One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations to all the winners! I think this is a well-deserved five places (no internal contradiction this time... well, maybe a little little bit :hihi: )
I remember there were 40 tracks in the vote and 37 in the list :?: ... Are these three disqualified or lost?

Congrats to the winners! A well deserved top 5 in a very strong group of entries.

IV! wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:01 pm I remember there were 40 tracks in the vote and 37 in the list :?: ... Are these three disqualified or lost?
A few of them got disqualified for not voting! So they weren't counted in the ranking

Congratulations to the winners of last month’s OSC and extra thanks to the creator of the extraordinary soft synth, Odin 2!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:tu:
바보

This time my taste differed very much for the average. In spite of that, of course, winners congrats.

Congrats to all up there in the green, Photonic :hail: in particular, of course. And applause too :clap: :clap: :clap: . Well deserved positions for excellent work !

congratulations to the top 5 and photonic in particular for a well deserved first place ! :clap:
thanks to everyone who took their time to write feedback on SC - it's invaluable for keeping things going and motivation up.

WOW :hyper:

Don't know where to start ...

Yeah, of course with my congrats to mmGhost, keith303, MorphedDreams and simanus for their well deserved top places :clap:

This first place realy means a lot for me. I put a lot of my heart in this track, because I wanted to make this synth shine. Not only that I think this is one of the best free synth out there, it gave me the opportunity to do some nice orchestrally stuff. A genre, which interests me more and more.

So in no particular order:
Thanks to The WaveWarden for this great synth. You did an amazing job :tu:
Thanks for all the points you gave me. I am very happy that this kind of music also catches you too :hug:
Thanks for all the great comments on SC. I was speachless a lot of times when I read them :o

I will take no prize. But I have a wish: That sometimes, we will make another Odin2 round again :wink:
Last edited by photonic on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Congrats to the top 5 ... :clap: :clap: :clap: To me Photonic's track stood out, and his explanation about how much effort he put into it (and why!), and also passing on the prize, just shows what a super musician and sound designer he is ... big ups from me ...

A super quality round this time, it just shows that if the challenge is not to struggle with the synth (nothing wrong with that "extra" challenge btw), then the musicians in us all can shine through in the tracks. :party:

Thanks to everyone who voted me into my usual halfway house, quite content with that and the nice comments. :tu:

db

Congrats Photonic and top five winners. Well deserved positions for all of you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This month I'm really happy with the track I made, specially with the mix. I learned a ton of new things, as always that I take part in this great contest. :D

Thanks for the nice comments on my song and for the generosity in the votes. No one gave me less than three points. I think is the first time that this happens to me here in OSC. :o

As always thanks to Brian and Richard for make this possible. Good work guys. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The OSC competition is really open to everyone and it's great! However, sometimes when I look at the voting tables, I come to the same thought that many participants come to when they are facing an OSC vote for the first time: it might be wise to change/add a condition for voting for tracks of the month - each voter must have at least one track of their own in the history of the OSC (with the exception of the synthesizer of the month developer, of course :lol: ). This way we will know that everyone who voted represented what they were listening to and evaluating. :!: this is just thinking, I'm not accusing anyone or insisting on anything :ud:

IV! wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 am The OSC competition is really open to everyone and it's great! However, sometimes when I look at the voting tables, I come to the same thought that many participants come to when they are facing an OSC vote for the first time: it might be wise to change/add a condition for voting for tracks of the month - each voter must have at least one track of their own in the history of the OSC (with the exception of the synthesizer of the month developer, of course :lol: ). This way we will know that everyone who voted represented what they were listening to and evaluating.
There is already a rule that non-participating voters (other than the developer) must have more than 40 forum posts prior to the competition start. This is certainly a good idea to prevent people from registering a bunch of sock puppets or enlisting a a crowd of friends to stuff the vote. I doubt "must be a past participant" is any better guarantee of an unbiased vote than "must be an established KVR community member".
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Huge congratulations to the winners! Highly deserved. Worth noting that a lot of people made really wonderful tracks this month, and it was hard to pick my favorites.

Congratulations to the winners :clap:

Well deserved top spots. Generally stocked with the outcome, as stated before. Good job, everybody :D

I've added the top three tracks to the welcome page of my homepage. I guess it's good exposure for both sides :)

congrats to photonic and the rest of the folks. Odin 2 was probably my favorite synths to use in one synth challenge. the sonic pallet seems unlimited with it. a good mix of vintage sound with modern capability. there were so many interesting tracks this month as a result. i made a whole mess of sounds and came out with something on the other end of that. glad people seemed to like the vibes. one thing i will say is that because the synth has no presets i was quite impressed with how creative people were making their own sounds entirely from scratch. those pianos!

i think i will take a prize - i'll go for the vintage echo plugin as i'm starting to understand how to use delay more creatively after using Odin 2.

Cheers - and best wishes to everyone.

Return to “Instruments”