Contest: July ”Gossip”

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mister Natural wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:02 pm still in the midst of settling in to my new studio space - all I can manage is scratch track jamming atm

how's everyone doing with their quarantine blues riffs ?
best
Noodling, got an idea for this month. I thought, ELP - Fanfare for the common man, I would have to simplify it to my level, too much effort.

Decided on something else. How about you?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

At worst I'll be able to submit a badly played bossa nova-ish guitar thing based on Grieg's 'Morning Mood'. Practicing a bit, keeping it simple, but it still sounds very clumsy.

can I use a unconventionall "motif of a well known classical piece in a song" ? ? :D

skipscada wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:32 am At worst I'll be able to submit a badly played bossa nova-ish guitar thing based on Grieg's 'Morning Mood'. Practicing a bit, keeping it simple, but it still sounds very clumsy.
looking forward to hearing this, I do like a bossa, any vocals?

hivkorn wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 am can I use a unconventionall "motif of a well known classical piece in a song" ? ? :D
Go for it.

Hellfog wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:11 pm
hivkorn wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 am can I use a unconventionall "motif of a well known classical piece in a song" ? ? :D
Go for it.
ok :D

this is harder than i expected :o
cant seem to get anything going :cry:

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:22 pm this is harder than i expected :o
Ode to Joy to a trippy beat?

Yeah me too. Hard to pick what classical music to choose.

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 pm
Ode to Joy to a trippy beat?
for a second i thought "didnt coldcut do that?"
but nope, was prokofiev, peter and the wolf!

Hellfog wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Yeah me too. Hard to pick what classical music to choose.

indeed, theres obvious choices, beethovens 5th, bachs cellos, or the pretty much pop already pachebels...

but id like something a little leas mainstream, but still well known, thats where the difficulty lies!
nice challenge 8)

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:41 pm the pretty much pop already pachebels...
for reals

Maybe classical ottoman music would inspire you all. This one is quite popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Apli1TWfE

as a child, hearing stories on tv about the ottomon empire, given the pronunciation, "otter men" i would visualise otter men doing all these deeds.
imagine my disappointment as i grew and discovered such things never existed :(

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:47 pm
skipscada wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:32 am At worst I'll be able to submit a badly played bossa nova-ish guitar thing based on Grieg's 'Morning Mood'. Practicing a bit, keeping it simple, but it still sounds very clumsy.
looking forward to hearing this, I do like a bossa, any vocals?
Aargh! Despite practising my little piece quite a few times it just sounds clumsy and uptight, which is just about the opposite of what bossa nova is supposed to be: styliush and relaxed. Tried to add vocals, but that only added awkwardness and tentativeness to the mix. So I'll either have to prcatise some more and write a better vocal line, or do some exotic arrangment and mixing to hide the shortcomings. Or just submit the half-baked effort as it is.

Return to “Music Cafe”