosnark wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:21 pm Bought a Mazzatron Mult+Pass Thru. The plan is to rig up basic wooden legs in place of rails, and let it sit right next to my case to act as patch points to connect the modular to my audio interface, letting me pull out the Bastl mults and save 4HP :hihi:

Another possibility would be to hide the ES-3 and ES-6 inside my case and use the M+PT to access them, saving 6HP. I might find myself getting a second one later and doing both.

Also bought a Microsoft Surface Dial to use with Elephant, for luxury DAW knob control :tu:

I'm pondering getting a powered Pod26. That'd take some of the strain off my main case's PSU, let me grab a Casper/Bastl Waver (which I think I would love) and have enough space for a Xaoc Drezno and Jena. But I'm gonna wait until that E520 arrives before I decide anything like that... the black panels got delayed in production and should show up at SynthTech next week (I hope). Getting kind of jealous @ the early birds who chose aluminum panels and got theirs already :x
just been at noise kitchen for my above order, saw that waver, looks very interesting indeed :)

Oops. This was meant to be a PM.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”