Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am Thanks I don't have the Obsession Re yet - have emailed Synapse to request it a couple of days ago but they are probably busy
It just took just 1/2 hour to get the licence activated in my Reason account.

PhaseTransition wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:36 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am Thanks I don't have the Obsession Re yet - have emailed Synapse to request it a couple of days ago but they are probably busy
It just took just 1/2 hour to get the licence activated in my Reason account.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong - how does this work then? Do I not need to request a code or something to activate it?

This is a very good sounding synth it makes me wonder what there are others like it sound like in comparison

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:48 pm Maybe I'm doing something wrong - how does this work then? Do I not need to request a code or something to activate it?
I just sent them a request to crossgrade and my Obsession order number + Reason name.

Then Richard somehow activated it in my reason account.

OK I'll try again

thanks

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:31 pm OK I'll try again

thanks
found this
Richard wrote:Yes, the crossgrade is free. Just send us an email (or pm me) with your ReasonStudios username, as well as the order number for The Legend VST. Then we will get you a RE license :)
same for OBsession I guess

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 am Ho do you export as a .repatch? I don't see any options under save for this (NKS export would also be nice).
this is all I could find on that problem, doesnt seem like much help. Maybe bump it to get more details

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =7&t=12152

AnX wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:05 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 am Ho do you export as a .repatch? I don't see any options under save for this (NKS export would also be nice).
this is all I could find on that problem, doesnt seem like much help. Maybe bump it to get more details

Thanks I think it is actually - looks like Marcin is saying the only difference between formats is the file extension so if I resave patches with .repatch as the extension it should work, I guess.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks I think it is actually - looks like Marcin is saying the only difference between formats is the file extension so if I resave patches with .repatch as the extension it should work, I guess.
The *.repatch files i exported with the VST2 seem to be much bigger with 97 KB for the *.repatch files and only 10 KB for the fxp files.
I don't know why but the *.repatch files posted by AnX in the Soundware forum have a size of 42 KB so they are smaller. I had used v1.02 of the VST2 plugin for Windows which should be the latest version.

I don't have the RE plugin and Reason so i can't test the exported *.repatch files myself.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:30 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:08 pm

The *.repatch files i exported with the VST2 seem to be much bigger with 97 KB for the *.repatch files and only 10 KB for the fxp files.
I don't know why but the *.repatch files posted by AnX in the Soundware forum have a size of 42 KB so they are smaller. I had used v1.02 of the VST2 plugin for Windows which should be the latest version.

I don't have the RE plugin and Reason so i can't test the exported *.repatch files myself.
Just tested with a Legend patch saved as a .repatch from the VST - it came to 8kb and loaded perfectly in the Re version so this seems to work.

Oh cool got an email now from Rich saying Obsession is in my Reason account - thanks Rich!

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 amthats like buying a car and watching someone else drive it :hihi:
In that case, I can see some sense in it. I love watching other people drive a car like mine around the Nurburgring and other race tracks. Maybe that's where my tolerance came from - it takes less than 9 minutes for a BRZ to lap the 'ring and anything longer than that feels too slow.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:36 pmHey Bones, if I may ask, what exactly do you do? Sounds like some graphic arts thing.
I'm a motion graphics designer at one of our major TV networks. I used to work in news but these days I am in promos, where we make all the ads for our TV shows. This is the kind of stuff I do -
https://vimeo.com/36468415
Last edited by BONES on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'm logging into Vimeo with Facebook but it's giving me technical difficulties.

I just updated the link.

Return to “Instruments”