T-RackS Space Delay Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New plug-in recreates the iconic sound and character of a classic tape delay unit

We are proud to release T-RackS Space Delay for our industry standard T-RackS mixing and mastering software workstation. This new vintage tape delay/spring reverb plug-in recreates the detailed character and sound of an iconic tape echo unit heard on countless albums and can be used both as a stand-alone plug-in or inside T-RackS 5.

Warm, lush tape echo sound
T-RackS Space Delay offers users a chance to enjoy the flexible controls and instantly recognizable organic sound of the classic Roland® RE-201 Space Echo™ delay unit, modeled with an unprecedented level of detail.

Using the same mix of dynamic convolution and physical modeling as IK’s Tape Machine Collection, T-RackS Space Delay captures the sound of this iconic effect, down to the finest detail. Just as on the original, users can enjoy experimenting with three playback heads, the variable speed motor and engage the spring reverb to create everything from subtle space to rich, swelling echos.

Click here to learn more about T-RackS Space Delay

Try the free demo in T-RackS Custom Shop

V.I.N.CENT theme GUi I like it, its got a very distinct sound I like it.

Didn’t you guys already release the same delay but in green?

Edit: no, it was the plexitape.
Last edited by simmo75 on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Echo is a classic. I look forward to checking it out.

Oooooh this looks like a nice unit. I've got a folder full of delays including IK's Tape Echo so I'll probably pass on this one but let's hope this is the first in a line of new FX like hopefully a Chorus Unit. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

As I already have the AudioThing and the Arturia versions (both very good), I wonder about getting this.... Anyone with any thoughts or impressions about how IK's version compares with the AudioThing and the Arturia versions??

And there’s also the version by a small dev whose name I can’t remember now that has pretty extensive controls and people seem to like, that was going to be the next one I buy if I get another Space Echo, now there’s this new IK version …. hmmmm
Last edited by dbender on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

dbender wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 am As I already have the AudioThing and the Arturia versions (both very good), I wonder about getting this.... Anyone with any thoughts or impressions about how IK's version compares with the AudioThing and the Arturia versions??
Especially if the CPU is as high as the tapes.

Neat! Now do Dimension D.

Space Delay CPU usage is pretty minimal. So I don't understand why Tape Machines are such hogs. TR5 Tape Machines need an eco mode, but Space Delay doesn't seem to.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ElevateAudio wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 am
dbender wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 am As I already have the AudioThing and the Arturia versions (both very good), I wonder about getting this.... Anyone with any thoughts or impressions about how IK's version compares with the AudioThing and the Arturia versions??
Especially if the CPU is as high as the tapes.
It isn't. It is hardly CPU-intensive in comparison. Best best, though, is to try the demo on your system to verify it works well with regard to CPU utilization (and any other way) before purchasing.

dbender wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 am And there’s also the version by a small dev whose name I can’t remember now that has pretty extensive controls and people seem to like, that was going to be the next one I buy if I get another Space Echo, now there’s this new IK version …. hmmmm
Was is the GS-201 Mk II one ? That one is great, probably my favourite of all the Space Echo VSTs I've tried :) https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=45

AudioThing's Outer Space has a ton of additional controls built into a lower panel that expands out. Coulda been that too.

Between ValhallaDelay, OuterSpace, Arturia, EchoBoy, EchoBoy Jr., I'm not even going to demo this as I feel like I have my SpaceEcho's covered. And I don't even own the GSI MKII, UAD or Surreal Machines versions! That's kind of the bummer with doing stuff that's been modeled so often...people have probably got a few Space Echo plugins already and if you do, it's easier to avoid demo'ing a new one, even if it is great.

Did Soundtoys model their SpaceEcho mode to the smallest component or its just a basic model?

Yet another double post
Last edited by jens on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Just a rudimentary "model" of the most basic kind.. I am not even sure I'd call the Echoboy Styles "models" - it's just presets for the Style parameters
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

So, theres actually no point comparing a basic model from Echoboy with full component modeling of IK Space Echo! Cant wait to try it out when I get back to studio. Anyone else had a try so far?

Return to “Effects”